Boxing Day 2021 (any charity work!)

babypoohsmom

Well, my ipad and I have come to an impasse. We are no longer speaking.  So I (think, hopefully) got it backed up and need to order a new one.  Now I just need to decide which one I want (translation: how much money I want to spend).  

When I try to look at Bailey's blog now, it logs me out of the Ville and into her blog. So I have to got back and log in each time I take a look.  I think it's down to not enough memory for the few things I want open at the same time.  I hope you are all getting fun things done.  I've done a few hockey hats and have been working like crazy on cat beds.  

Hope I can post pics soon!

Well, I did it. I have a new iPad. I actually bought it from a local Mac Media store because our Apple store is still closed. I actually like the Mac Media store because they are very helpful. I took the new one home all hopeful just to return 90 minutes later so they could do the data transfer for me. I really do need to take time to learn new technology. But who has time when there are hats to crochet? Here is the first black variegated hat and his new buddy made with a different brand of yarn and the K hook. 
B01B5463-8525-4112-940C-3B562CB11604.thumb.jpeg.93d65fbd766d45dc390a5a944e5eae33.jpeg

• Like 1

I also recently found this yarn at the dollar store. I have no idea who would seek out three tiny balls of yarn or what I could make with this, but since I was already there getting my dollar stuff, I dropped it in the cart.

6F04B776-F75B-4A57-A944-E4BDA301F789.thumb.jpeg.66ca5b0641fffb54cc012a6620e704bf.jpeg12952EC6-AD6E-48FE-9942-D075775F3A22.thumb.jpeg.017ee51d4290666fb559ab3442642847.jpeg

8 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Well, I did it. I have a new iPad. I actually bought it from a local Mac Media store because our Apple store is still closed. I actually like the Mac Media store because they are very helpful. I took the new one home all hopeful just to return 90 minutes later so they could do the data transfer for me. I really do need to take time to learn new technology. But who has time when there are hats to crochet? Here is the first black variegated hat and his new buddy made with a different brand of yarn and the K hook.

Yay!! :hug:yay I'm so glad you have a new iPad! :manyheart You will be set for a long time now. Data transfer is a real pain, no shame in having someone else do it for you. Your hats look great!

• Haha 1

Hello everyone! I'm popping in here to let you know it is time for the annual NatCroMo Blog Tour celebrating National Crochet Month! This year we are looking for crochet hobbyists – everyday crocheters like you – to participate in the tour! Last year we included a few crochet hobbyists and it was a great hit! Everyone enjoyed it – the participants and our readers. Who better to be on our blog tour than you guys?! Check out the announcement here:

• 2 weeks later...

It’s been quiet around here. Everyone must be busy! I had some red yarn and some fuzzy white yarn from goodwill or something like that and decided to make a “Santa” hat. I mean, it doesn’t scream Christmas but could be a Santa hat. Anyway, it’s a hockey hat. Not too many of them yet this year because the Capitals haven’t been on national television much.  Here it is...

C4FA19AA-AF74-4BDA-88F2-7743249101DE.thumb.jpeg.6dfc4f18c85eb25a5ff776714300142d.jpeg

• Like 1

Also found crochet hooks at a Dollar Tree that I rarely get to but has a huge craft section. I got two of each of these because they are sizes I use a lot. One decided to jump out of the bag so I need to check under the seat. I need to jot down the letter sizes or hang a conversion chart in my craft room. I don’t have the number sizes memorized with their letter counterparts.

7BDA64DA-4DA1-4A64-9584-22BBEDF8C8EC.thumb.jpeg.d79d5db6557adcdfee072eb33e1e250a.jpeg

10 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Also found crochet hooks at a Dollar Tree that I rarely get to but has a huge craft section. I got two of each of these because they are sizes I use a lot. One decided to jump out of the bag so I need to check under the seat. I need to jot down the letter sizes or hang a conversion chart in my craft room. I don’t have the number sizes memorized with their letter counterparts.

7BDA64DA-4DA1-4A64-9584-22BBEDF8C8EC.thumb.jpeg.d79d5db6557adcdfee072eb33e1e250a.jpeg

At least there are extras so when one hides the others hopefully will be handy. Bwg 

I like those cheap plastic pencil boxes they sell during back to school time.  I also bought sewing organizers for the ones I use frequently that allows them to stand up that makes them easier to grab but the cheap ones are really awesome.

I just wanted to share a funny crochet story.  as you know I have  not really crocheted for a couple of years.  Over the last 2 days i made myself another (cotton) hat for summer wear. I had to go to You Tube and watch a Moogly video on reverse sc.  I just plum forgot how to do it.  ain't life grand?  :rofl

crochet-hook-yarn.jpg.6710993c72f92dedb8f9e37728ff7dc2.jpg

• Like 1

So glad to hear that you were able to make yourself a hat! That must feel amazing. I’m sure everyone forgets stitches now and then.  I’m just over the moon that you were able to do some crochet! 
Here is my new hockey hat. Tried a K hook for a large hat. I had this variegated yarn and paired it with blue, grey, black and gold a few years ago. I found the gold and variegated leftovers. Ran out of the gold and did a couple rounds of sc of variegated double stranded at the end.

CE9D0CEA-68C8-4726-8482-D1B2BF03DAB9.thumb.jpeg.ae65bdd3d2b319d4dba3cad15895c8b2.jpeg

• Like 1

You are so welcome... actually - there is more to come.  I hope they all get there.

Re the boy with no shirt:  I was creating a a pattern called Tom and Becky when I could not crochet any longer.  I managed to make  his hat and to start a dress for Becky (the blond doll) before I had to give up.  I lost his shirt when I was making other clothes for him.

• Like 1