A Christmas Baby Set

darski

I've started a Christmas Afghan CAL and this is my offering for it. 

This was a lot of fun to make and it's a blankie pattern I like to use - although I change the border to suit me. this was made with Bernat "Premium" yarns and I have to admit that it bothers me that it doesn't hold its shape like my RH yarns do :rofl

post-4896-0-20891100-1443276182_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-46523200-1443276185_thumb.jpg

post-4896-0-06648200-1443276184_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-22197200-1443276180_thumb.jpg

the pattern is the one on the cover.  I have to add that I now love  :heart  my Kindle Fire just because I can have patterns like this on it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've started a Christmas Afghan CAL and this is my offering for it. 

This was a lot of fun to make and it's a blankie pattern I like to use - although I change the border to suit me. this was made with Bernat "Premium" yarns and I have to admit that it bothers me that it doesn't hold its shape like my RH yarns do :rofl

attachicon.gifchr002.jpgattachicon.gifchr004.jpg

attachicon.gifchr003.jpgattachicon.gifchr001.jpg

the pattern is the one on the cover.  I have to add that I now love  :heart  my Kindle Fire just because I can have patterns like this on it.

Oh how CUTE I just love baby sets :) anything for babies....I'll sit and look at baby set patterns all day.

Yep and the Kindle- I downloaded tons of pdf patterns to have on mine, I just realized I could take all my public domain crochet/needlework patterns from books I got off of archive dot org and gutenberg, and all my pdf patterns onto the Kindle. It is easy to just bring it in the sewing room and have them handy. The only thing is I really prefer to have things in print, on paper form most of all, but its nice to be able to just get something off the internet and have it in a portable form.

The Christmas pattern here is really nice, its very attractive looking.

I really like this! I have no little girls in my family just boys.......but this is so pretty... I have a Kindle Fire been in my nightstand a couple of years now. I haven't thought about using it for my crochet.

I really like this! I have no little girls in my family just boys.......but this is so pretty... I have a Kindle Fire been in my nightstand a couple of years now. I haven't thought about using it for my crochet.

You can get some really neat books at a good price from Amazon.  I never got them on my original Kindle but I love them on my Fire.

I crochet baby sets because - I love to make them - and for a friend of mine who goes to lots of baby showers.  And this lets her take a great gift (pardon my blushes) at no cost to herself.  Cost matters in her life.

You know what Darski, I haven't been blessed with any babies in my circle yet - as soon as the X-mas gift making etc is out of the way, that is going to be my next Big Thing- Baby sets and baby things. They are just so adorable and darling, there's gotta be a charity or SOME one or thing that could use them (I just need a lil bit more practice before I try the really hard ones)

Archived