A Square A Day for October CAL

Kimgoodie

Well, my square making this weekend was a total bust! I've had the yarn for a while to make an afghan where all the squares are different. After I couldn't get the first two to gauge after ripping out and changing hooks, I've decided to forget that afghan and just put the yarn in my general stash. I crochet for relaxation not vexation!

Y'all are posting some great squares!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ratdog, a January group sounds like a good idea. By then we may have lots of leftover yearn to play with!

Mona, maybe you can just do like I am...use the same pattern but change out the color combinations. I'm like you, though. Crochet is supposed to be fun, and if it ever ceases to be fun, it's time to stop.

I've gotten way behind since heading out of state to visit my dad, but I got 17 of owlvamp's amethyst squares done today and will make 7 more tomorrow... maybe we can pretend that catches me up? Lol

I'll be back on regular squares tomorrow once I finish these! I still have 4 more to make for Sheila's (craziebunny) comfortghan so I'll be posting those for sure!

Good morning Ladies

Couldn't get crochetville to work for nothing yesterday.   I felt so alone   lol

Viking runnergirl   Jump right in.  I was wondering when you were coming.   lol

Avonlady  click on more reply options in right bottom corn of post

Ratdog   I am thinking a square a week for Nov/Dec during the holidays with picture posts on Saturday/sunday

yarnmonkey I can't wait to see all the squares for craziebunny

what lovely squares, my oh my, yeah, me too troubles with the ville, but back it's up and running, got tired of that message thing, lol, and felt left out somehow, glad it's fixed!

This is my  Oct 12 and 13th squares, that are on the camera from the other day, then couldn't post yesterday, so count me on the first post as up to 13, and Ill have another one before the end of the day, for today, lol then I am caught up till tomorrow, he he he..These are the mitered box squares, they were fun to make!!

post-40621-0-00996000-1413298682_thumb.jpg

The book in the pic showed a mitered box square, but it was all dc, I altered it to be granny dc's , lol i like the look of them, but one would needs lots of the same  thing, to make a ghan, me thinks, would people use this in their friendship ghans, or not, lemme know, lol  the blue is red heart delft blue, unfortunately for Sandra, ha ha, I don't have any reg. blue. the yellow is Loops and threads, Impeccable. The green is what I had left from making the paddy greens for sandra, and the white, and bright green is red heart.....just sayin! lol

good thru the 13th.

this will make me good thru the sixteenth of Oct, yay, i can have some time now to work on a few other things, Ill snap a photo or two of my texting gloves for the brunch bunch, when I get time.. but for now, my newest squares, the two odd ones, are from a book, can't remember which, probably the one shown in the previous squares pic, the third, is traditional.. They are all 6 inches, and made from red heart yarns!!

post-40621-0-73749200-1413316179_thumb.jpg

Oct. 14, 15, and 16th.

good thru the 16th, Oct. Kim. thanks

I made a square for yesterday (started it Sunday evening, finished it up yesterday) and then couldn't post a picture.  LOL  October 13th is the Feast of the Martyrdom of the Templars so I made a square for my husband.  He says he might frame it and use it when he does Templar rituals... which I think is pretty cool.  Anyhow, here it is!

post-25611-0-62261400-1413335691_thumb.jpg

This is only my 5th square so far, so I need to make 10 if I want to be caught up... the weekends have been busy with weddings and I didn't feel well last week and spent a good deal of time in bed!  :(  Then yesterday my almost-daughter in law stopped by with my god-daughter and I ended up keeping her overnight... needless to say, when the baby's here, I play with her and not the yarn.  LOL

Here's a picture of her and I... :D

post-25611-0-39725600-1413335849_thumb.jpg

I'm loving all the squares, you ladies all do such beautiful work!!  

sopo, that is a varigated, by red heart, called, Ocean.....The blues mesh well with the lavendars, i love that color, lol

Some beautiful squares. Katie, what color is that blue with a bit of purple in it?  :manyheart

lI really like that one too.   I think its both of our favorites

I love all the purples!

And Katy especially the blue and white with the shells.

thank you darling! there are so many lovely squares being shown here, i just love coming here to see them all.

Kim, I'm with Katie and your October 9th square is absolutely my favorite!!  :manyheart

I'm finally posting from a computer and not my phone so i should be able to share some pictures... I got owlvamp's 24 amethyst squares out to her and forgot to take pictures, not that I expect them to count for 1 each day! Lol! Maybe just a day or two  :D And these 4 squares are RHSS in Pale Plum and Amethyst. I don't know why I can't photograph purple well. 

This square is Passion for Purple:

post-11765-0-63274500-1413339928_thumb.jpg

Two basic grannies.. 

post-11765-0-28932700-1413339944_thumb.jpg

And a basic granny with some color changes...

post-11765-0-10178100-1413339960_thumb.jpg

I had a little help with taking pictures of squares... Lol

post-11765-0-62092300-1413339906_thumb.jpg

That should take me to 10 squares... Not too bad anyway  :)

Oh my gosh so many beautiful squares.  You all are doing such a wonderful job.   :cheer  :cheer  :cheer

crabby rat, such a cute god-daughter

yarn_monkey, you're not alone, don't know why but purples always seem to turn out blue in photos

That's Magic, she belongs to my dad and his girlfriend. She loves it when I've got the yarn out! Lol

Purples always turn out better if I don't use the flash, but then you can't hardly see the stitches. Oh well. They may look blue, but at least you can see them!

Oh my gosh so many beautiful squares.  You all are doing such a wonderful job.   :cheer  :cheer  :cheer

crabby rat, such a cute god-daughter

yarn_monkey, you're not alone, don't know why but purples always seem to turn out blue in photos

Thank you Brenda!  I think so, too... but then, I figure I'm biased.  LOL  :wink

Archived