What do you carry your crochet projects in??

Mom 2-4

Those greenmountain bags are really pretty,

I have 2 bags I use, I bought a tote that's big enough to carry 6 balls of yarn on the outside pockets and a very large inside pocket for the project, hooks, scissors, etc......

I also have a craft bag that I made.......I tested a pattern and it is a really nice looking bag here's a picture of it

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/mimi_mia/IMG_0160.jpg

I have several bags and totes for projects, but they seem to always be full. I have one that is always packed with "quickie" projects to grab when I'm heading for the car (when DH is driving, of course). Occasionally I will just grab a plastic grocery bag on my way out the door too. One can never have too many bags or totes in my opinion. Those are lovely, but a little too pricey for me. I'd rather spend the money on the yarn.

I am a collector of cloth tote bags. My most recent WIPs are carried in Crochetville tote bags. You can get them at CafePress.

Zip loc bag, lol. However, I am on the lookout for a not-to-big tote that looks a bit nicer. :P I'm heading off on vacation next week with many hours of plane rides and airport layovers, and would like to carry some things with me but not be weighed down. Something that I could sling over my shoulder would be good. I have a couple which might work, but I'm using them for something else...may have to commandeer them for this trip.

I have tote bags in all sizes, as well as some square containers that I keep at home (I got these at Target, they fold down so they can be stored out of the way. They are the perfect size for holding several skeins of yarn upright). I put a different project in each bag and when I run out of containers, then I know I have to finish a project before I can start another one. :D

The only problem is, I tend to buy more tote bags when I find one I like. :lol

I make totes and yarn carry bags out of scrap yarn....I agree with the person who said you can never have too many bags lol

I have about 5 but there is still yarn and WIP's all over my apartment!

~Chicki

I have been using a back-pack almost all year and it's literally falling apart. The seams are coming undone and the nylon that's over the straps are shredding. I'm hoping the tote I get in the swap will replace this one!!! If it doesn't I'll just have to make one myself!

My back-pack is large enough to hold about 4 skeins of yarn, my hooks, scissors, tape measure and several patterns...

My bag does get a lot of use though.... I take it to and from work every single day so it sees it's share of wear and tear...

Well, I've got several things I use. I always keep a project in my purse (usually a lace project or a small thread project so that it's small). Then I have a couple of tote bags I use when I am going up to my mom's for the day. But they are so large, I don't like to carry them much. So most of the tim, if it's not small enough to fit in the purse, then it doens't travel. I wish I could find an in between bag so that I could carry a smaller purse. But, oh well.... I guess I will just have to make the bag I want....

I have a separate bag for each project since I tend to be a project jumper. Right now I have my FCEC Tote bag, a scrunchy bag, a knitting baby blanket bag, and a Christmas present bag. Depending on how much time I'm going to have or how much concentration I need I grab the bag I want and take it along. I use various size of bags to accomodate the projects. It drives my DH nuts as I am constantly buying new bags AND new yarn. :lol

I have a medium LL Bean tote bag with short handles. It's a little expensive, but I like it because it's stiff, and stands up on its own. It's also attractive, so I can leave it out next to the chair in my bedroom, and it looks good.

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=33381&sc1=Search&feat=sr

You can never have too many bags. I've got a great big one now that I had bought as a beach bag and I didn't like it for the beach. I now use it to carry around my afghan project and a couple of other ones. I just never know how much time I have or if I need something that doesn't need too much concentration. I always keep a bag ready to go.

When my son was sick and I had to take him to the hospital for the flu, I made sure I had a bag packed for myself. Crocheting can take your mind away from the seriousness of a hospital. And I ended up staying overnight with him, and got a lot of work done.

He's fine now, and I learned to always have something packed for emergencies!

Linda:manyheart

I got tired of lugging around plastic grocery bags with my projects in them and recently purchased a very nice Liz Claiborne tote. No zippers, a very powerful magnetic closure, a ton of pockets, holds my mostly finished sweater and 4 skeins of Patons boucle, a few mags and patterns, my needle/hook case and was on sale for less than $20! An afghan would never fit in there but I work on mostly sweaters so it's perfect for my use.

I use a cloth tote that my husband won on a promotion for a new scratch card from Nebraska Lottery! I purchased a canvas pencil case and have my crochet hooks stored in it. But I store my yarns and thread in a large plastic storage container. Certain colors are sorted in plastic bags. But all my books and magazines are in a box. It's fun to go through the box from time to time and review whats in there. The old magazines have more things in them compared to the newer magazines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got a new tote in the mail earlier this week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Designer-Inspd-Canvas-Tote-Shoulder-Messenger-Bag_W0QQitemZ6824639257QQcategoryZ63852QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

The aqua one. It's so wonderful! It's big enough to hold lots, and it's really sturdy! Right now, it's carrying my afghan WIP, my hooks, my notebook, and a couple magazines!

I use varying things. Grocery store plastic bags, totes of varying sizes and shapes, zipper baggies of all sizes and even cosmetic bags, clean and never used of course. Recent projects have been the plastic bags within a larger tote... and extra hooks in a baggie.

Before I started crocheting, I kept getting tote bags--freebies with purchase at the cosmetics counter, free ones for joining book clubs, etc. I mainly stashed them in the back of my closet and forgot about them. THEN...when I began crocheting, they took on a whole new importance <g>. I tend to have one crocheting project and one knitting project going at the same time. As I like to take projects with me to work on at different places (boring long waits at doctors' offices, etc.), I try to store all that's needed in each bag (hooks, tape measure, scissors, safety pins for markers, etc.) so that I can just pick up the bag and go.

I like to collect "souvenir" totes from places I travel to, and I also have "boat-totes" from cruises I've been on (canvas totes with the ship's logo that they give to passengers), and they all make great homes for my WIPs :hook -- and nice memories, too.

I have a pretty tote bag that I had made in a sewing class several years ago. That's what I use for the portable 35 granny squares projects I'm currently working on. However, stuff I'm working on at home usually sits in a large wicker basket. There is one exception. All my baskets are currently 'busy' with WIP's. So, a Christmas 'ghan I'm working on is sitting in a large Cheez-its box (that held 30 snack bags) that I got from the wharehouse store. :eek

Archived