Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

I got a request from my mom for some more Jewish star prayer shawls for a friend. With that, plus hats for charity and trying to keep up with the demand for pumpkin and spider pins, I'm :crocheting every spare moment. With all these projects, I'm using a lot of scrap :yarn . I used a small skein, 2 balls and rolled a skein down (+ 5) :cheer. I didn't have time to go anywhere except work and home, so no new :yarn  this week.

WTD: + 5  YTD: +  128

Ellie 13

Good morning all!!

This week I made 3 more blocks for my crochet themed graph-ghan and started on my banner for it. I used up 2 skeins and 2 balls (+6) and bought 1 skein (-2) for this project.  Unless life gets extremely complicated this week i should get it completed this week & then I'll have a picture to share. 

WTD: +4

YTD: +192

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PBLKNP said:

Here is my kitty Jack helping with the Afghan!

6C9046F8-EB2F-489B-8086-EE63C47EEA02.jpeg

Jack is precious!  Cats are SO "helpful" aren't they???? 😛

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ellie 13 said:

I got a request from my mom for some more Jewish star prayer shawls for a friend. 

WTD: + 5  YTD: +  128

Ellie 13

Do you have a pattern for the Jewish star Prayer shawls?

I'm playing catch up after a long weekend at a state park in AR with very poor wireless and worse cell reception. The weather was awful--cold and rainy, but we had fun visiting with friends and going to an auto museum and fudge shop.

Pam, I love the picture of Jack! He's the same color that our Trip was.

darski, another cute set! That tri stitch looks interesting.

Thanks, Debbie! I played with my yarn just not under a tree. It's beautiful county in the mountains but the weather didn't cooperate. 

Just got GD sent home so I think I'll relax catching up on a tv show and crocheting.

• Like 2

Trip liked to snuggle, too, but she was a yard/shop cat so she didn't get a chance to get involved with my crocheting. Which was a very good thing because she drooled when she was happy and being petted. LOL

• Like 1

Foto Friday:

I'm working on a "Call the Midwife" blankie.  I didn't realize that going to WW yarn and 5.5mm hook would make so much difference to the size of the holes you create.  I'm going to keep going but next time I will make a ch2 gap or even just a ch 1. gap. 

still and all it is pretty.  Have to select a border... it's on my list.  :rofl

midwife1.jpg.cd0a445b5f0f54d9f336642eb25bd429.jpg

• Like 1

On Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 7:31 PM, Avon Lady said:

Do you have a pattern for the Jewish star Prayer shawls?

I made a pattern for a small hexagon. They're called Pocket Prayer Shawls (4 - 5 inches). I could try and make a bigger star/hexagons to sew together to make a regular shawl. I haven't written it down. I'll try to write it out, but it might be at least a medium skill level. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

Not a spectacular week, but I managed to finish off (3) 25g balls of Cebelia Cotton. Then I went to a local re-sale shop that was having a warehouse clearance. She had a small selection of yarn. I bought 2 small skeins of Patons Grace for 50¢ each. The rest wasn't worth increasing my stash. I finished one of the lilies that will be part of my Christmas centerpiece bouquet. 

Have a great week everyone!  

WTD +2

44318054_10157873186278242_6833314326808363008_n.thumb.jpg.f236e0d42a34db237bfc5710853f68b6.jpg

Edited by TexasPurl
  • Like 2

Nice blanket, darski!  That hexagon pattern reminds me of a blanket my mother made--the center flower with the rest of the hexagon plain dc.

Pretty lily, Debbie!

I should have been working on my DIL's Christmas afghan this week, but got sidetracked with the moorland blanket. I'm at the halfway point of it and rolled two skeins into balls---+2.

WTD +2

I don't usually do clothing, but got tempted and ordered three kits this week--2 lacy cardigans and a tunic. I hope I don't regret it. LOL So I'll be back in the negatives next week if I don't get busy with the Christmas blanket which uses fairly small skeins.

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

Hi everyone!! I've been hooking up a storm this week. I finished my ctoxhet themed CAL and used 3 skeins and a ball on that (+7).i started a tester graph pattern and have used up 2 balls on that so far (+2) but i also bought 6 skeins for it (-12). And I'm finally back working on my Myriad CAL that has been feeling unloved the last 2 weeks and finished 2 skeins on that (+4).

WTD:+1

YTD: +193

20181017_153331.jpg

• Like 2

I had no change this week, due to joining all my afghan squares.  What a TEDIOUS process!  Also, I neglected to weave in the ends as I went, so I’m having to do that, too!

WTD = 0

Edited by PBLKNP
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Pam, I always say I'm going to weave in the ends as I go, but somehow I never do. Hope it goes quickly for you.

Jessie, nice blanket!

I just ordered the yarn for two baby blankets. At this rate I'll be lucky to end the year in the positives.

• Like 1

Scores for the week ending 10/20/18:

Gold Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +6

Silver Medal Winner: tie at +2--TexasPurl and greyhoundgrandma

Bronze Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +1

Holding steady:

PBLKNP

darski

Great work: no shoot the moon winner this week!

• Like 1