Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I haven't been able to get here and post a score, so I'll add it to this week. I'm in Maine (U.S.A.). I got here Sat. and I'll be going home tomorrow. I did a lot of  :crocheting since last Mon. I finished a baby afghan and made 6 preemie hats before I left. On the 3 hour road trip to Maine I made 2 preemie hats and 1 adult hat. Sat. afternoon I went to my grand-niece's 3rd b-day. Sun. my parents and I did some sight seeing, so I :crocheting at  night. Between Sat.night and Sun. night, I made 1 preemie hat and 1 adult hat. So for I used 2 skeins, 3/4 (+/-) of a pounder and most of a 12 oz. skein so I rolled them down (+ 6 :cheer). I didn't buy any :yarn, even though there's a Michael's practically across the street from this hotel :yes . I'll be :crocheting on the 3 hour trip home. I should be able add more points by Sat.

WTD:  + 6   YTD:  + 119

Ellie 13

• Like 1

My Foto Friday effort.  I slipped getting into the tub last week and I'm still feeling like I ran into a bus.  crochet is still rather slow and/or stop and go.

this is part of a pattern I am working on - this is adaptation 1 for the last dress I shared.

lm0004.jpg.8941c237ac6496c002f453fbe44899cd.jpg

what I find interesting is that using the same pattern, the same yarn and the same hooks I get a smaller dress the second time out :think

Edited by darski
  • Like 1

Hi all!

This week I worked on both my CALs...completed Something Magic part 7 and Myriad parts 4, 5, & 6. I finally finished 3 skeins on Magic (+6). Then I decided that I am going to make stuffies in between working on these CALs because now I'm all caught up so I'm probably going to have some down time waiting for the next parts to be released...and I think there's only another week or two for Something Magic...so I printed out a bunch of patterns, organized my stash, saw a 30% off coupon for Michaels and went and got the yarn I needed for my new to-do list! 8 skeins (-16). Today I made a Frankenstein's Monster cuddler and about 90% of a Vampire cuddler. I used a total of 9 balls (+9) on those.

WTD: -1

YTD: +141

I'm wondering if I could pick your collective brains on something though...it's just been announced that my church is holding a craft and vendor fair in late November. I'm thinking it could be fun to do one at some point as a way to reach new customers. is $25 a reasonable fee for a 10 x 10 space including a 6 ft table and 2 chairs? Also, what kinds of items would you suggest I make to bring? I'm thinking Christmas themed cuddlers, maybe some stockings, possibly bring a finished CAL blanket as a backdrop? Would it be strange to have pictures of items I've done to take orders from? Would baby dresses and blankets be good? I honestly have no frame of reference with this, so any info or tips would be hugely appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!:manyheart

Magic.jpg

Frankie.jpg

• Like 1

Hi there. :)  I just noticed Donna's announcement and thought I would post on active threads...

Forum upgrade will start at 8 Eastern time tomorrow morning.  Hope it goes well!

Edited by Skysmom
  • Like 1

Mary, thanks for the heads up about the upgrade. I probably wouldn't have noticed it tonight and then wouldn't have known what was going on tomorrow. LOL

Jessie, I love your Myriad blanket. I've never done a craft show, so I really don't have any good advice. The price sound pretty reasonable. I think Christmas things would be good. I see nothing wrong with pictures of things you would take orders for although people might prefer to see the actual item.

darski, the dress and blanket are both cute! Hope you're feeling better!

Now, I need a weekend to get over the weekend. Hopefully I'll get to bed early.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skysmom said:

Hi there. :)  I just noticed Donna's announcement and thought I would post on active threads...

Forum upgrade will start at 8 Eastern time tomorrow morning.  Hope it goes well!

where is Donna's announcement posted :?  I can't find anything   :think

Hi everyone! I hope you're all well. We're getting ready to get hit with this hurricane on Thursday/Friday.  We're definitely going to get hit pretty hard, but so is the whole state of NC, so I'd rather be home and stranded then somewhere else and stranded.  I'm pretty sure we're going to lose power for an extended period of time, so I'll be posting my score on Wednesday evening just to be safe....unfortunately I've got the shoot the moon for last week and i don't know if I'll have internet to do that.  Just wanted to give everyone the head's up....

Update...our county has been given an official mandatory evacuation order. So, tomorrow morning Hubs, our 4 kids, the eldest's boyfriend, our pup and I are loading up and heading out. I have no idea when I'll be back on, but I know it will probably be around 10 days to 2 weeks before I can get home. If you pray, please say a prayer for NC 💕

48 minutes ago, Inkked0317 said:

Update...our county has been given an official mandatory evacuation order. So, tomorrow morning Hubs, our 4 kids, the eldest's boyfriend, our pup and I are loading up and heading out. I have no idea when I'll be back on, but I know it will probably be around 10 days to 2 weeks before I can get home. If you pray, please say a prayer for NC 💕

Prayers for y'all Jessie. Stay safe! 💖 

6 hours ago, Inkked0317 said:

Hi everyone! I hope you're all well. We're getting ready to get hit with this hurricane on Thursday/Friday.  We're definitely going to get hit pretty hard, but so is the whole state of NC, so I'd rather be home and stranded then somewhere else and stranded.  I'm pretty sure we're going to lose power for an extended period of time, so I'll be posting my score on Wednesday evening just to be safe....unfortunately I've got the shoot the moon for last week and i don't know if I'll have internet to do that.  Just wanted to give everyone the head's up....

I'll post scores for you, Y'all just do what you have to do.