Closed--2018 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

No movement, but hoping for more when I  do more work on my niece’s Afghan next week.  I’m finishing the tree skirt and trying to figure out how to block acrylic.  It’s not quite lying down flat. 

WTD = 0, YTD = -68

:D

• Like 1

Hi everyone! This week I had a lot of crochet time...but I also had some shopping time and a discovery....

SO....I was asked to make a baby blanket with the baby's name on it last week. I finished that on Wednesday and used up 3 skeins (+6). I finished the Something Magic CAL part 5 and used up 2 skeins (+4). I added a few more rounds to the edges of my Mini Galaxy baby blanket and my As Time Goes On baby blanket but didn't use up anything with those. And I've started working on a new CAL project called Cosmic today! So far, my score was looking good....but then....

Hubs asked me last week what I was getting as rewards for hitting each of my 10% mini goals on my weight loss. I'm currently 4 pounds away from hitting 60% of my doctor's goal for me, so I've already passed 5 mini goals. I hadn't thought about rewarding myself because I'm so focused on following my doctor's rules lol...but Hubs decided for my first mini goal, I should get $5. For the second, $10. And so on...so 5 mini goals left me with $75 to play with...and there was a 30% off any buy online pick up in store order....and so I ordered the yarn for 2 more CAL blankets plus 4 Caron Big Cakes to have fun with....a total of 28 skeins (-56)!! And then today I discovered the two boxes of yarn I THOUGHT I'd mailed out to my niece a few months ago....and I claimed the points for removing this from my stash...she doesn't want it anymore so I've added all 11 skeins and 13 balls (-35) back into my stash.

WTD: -79

YTD: +149

Here are my pictures from this week...the 5th section of the Something Magic CAL, my start on the Cosmic CAL, and the baby blanket I finished this week :manyheart BTW, the CAL patterns can be found on Ravelry in case anyone is interested in them....and the two littles in the first pic are my 2 youngest who insisted they had to "help" me take the perfect picture lol

part5.jpg

Cosmic.jpg

baby blanket.jpg

• Like 1

Darski, I can't imagine how small doll shoes must be!

Pam, do you think washing it would "settle" the yarn and ease it into place?

Jessie, that's quite a week! The ghans all look great and what cute helpers you have.

WTD scores for the week ending 8/25/18:

Gold Medal Winner: darski +2

PBLKNP 0

greyhoundgrandma 0

Ellie 13  0

TexasPurl -4

Shoot the Moon Winner: Inkked0317 -79

Edited by greyhoundgrandma

YTD scores for the end of August:

Gold Medal Winner: greyhoundgrandma +213

Silver Medal Winner: darski +158

Bronze Medal Winner: Inkked0317 +149

Ellie 13 +104

TexasPurl +17

August's Shoot the Moon Winner: PNLKNP -68

I didn't get to post my scores last week, but with the get/use/give I had it was 0 anyway. I just at the knit/crochet group at the library and I left a bag of  :yarn (+ 15 :cheer) , but I took 3 Sugar & Cream cotton skeins (- 6 :() . We talked about how much they did (before I joined) and what charities we make things for starting in Sept. The library is closing in 25 mins. so I have to go now.

WTD: + 9  YTD: + 113

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

I added you to last week's list, Ellie.

I might actually finish a couple of skeins this week. I'm working on the first princess dress blanket. One sleeve left to make and then attaching the sleeves and whipstitching the three skirt sections together. It's gone faster than I thought it might, I guess because it's two strands with a P hook.

The green yarn is in MS but it has a Sept 6 expected delivery date, so I'll be surprised if it makes it here by Friday.

Hope you find something good in the yarn aisle. I can't resist anything on sale, but haven't caught any sales lately.

I finished the parts of the blanket, just need to put it together. Finished two skeins...+4. Luckily I got some of the same color for the second blanket because I had to use new skeins to finish the second sleeve.

Well, I’ve completed the Granny Tree Skirt!  It’s a tad ripple-y, but I’m hoping once I wash and stretch it out a bit, it will look better.  Also, I imagine once it’s around a tree with presents, any ripples won’t be terribly noticable.  The good news is that I have TONS of yarn left over!  I may use it to make an afghan.  However, I really need to get on the stick about continuing wiht my niece’s afghan for Christmas! 

E9A4FBAF-00F0-4BBB-BCF0-60EE02A54C98.jpeg

• Like 1

Pretty, Pam! I like all the colors.

My package of yarn arrived today---18 skeins....-36  =  -30 The bad news is I'm now undecided about whether it's the right green for Christmas--more of a grass green. LOL Decisions, decisions. But I know what I'll do with it if I don't use it for the yule tree throw, so that's good news anyway.

I finished a scarf and rolled a skein into a ball...+1.      -29

• Like 1

Lots of work on the new afghan I’m working on, but not skeins used up yet.  I was sure that I’d use up one crocheting squares on the way down to the beach today, but those Herrschners Worsted 8 skeins are enormous!  

So:

WTD = 0

Hi all!!! My WTD is around-8 but I need to double check my log book for details lol....probably won't get to do that until after church, which is when I'll post the scores for the week as well.  Probably around 1-2 pm EST ♡

Hi everyone!! Ok here is my official score post for myself for the week, and then I'll tally up the group scores :manyheart

This week I did the 6th portion of the Something Magic CAL, I did the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd parts of the Myriad CAL, and I finished the first part of the Cosmic CAL. It's been a CAL kinda week :lol:lol. I used up 2 skeins and a ball (+5). Then....I saw the Farmer's Alminac report about how extremely cold this winter is going to be...and I realized I'm already starting to have issues with being cold (I've lost 80 pounds in the past 4 months and my body is trying to adjust lol)...so I realized I'm going to need sweaters! Remebered that I'd made myself a granny square sweater thing  year ago but have never worn it and decided to fro gthe entire thing so I could use the yarn. I don't remember exactly how many skeins I used, but it came off in a total of 12 balls (-12) so that's how I'm going to count it. 

WTD: -7

YTD: +142

Next week I'll have part 7 of Something Magic, and trying to catch up to the Myraid CAL (next week part 6 gets released). And hopefully I'll be starting on a sweater for myself....the last one I made was a 3X size. This will be an XL!

MagicPt6.jpg

MagicCloseUp.jpg

MyriadPt3.jpg

CosmicPt1.jpg

Edited by Inkked0317
added pictures

On 8/26/2018 at 10:54 AM, darski said:

@ Jessise.. beautiful work and beautiful kids. I see a new crocheter in the pic (((hugs)))

actually both my littles love to play with my cut off tails! and all 4 of my girls teethed on the same set of big acrylic hooks lol. They all grew up seeing Momma play with hooks and string and they've all played with it themselves!

• Like 1

OK here's how we all did this week....I think our LYS are all very happy with us :lol

GOLD  Texas Purl (+2)

HOLDING STEADY  PBLKNP (0)

WENT SHOPPING

darksi (-6)

Inkked0317 (-7)

SHOOT THE MOON greyhoundgrandma (-26)

• Like 1