Encouragement for Getting Gifts Made in 2015

judianne

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The plum colored hat marks the last of my fundraiser projects...now I'll be taking a break so I can get back to some reading.

post-8552-0-41092300-1426977040_thumb.jpg

thanks everyone!

I used to be afraid to even try any hats after some disasters...

Turned out once I found well written patterns it was nothing to worry about!

thanks everyone!

I used to be afraid to even try any hats after some disasters...

Turned out once I found well written patterns it was nothing to worry about!

What are your favorite patterns? I often have trouble with my hats coming out too big and having to adjust the pattern.

Mona, I'll check my file and get the links for you. The last batch in my picture is a very basic baby beanie and my go-to pattern. By changing the color of the last row it gives it a better look. On the plum one I used a rev sc instead of the regular sc.

And way I "cheat" if I'm still not sure of the hat size is to weave a pretty ribbon through the girls hats so they can be made a bit more snug if needed. They usually arent too far off and I think on one pattern there's a chart that tells you the measurements. If not, I'm sure Google has one. Otherwise I ask the mom to measure the kid's head :lol

Mona,

This is the link for a basic beanie I've made in the past. Also, in her search bar enter: shell stitch beanie for my all time favorite little girl hat.

http://thedaintydaisyblog.blogspot.com/2014/11/basic-hdc-beanie-pattern-i-hook-and-hdc.html

And I just entered a search on Ravelry for crocheted baby beanies and there are at least a couple on the first page that look similar to the ones I posted.

I hope these work out for you!

Thanks for the links, Judy! I had the shell stitch one marked to try--it's really pretty.

You're welcome!

That's the one where I add a flower to it and weave ribbon in - ending up in the middle of the flower.

I thinks that's posted on my blog (in my Siggy line)

Its going to be the game character Kirby. My nephew wanted one he could use as a pillow.

Awesome! I looked at the picture more closely - are you using a tunisian stitch?

Kirby is ready to be an Easter gift for my nephew. He will be an Easter gift because i don't want to wait until his Novemver birthday.

So cute!!

Archived