CLOSED 2019 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

5 minutes ago, PBLKNP said:

I confess I went to the New England Fiber Festival today up in West Springfield, MA...I got 8 skeins of lovely yarn!  
Incidentally, if anyone is in the area, it’s going to be continuing tomorrow 9 am - 3 pm!

:devil

They're so pretty!

• Like 1

Hi everyone ♡

I was commissioned to make a mer-unicorn for a friend,  so I had to go buy yarn specifically for that project.  3 skeins. I've had to put my Rozetas on the back burner for this project and for a collection of angels for another friend. 

WTD -6

Scores for the week ending 11/2/19:

Gold Medal Winner: TexasPurl +8

Silver Medal Winner: pineknott +6

Bronze Medal Winner: howieann +4

New yarn to play with:

Inkked0317 -6

greyhoundgrandma -8

Shoot the Moon Winner: PBLKNP -16

• Like 1

Sorry I'm running behind this morning. Starting the week off good.

I had a +7 I won't be having much of a score this coming week cause I need to get onto sewing now. I have a few meow crochet projects but they might be on hold a little bit. Time will tell. Don't worry about adding or changing the scores. My fault I'm late.... 

WTD +7 YTD +77

Edited by owlvamp

Didn't post last week, but it was 0 anyway. My wrist hurt so I didn't :crocheting much this week. Thurs. I went Trick-or-Treating. I filled 2 boxes and a grocery bag with stuff for the food pantry, plus I raised $82.28 for Unicef. I did get to :crocheting a little today. I got the parts for 1 turtle done and most of a teddy bear, just need to stuff it and add legs. Still no :yarn used yet.

WTD:  0   YTD:  + 97

Ellie 13

Oh, dear. I was afraid my crazy yarn splurge was going to put me over the edge...it’s all worth it, though!  I’ll make a note to do the totals next week!  😎

• Like 1

I did some :crocheting this week. I finished a teddy bear, started another teddy bear and made parts for another turtle. I used a skein, a ball and rolled a skein down (+ 4) :cheer .  I got ball of yellow from a friend for turkey pins (- 1) :( . I need to assemble the turtles, make at least 12 turkey pins and 1 or 2 hats this weekend. Maybe I'll have more points by Sat. night.

WTD:  + 3   YTD: + 100

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13
  • Like 1

Looks like I’m going to be in the negatives again!  My order from Annie’s Attic just came in. I joined the Striped Crochet monthly club. I got my first shipment for the first three stripes of the Seaside Sampler Afghan.   I’m looking forward to the challenge. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

I thought so, too!  I don’t think these sections are going to take me an entire month to do. I may just do another one at the same time with leftover yarn. That way, I’d end up with two afghans by the end of the year. 

Hi everyone!

This week I made a mer-corn and used 3 skeins on that. I also finished off a skein on the dozen angels I'm working on. My friend who commissioned the mer-corn now wants to more, so I had to buy yarn for those, 2 skeins.  

WTD: +4

YTD: +11

This week I hope to finish this dozen angels and get started on the next pair of mercorns!

20191106_230127.jpg

• Like 2

For the Week Ending on 11/9/2019:

Gold Medal Winner - a TIE!  Ellie 13 +4 and Inkked0317 +4

Silver Medal Winner!  Greyhoundgrandma +3

Holding Steady!

pineknott 0

TexasPurl 0

SHOOT THE MOON - me, AGAIN!!!  PBLKNP -6 :sheepjump

Thanks all! Looks like I'm it again for next week.

• Like 1

It's been a long day! We had to get out in the cold but at least the roads were ok. We just had a little ice on things in the yard and had trouble getting the doors open on the truck. I got a good bit of crocheting done and finished a skein...+2.