The Faroese Shawl

yarn_monkey

I made this as a prayer shawl for my cousin whose husband passed away recently. The pattern was from Leisure Arts booklet "Make in a Weekend Shawls" and I used RHSS in Turqua. My hands couldn't handle finishing in a weekend, so it took about 4 days! Lol I couldn't get it to lay completely flat on the table and I probably should have blocked it before I sent it, but I was just in a hurry to get it to her.  :)

post-11765-0-91565900-1423617368_thumb.jpg

post-11765-0-96177600-1423617376_thumb.jpg

Very pretty, i am sure she will appreciate it!

I especially like the leaf shapes in the center.

I wonder if it matters that it does not lay flat, since that part just gives it a little extra shoulder shaping, maybe?

Thanks everyone! 

Kathy, that sounds good to me! Lol! 

I wish I had realized that in the picture the model is probably 16 and very small. I didn't really pay attention to her face, just the back and the shawl... I would have tried to make it larger but I really was just over it by the time I got to that last row! The really repetitive projects lose my interest so quickly!

Thanks all! I can't wait until she gets it. She's halfway across the country so I can't physically be there to help. I hope this lets her know that we're with her even considering the distance.  :manyheart

• 3 weeks later...

Archived