2022 Stashbusting CAL (CLOSED)

greyhoundgrandma

I got the newest kit for the Annie's stripe afghan....-6. Finished thru stripe 15 and rolled a skein into a ball....+1.  Now ready to work on the one that just came.

I finished another stripe despite having to pull out half a row two times because of flaws in the yarn and rolled a skein into a ball...+1. 

WTD -4

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

Even though it rained yesterday afternoon, it's still :hot. I worked on the Minion and made 4 more baby hats. I used 5 balls (+ 5) :cheer . I'm going to mom & dad's next weekend, so I'll :crocheting more baby hats during the trip. My friend was given a lot of :yarn and offered me some. I took 3 skeins of very old mint green :yarn (- 6) :sigh. The label says Carron DuPont Acrylic, I think Ames or Zayers stores sold it. Both stores have been gone 30+ years. They were dusty/musty, so I put them in knee-hi stockings to wash them, they're in the dryer mow. I hope to use more :yarn before tonight. 

WTD: - 1  YTD: + 57

Ellie 13

• Like 1

Hey everyone... I've been busy with various things once I got back from my vacation.... I have been working on some projects and will in the future get a chance to post what yarn I've used for my stash... Hope all is going well with everyone....

12 hours ago, Jayashiangel said:

Hey everyone... I've been busy with various things once I got back from my vacation.... I have been working on some projects and will in the future get a chance to post what yarn I've used for my stash... Hope all is going well with everyone....

Hanging in there, trying to stay cool around here. Hope you had a great vacation and are getting lots accomplished.

Last week my mom was away, one of my sis stayed with dad, since he can't be alone more than a few hrs. at a time. Last Sat. my bro and his friend went and when mom got home, they had a🍕party. My parents live in a 62+ community, so when anyone goes away for a while, they must test for covid on returning. Mom tested positive, a few days later, my dad and sis tested positive. My bro and his friend are negative so far. One of my other sis and bro-in-law went to Maine to see a daughter and 2 granddaughters and they all (except my bro-in-law) tested positive. I've been feeling :sick and missed 2 days of work. Even though I hadn't had contact with the others, I've been testing just in case (all negative). So, the group trip to visit with the parents is postponed until Sept./Oct., :sigh home alone again. I got to :crocheting a lot this week, I made some more baby hats (sent out 14 yesterday) and made the eyes/goggles for the minion. I used 3 balls, rolled a skein down and gave a skein away (+6) :yay . 

WTD:  + 6   YTD:  + 63

Ellie 13

I’m so sorry, Ellie! I, too will be praying for you. I’ve been having what seem like allergy symptoms, but we did go to the beach recently, and were around a lot of people so I’m hoping it’s really just allergies. 

I STILL didn’t complete a skein yet, despite much crafting. However, I also never got out to the LYS, either, so:

WTD = 0

:manyheart

Pam, hope you're feeling better soon.

I hate being paranoid about every sniffle and sneeze. So far my natural immunity has worked (covid in Dec '20)--knock on wood.

I'm going to church with DS and family this morning. There is a triple baby dedication including their youngest. So I'll go ahead with the scores a little early.

• Like 1

I can't believe how long I have wandered away from this thread, haven't been doing much with yarn since around April,have a ghan started guess waiting for cooler temp to jump back into it

Turns out, I just needed Zyrtec.  I’m doing much better now!  I’ve been working on my little hoodie for Luna and I’ve started a crochet afghan from one of the Herrschners kits I got as a Christmas present.  I had to go to our LYS to pick up another skein for the hood of the hoodie - I ended up having a wonderful time sitting and crafting with people.  So:

WTD = -2

:c9

Every 2-3 days I test, so far negative. I've been taking cold meds and am feeling much better. I finished the minion and made some pocket prayer shawls. My co-worker was thrilled with the minion, and now others want them too. I rolled 2 skeins down and used 4 balls (+ 6) :cheer. I went to Michael's and got buttons, stuffing, 3 skeins :yarn (2 yellow and 1 blue) for 3 more minions (- 6) :( . 

WTD:  0   YTD:  + 63

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

46 minutes ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

WTD scores for the week ending 8/20/22:

Holding steady:

Ellie 13 0

greyhoungrandma 0

Shoot the Moon winner: PBLKNP -2

Oh, no!!! I’ll make a note to do the scores next week! 
🤣🤣🤣

I got the body, shoes and coveralls for the 1st minion done. I used the balls of the yellow, black and blue :yarn left from the 1st minion (+ 3) :yay . I just need to stuff the body and add the legs, arms and eyes. At this rate, I'll have 3 done by late Sept. I got some eggplants from my garden today and dipped them in tempura batter and fried them. Not quite the same as the Chinese restaurant, but O.K. If my tomatoes don't turn red soon, I might try fried green tomatoes.

WTD:  3  YTD:  +66

Ellie 13