greyhoundgrandma

WTD scores for the week ending 7/2/22:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +4

greyhoundgrandma 0

PBLKNP 0

No Shoot the Moon winner this week.

Happy 4th of July weekend to everyone!

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

No skeins used up.  I did finish a pair of knitted socks and I’m working on a hat for our grandchild, so I may use up a skein on that this week.  So:

WTD = 0

:juggle

Sorry I missed last week. I did a lot of :crocheting though. Got all the squares for the toddler afghan done :cheer. I :crocheting 1/2 of them together. If I get it done by Oct. (not Nov.), my friend will think I'm a genius :lol . I used some :yarn, gave some :yarn away and bought some :yarn, so my total is + 1 this week. At least it's positive :yay .

WTD:  + 1   YTD:  + 53

Ellie 13

I thought I better post since I'm not at home to make my usual notes to myself. I made a scarf and used up two skeins...+4. 

I'm at the CGOA conference and got a goodie bag with 3 skeins among other things and was gifted a cute little bag with a skein in it...-8.  So -4 for now.

Another goody bag, so two more skeins to add...-4  = -8

I managed to use up a skein on the little hat I’m making for our grandson Aiden (which isn’t a good thing, as I need more to finish!).  I’m also busily working on a larger-size hoodie, so I may be using up more skeins by next week.  So:

WTD = +2

:clap 

I got gold with + 1 :think, I guess it' the summer slump. It's been :hot the last few days and it's already hot today (75 F at 6:30 AM). I got all the squares :crocheting together but haven't decided on a border yet. Made some progress on the minion. and made a baby hat. Wed. I cut my right middle finger at work. It was a big gash took 5 band-aids to stop the bleeding. It's O.K. now, but with it being wrapped up, I couldn't :crocheting until last night. It's still sore and will most likely be scared. I used 2 balls (+ 2)

WTD: + 2  YTD: + 55

Ellie 13

54 minutes ago, Ellie 13 said:

I got gold with + 1 :think, I guess it' the summer slump. It's been :hot the last few days and it's already hot today (75 F at 6:30 AM). I got all the squares :crocheting together but haven't decided on a border yet. Made some progress on the minion. and made a baby hat. Wed. I cut my right middle finger at work. It was a big gash took 5 band-aids to stop the bleeding. It's O.K. now, but with it being wrapped up, I couldn't :crocheting until last night. It's still sore and will most likely be scared. I used 2 balls (+ 2)

Ellie 13

I’m sorry about your finger! I would have gone to urgent care for something like that. I hope it’s better soon. On another note, you’re making a MINION??? I adore minions! Where did you find the pattern? 

1 hour ago, Ellie 13 said:

Ellie 13

That sounds like a nasty cut! Hope it heals quickly.

I'll be posting the scores probably early afternoon.

I thought I would have some crochet time this week, but it's been catch-up on stuff, mammogram/grocery store and then 4 of the 5 grands here today. Can't believe July is over.

WTD -12     YTD -133

Pam, I saw a few minions, but decided to make my own design. The coveralls were easy, I just altered the pattern I made for my dolls/teddy bears. The body is basically a small "bowl" and then working straight down. I finished the toddle afghan, made 2 more baby hats, and worked on the minion. I used a ball, rolled a skein down and gave a ball to a neighbor (+3) :cheer . The last few days I've been working in my garden. All this :sun has made everything grow crazy. I've picked tons of beans, cucumbers, a few eggplants and peppers. The tomato plants were drooping and breaking branches. So, I cut them back and tied them up again. The rest are turning red now :yay . I took the green tomatoes that fell off and made 11 jars of India Relish (I usually do this in Sept.). There's so much, I'm sharing with everyone in the building.

WTD:  + 3   YTD:  + 58

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

I thought I would have some crochet time this week, but it's been catch-up on stuff, mammogram/grocery store and then 4 of the 5 grands here today. Can't believe July is over.

WTD -12     YTD -133

Oh, my…I had the yearly “squishing” too last week!  I find I’ve been having to do lots of busy things, lately, too.  

I’ve been working on my projects, but didn’t use up a skein, so I have goose eggs for this week.  My YTD total is now finally out of the negatives, though! 😂

WTD = 0

YTD = 0 

:clap

Pam, it actually was not so painful this year. It was a different technician (if that's the word) and they have the 3D machine, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. Congratulations on getting back to 0 on the yearly score!

Ellie, I'm hungry after reading your post!

• Like 1