Boxing Day 2021 (any charity work!)

babypoohsmom

Owlvamp, how is the one per day going? 
Several years ago I tried to get one hat per week. I did pretty good, skidded and ended up with around 40 instead of 52. 
Seems like one year Darski was doing a hat a day. I remember loving all of the different patterns she posted. 
I have to find the sweet spot between goals and pressure!!

Darski a belated thank you for the box that arrived earlier this week.  I've been forcing myself to do the I MUST DO list instead of wouldn't it be OK to stop and have some fun list but today it was time.

I can't believe you sent the sweater set.  That has been one of my all time favorites of your baby patterns.  The booties did arrive.  They fell off the chair but they will be included in the donation.  They are my all time favorite booties as they actually fit the doll.

Thanks again for your generosity and kindness.  These are going to be some very happy kids this year.

Darski 2021 Donation.jpg.png

Darski 2021a Donation.jpg.png

Darski 2021b Donation.jpg.png

• Like 1

I am so glad the parcel got to you.  Just a note:  The blue and beige blanket and clothing is part of my B & B pattern set and the little bib belongs to that set.  the blankie is the bed part and the bib is the breakfast part.

B & B set.pdf

My conscience is a bit better after I missed the deadline last year.

• Like 1

Woo hoo! Good for you. I fnished one I was working on at work on my breaks last week, brought it home to weave in the ends. I can still probably get one more from the partial spool I was given.

DA10FD11-475B-44A2-AE7F-3A31140104E9.thumb.jpeg.68a87ae24f4fb8d6607d94788d974292.jpeg

The pattern is a sc base and then a new row with one sc followed by a triple. Third row all sc, the 4th row is back to sc, triple, sc triple. Works up easy. And is east to pick and find where you are even if you only have time for a short work break.

Edited by babypoohsmom

21 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Woo hoo! Good for you. I fnished one I was working on at work on my breaks last week, brought it home to weave in the ends. I can still probably get one more from the partial spool I was given.

DA10FD11-475B-44A2-AE7F-3A31140104E9.thumb.jpeg.68a87ae24f4fb8d6607d94788d974292.jpeg

The pattern is a sc base and then a new row with one sc followed by a triple. Third row all sc, the 4th row is back to sc, triple, sc triple. Works up easy. And is east to pick and find where you are even if you only have time for a short work break.

How many chains do you start off with? One of my favorites is sc the dB crochet ch 1 and turn. Then put a single crochet in top of doubles and DC in top singles. Just keep repeating!.

Owlvamp, I start with 28 stitches, then turn and sc, trc, sc, trc....ending on a sc. chain one, turn and sc 27 times. Chain one, turn, sc, trc, sc, trc and end on a sc. 

Does that make sense?

• 3 weeks later...

My camo hat has a big brother now. I like holding variegated yarns with solids to see the different looks they can get. I have some green I am going to try next.  The variegated yarn is Caron brand in the big skein.

3864150F-716E-46B5-B30C-E51BCA9E184C.thumb.jpeg.36fd19ff30dff0d11d58cd2fd291ed92.jpeg

• Like 1

Darski...can you tell me the name of the pattern you wrote that started with a flower and ended up a granny square? I loved that one and can’t find the paper copy.

12 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Darski...can you tell me the name of the pattern you wrote that started with a flower and ended up a granny square? I loved that one and can’t find the paper copy.

it is listed as my daisy ghan in my PDF file.  here ya go.

my daisy ghan.pdf

• Like 1

I just wanted to post these pics.  I can still do doll clothes eventually.  these are for a friend to whom I donated a bunch of my 18"dolls .  I just make a skirt over an elastic waistband and then use my old patterns to make tops.  not quite up to my old standards but I've been assured thatlittle ones don't care LOL

dress05.jpg.69dfaaca60e0a523335a24281b50fcc9.jpgdress06.jpg.3441451b83b389c853454fe1b2f90fc4.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darski said:

I just wanted to post these pics.  I can still do doll clothes eventually.  these are for a friend to whom I donated a bunch of my 18"dolls .  I just make a skirt over an elastic waistband and then use my old patterns to make tops.  not quite up to my old standards but I've been assured thatlittle ones don't care LOL

dress05.jpg.69dfaaca60e0a523335a24281b50fcc9.jpgdress06.jpg.3441451b83b389c853454fe1b2f90fc4.jpg

They look great to me.  It makes me glad that you are still making doll clothes.

Darski, those outfits are adorable. I’m glad you can still get a little done.  My employer has a wellness plan where you can sign up for “steps” competitions and other kinds of healthy things to enter into contests for gift cards and prizes. This month they are awarding points if you participate in your favorite hobby for 10 out of the next 30 days! Done. But I thought of it because I was going to assume that even though you can’t turn out outfits as fast as you used to, you must get great satisfaction from getting something done now and then at your new pace.

And thanks again for the pattern. Last year I made one and then just made a granny square around it and it was a hit at the shelter when I dropped it off (lol, same place that the lady at work didn’t want to bring in my “used” lovies) That is easier for me to tackle than piecing blocks together.  I got some nice colors of worsted yarn at Goodwill this weekend so I am inspired to make more.

• 3 weeks later...

How is everyone doing? I have been bad and just went to Goodwill to “look”. I found this giant spool of cotton yarn in a bag with a regular skein of worsted for $2.49, so yeah, I bought it. 75FE038C-9C6D-4D79-A3CD-E4796211CCE3.thumb.jpeg.fafa48ae9ddec1a38f2ad21039e2af3f.jpeg

30 minutes ago, babypoohsmom said:

How is everyone doing? I have been bad and just went to Goodwill to “look”. I found this giant spool of cotton yarn in a bag with a regular skein of worsted for $2.49, so yeah, I bought it. 75FE038C-9C6D-4D79-A3CD-E4796211CCE3.thumb.jpeg.fafa48ae9ddec1a38f2ad21039e2af3f.jpeg

Well thats an awesome find!

Been struggling with a prayer shawl.  Decided to try a box stitch but cannot keep my edges straight.  Its my tension.  Well first time I am sure I grabbed a smaller hook.  I have frogged enough stitches that would have completed it twice over.  Now I am just doing it in the  granny stripe pattern but in a solid color.

• 3 weeks later...

Hockey cat mat. Still working on some of my gifted yarn mixed with goodwill finds.

My two most recent fosters went to Petsmart for adoption today at 11:00. I got a call that they were adopted together at about 8pm. I’m so happy. I already picked up three more from the intake manager. Smaller and shy, but no worries. They always come around.

The off white is gifted homespun, the red is ancient yarn from TG&Y. The salmon colored yarn came as cast off yarn from the lady I met at Goodwill who wanted to donate cat rugs too. She gave me a few balls of some yarn that looked like it was supposed to be suede but she said her skin went raw every time she used it. I thought she might be exaggerating, but I can confirm that the yarn is definitely hard on the hand. This is pretty and soft and still hasn’t been washed so I’m sure it will get even better.

9F536B85-1B2A-43AB-BAD3-E31440A0CFDA.jpeg

Edited by babypoohsmom

• 3 weeks later...

Denise

great news that they got adopted together,

there is one Michael's brand of varigated that I like to do different solids with it has grey,olive,blue and a rust color, so really lends itself to many combos