2022 Stashbusting CAL (CLOSED)

greyhoundgrandma

The mail today brought an afghan kit with 8 skeins. I signed up for a quarterly afghan kit with Mary Maxim. (yes, I need my head examined)

I finished three color stripes on an afghan but didn't use up or roll any yarn on it. Also made a little progress on the baby blanket, but not on the yarn.

WTD -16

• Like 1

I’ve been tempted to sign up for that Mary Maxim afghan program as well, but I suspect we’d need to put an addition onto the house to hold all the extra yarn! 🤣🤣🤣

I got tempted since it's quarterly. The first one uses the MM Prism yarn and I like the color it came in. It's squares to put together which I'm not crazy about, but it's only 12. We'll see how it goes.

Certainly a lot more reasonably priced than the Annie's kit club where I'm getting the yarn and pattern for three stripes a month. When I looked up the yarn, it only costs half of the monthly charge so that leaves a lot for the pattern and the availability of videos. But I gave in to the Christmas colors, so it is what it is--live and learn.

• Like 1

I found, with the Annie’s Attic one, that I had enough yarn left over to make another afghan for someone, so it turned out to be an okay deal after all. I think the Mary Maxim quarterly one sounds like fun!  

I used up another skein on my corner-to-corner afghan, so:

WTD = +2

:sheepjump

This week working on water carriers..using up 5 scrap balls plus 1 full skein...bought 2 balls of cotton..

I also ordered on Amazon some clips to allow to attach 2 different size strap options....

Edited by Jayashiangel

10 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

This week working on water carriers..using up 5 scrap balls plus 1 full skein...bought 2 balls of cotton..

I also ordered on Amazon some clips to allow to attach 2 different size strap options....

A WTD total needs to be included in the post. The 5 scrap balls used are +5. The full skein used is +2.

Usually any new yarn no matter what it's shape--skein, hank, ball--is counted as -2 (unless you have bought or received a partially used ball of yarn). The important part of that is if you count it as -2 going in, it's +2 going out; or if for some reason you count it as -1 going in, it's +1 going out. It's just usually easier to keep the same +2/-2 on new yarn so you don't have to keep up with what you're calling a new ball and what's a rolled down partial ball.

Ultimately we're not sticklers on the rules. As long as you know what's going on with your stash, it's all good and we'll go by your posted WTD.

Scores for the week ending 5/7/22:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +5

Silver Medal Winner: Jayashiangel +3

Bronze Medal Winner: PBLKNP +2

Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -16

• Like 1

Sorry about the confusion Greyhound grandma and others I was in the middle of posting while I was at work and I see it only posted part of my message which would have had the wtd in it had it posted everything sometimes I don't have a great signal when I'm at work....

It is hot and humid here! I cleaned the inside and outside of my windshield, dusted the dash, got the mail which did include standing outside talking to a neighbor for a while, refilled cat food and water and watered the tomatoes. Now I feel like I need a second shower.

The mail included the next three stripes for the Annie's kit, 3 skeins, so....-6.

No scores yet :think ? This week I worked a lot and didn't get much :crocheting done. Yesterday I went to my uncle's memorial. According to their wishes, they mixed my aunt's (she died last year) and uncles ashes together. He was in the Navy in Korea, so he was honored by them with the playing of taps and the flag folding ceremony (lots of tears). I did a little :crocheting last night, but no :yarn used.

WTD: 0   YTD: + 40

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

Hey everyone I've been under the weather caught a spring/summer cold bug that really kicked my butt this past week or so..... I even took a day off from work I just couldn't function anymore.... I even tried making soup and in the process broke my crock pot lid... So I didn't accomplish much this week......

WTD = 0

Edited by Jayashiangel

I ended up ripping out 5 or 6 rows of the baby blanket but used up another skein afterwards, so

WTD +4   YTD -90

Jayashiangel, hope you are feeling better. A cold can be hard to shake off.

Well it's the end of the week and I'm feeling better that's a good sign and I was able to whip out my hook at the end of the week so here's my numbers... I whipped up a couple more of the seat belt covers for my van at work.... As well as another cell phone cover and wallet covered match....

WTD = +6

I was hoping to use up a skein, but it’s been HOT here lately. Not exactly weather conducive to having a heavy afghan in your lap. I’ve been doing smaller projects instead, so:

WTD  +0  YTD  -4

:c9

I missed last week, had computer trouble, so I'll add the +1 to this week. I made 22 of 36 squares needed for the pink/white afghan. I found another skein of white :yarn in my stash, so I only needed to get 1 pink (- 2). I used 2 skeins and rolled 1 skein down (+5).  So, 1 - 2 + 5 = 4 :yay .

WTD: + 4   YTD: + 44

Ellie 13