2022 Stashbusting CAL (CLOSED)

greyhoundgrandma

23 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Using 8 balls is +8. Buying 3 skeins (skeins are 2 points each) is -6   = +2.

Thanks Greyhound grandma I'm really trying to get this as you can see math was not my thing...🤔

12 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

Thanks Greyhound grandma I'm really trying to get this as you can see math was not my thing...🤔

No problem. It really doesn't take too long to get the hang of it.

Scores for the week ending 3/26/22:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +9

Silver Medal Winner: a tie-- PBLKNP +2

Jayashiangel +2

Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -2

I've hardly gotten any crocheting in lately. I'm struggling with an angry shoulder AND some mild carpal tunnel, so I'm trying to listen to my hand. Most days if I can do 50 stitches before it hurts, it's a good day. So it will be a long time before I use anything up!

WTD scores for the week ending 4/2/22:

Gold Medal Winner: Jayashiangel +8

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +6

Bronze Medal Winner: PBLKNP +2

greyhoundgrandma 0

No Shoot the Moon Winner this week!

Wow, bronze medal!  I’m hoping to use up a few more skeins this week. Still trying to determine who to give the afghan to. This evening I have a small helper. 

BD34509C-FE28-48AC-86B3-A1FEAC7530BB.jpeg

I haven't been here since March 19th. I forgot a few times and I also had computer problems. I'm back. For a while I didn't do much:crocheting . The last couple of weeks I used a ball and 2 skeins of white and rolled down a skein of brown (+ 6) :yay . I made a over 20 bunny pins and 4 stuffed bunnies (3 white and 1 brown). I need to get more pins, eyes and pom-poms. I hope to get 2 more stuffed bunnies and more pins done before Easter.

WTD: + 6   YTD: + 32

Ellie 13

I got the material for the next three stripes of the Annie's kit, so....-6.

I worked this afternoon on the two homework pieces for an on line class Wed and Thurs nights (Oops How do I fix that), but no skeins used up.

It was very busy at the market with the holiday rush so not much :crocheting time. I did make 1 more stuffed bunny and some bunny pins though. I rolled a skein down (+1). Yesterday, I took the bus/subway to my parents for Easter weekend. I made a baby hat during the trip, another hat and 2 pocket prayer shawls after lunch (parents nap time :lol ). I used 2 balls (+2). My mom and I are going shopping today. If I see :yarn, who knows what my score will be tonight.

WTD: + 3   YTD: + 35

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

This week I have been working on a bag project start off with a new skein.. frogged it three times roll the yarn back into a ball and start it again finally finished it 🙄.. still not impressed with pattern🤔... I haven't removed the stitch markers but here's a picture of it...

It's a granny square bottom bag...

WTD +2 but maybe a few more depending if we count the winding it up three times.

20220416_064110(1).jpg

Edited by Jayashiangel

7 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

This week I have been working on a bag project start off with a new skein.. frogged it three times roll the yarn back into a ball and start it again finally finished it 🙄.. still not impressed with pattern🤔... I haven't removed the stitch markers but here's a picture of it...

It's a granny square bottom bag...

WTD +2 but maybe a few more depending if we count the winding it up three times.

20220416_064110(1).jpg

I like your colors. Glad it finally worked out. You are correct on the +2 for the skein used up. All the frogging and rerolling cancel themselves out.