2022 Stashbusting CAL (CLOSED)

greyhoundgrandma

I used up a ball starting a little shawl...+1. I would have finished it today but having the grands for 2 hours turned into 7 hours after DIL ended up in the ER. She'll probably have to go back to the dr tomorrow so they'll be back here again. I'm going to bed early and hopefully will be ready for another busy day. I've got to get my meal plans made for when I have them a couple of days (and nights) in a row next month when the new baby arrives.   -45

On 1/27/2022 at 9:21 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

I used up a ball starting a little shawl...+1. I would have finished it today but having the grands for 2 hours turned into 7 hours after DIL ended up in the ER. She'll probably have to go back to the dr tomorrow so they'll be back here again. I'm going to bed early and hopefully will be ready for another busy day. I've got to get my meal plans made for when I have them a couple of days (and nights) in a row next month when the new baby arrives.   -45

I'm so sorry about your DIL!  I hope she gets well soon.  I'm going to post my totals later, depending on how much crocheting I get to today.  Seeing as we're getting a foot of snow, I should be able to finish my Dragon and baby blanket today.

4 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

I'm so sorry about your DIL!  I hope she gets well soon.  I'm going to post my totals later, depending on how much crocheting I get to today.  Seeing as we're getting a foot of snow, I should be able to finish my Dragon and baby blanket today.

Thanks, Pam! They ended up back at the hospital Thursday night/early Friday morning, they induced Friday and we have a 7# 8 oz baby boy. Mom and baby doing good. Mom may come home with BP meds but they should both be home tomorrow.

Needless to say, I haven't gotten much crocheting done. LOL

WTD -45   YTD -47

• Like 2

I've been very Cricut-focused lately but I've got several friends who are expecting now and I really need to get going on baby gifts. I did make & finish one small (carseat sized) blanket and I rolled what was left of the skein into a ball this week. I've also gotten about a quarter of the way thru a graphghan for a second baby gift.

WTD +1

YTD +137

Edited by Inkked0317
Typo

Scores for the week ending 1/29/22:

Gold Medal Winner: PBLKNP +2

Silver Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +1

pineknott 0

Ellie 13 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -45

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

YTD scores for January 2022:

Gold Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +137

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +26

Bronze Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +15

PBLKNP -34

January's Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -47

28 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Medal Winner: PBLKNP +2

pineknott 0

Woohoo!!! 

1 hour ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Gold Medal Winner: PBLKNP +2

pineknott 0

1 hour ago, PBLKNP said:

Woohoo!!! 

I added the "Gold" to that. Did it on the laptop, not sure what happened. I'll blame it on child induced brain fog. LOL

Mom and baby are home and the siblings have been picked up, so I'm enjoying some quiet time.

Too late to post, but it was 0 anyway. It :2snow all day yesterday and we got about 2 ft. I stayed in and made coveralls and a dress for the teddy bear. Today was :sun but :wcold , so I made 4 baby hats, but still no :yarn used. Old movies, hot chocolate and :crocheting , the best way survive a "mini blizzard" :manyheart . They're saying more snow at the end of the week, so maybe I'll get more :crocheting done :lol .

WTD:  0   YTD:  + 15

Ellie13

I managed to finish the unicorn and baby blanket!  Now I just have to wash it and get it ready for little Luna.  In the meantime, I’ve been crocheting more tiny hats for the little gnome I made before.  I’m currently working on a Valentine’s hat.  I’m basically using the pattern for the Halloween one, but I’m going to crochet little hearts for it.

WTD = +2

:clap

Mon. and Tue. it was below freezing :wbrr , nothing melted. It was very hard walking to work, but it was worth it though, a co-worker brought me 3 skeins of :yarn (- 6) . Wed. and Thur. it was 37 to 40 (a heat wave :lol) and it got slushy out. There was rain/sleet most of yesterday and I fell on the way to work. I didn't get hurt (just a little sore) because ended up sitting in a snowbank (good thing nobody saw me :blush). When I called my boss and told him what happened, he :lol , then told me to go home and dry out. I did a lot of :crocheting , I made 8 more hats and used 3 small skeins (+ 6). Score wise, I seem to be going nowhere fast.

WTD:  0   YTD:  +15

Ellie 13

15 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

Mon. and Tue. it was below freezing :wbrr , nothing melted. It was very hard walking to work, but it was worth it though, a co-worker brought me 3 skeins of :yarn (- 6) . Wed. and Thur. it was 37 to 40 (a heat wave :lol) and it got slushy out. There was rain/sleet most of yesterday and I fell on the way to work. I didn't get hurt (just a little sore) because ended up sitting in a snowbank (good thing nobody saw me :blush). When I called my boss and told him what happened, he :lol , then told me to go home and dry out. I did a lot of :crocheting , I made 8 more hats and used 3 small skeins (+ 6). Score wise, I seem to be going nowhere fast.

WTD:  0   YTD:  +15

Ellie 13

Glad you had a cushion for the fall even if it was wet!

Going nowhere fast is better than falling into the yarn pit like I have. LOL