Encouragement for Getting Gifts Made in 2015

judianne

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love, love, love that pony!!

I decided that for Christmas gifts I am going to pick one thing to make for each of the adults in the family. I decided that for the women I am going to make bulky sleep socks in their favorite color. I am wondering if the men would also like them? The guys are so hard to make things for!!

I love my sleep socks...hubby wouldn't be caught dead with them.

All men are different. He's impossible to gift!

The sleeper socks are a great idea for the women anyway.

This is what I have been working on and now I have to stop gifts to work on the next tote.

I have been going thru some of my patterns and noticed this one.  He looks so cute and springy.  After all he is sitting on a flower, holding a butterfly.

Sunny Baby Bear is made with size 10 thread and a B hook.  He sits 4 1/2 inches tall.

post-105-0-82319100-1426510759_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-12905800-1426510773_thumb.jpg

That bear is so cute, and his flower is beautiful! The hat is cute too; we haven't seen that yet but I've heard good things about it.

My mom likes to make socks for gifts, but she's now got a reputation for giving one sock and then saying "Now give it back, I still have to finish the second one."  :lol

That bear is so cute, and his flower is beautiful! The hat is cute too; we haven't seen that yet but I've heard good things about it.

My mom likes to make socks for gifts, but she's now got a reputation for giving one sock and then saying "Now give it back, I still have to finish the second one."  :lol

I love the part about your Mom.  We always said my Mom would be walking down the aisle behind us still sewing the hem on our dress.  Thanks for making me laugh. :rofl

I love the part about your Mom.  We always said my Mom would be walking down the aisle behind us still sewing the hem on our dress.  Thanks for making me laugh. :rofl

Mary Jo....my mother made my wedding gown and had to farm out the train to our downstairs neighbot the morning of my 11 AM wedding - she hadn't finsihed cutting out around the appliqued lace on the train! It didn't compare to my hair nightmare, so I was in denial by that point...lol!

Thanks, everyone!

I finished one hat yesterday, another blue/white variegated is on my hook (smaller one) and then I make a pink one and wash the batch before giving it to my neighbor.

Havea good day.

I am now into making peeps.  The other day when I finished the tote for April, I wanted to make a peep or 2 to go with it.  So off to the hunt I went.

I found one pattern I bought, but it was a hat.  I am in the process of trying to change it over by using thread.  I also found a free one on Ravelry and I did one in ww yarn and three in thread.  So does anyone want a peep?  No sugar and no calories.

Meet Mrs. Peep and the Peepettes.

post-105-0-63379600-1426878454_thumb.jpg Close ups.

Archived