A Square A Day for October CAL

Kimgoodie

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the colors are purple, pink, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.

I figured we can do a regular granny square and do three rows.

i will start working on yellow..

Kimgoodie choose your color and randib82 choose your color and I will post so we all don't do the same. Thank you ladies for helping me..

Just going to do a regular granny square up to three rows.. Thanks heres a picture.. Also she has a king size bed so how many of each do you think we will need?

post-48736-0-32373200-1412645842_thumb.jpg

We spent a tremendous amount of time on the road yesterday, so I did some hooking while riding and finished up four squares that I had started a while ago.  I can still count these, right?   :devil   I also started two more, and once those are done I'll be caught up (well, until tomorrow.  LOL)  I spent most of the day in bed today because I haven't been feeling well so I didn't get the other two done as I thought I might... anyway, here are my first four... 

Number One...

post-25611-0-85956600-1412647568_thumb.jpg

Number Two...

post-25611-0-36595800-1412647578_thumb.jpg

Number Three...

post-25611-0-34083600-1412647588_thumb.jpg

Number Four...

post-25611-0-75909000-1412647597_thumb.jpg

These are just basic "never ending" squares, and I do plan on making some "fancy" squares as life settles down a little.  LOL

I'm loving all the eye candy!!!   :manyheart

So the colors are purple, pink, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.

I figured we can do a regular granny square and do three rows.

i will start working on yellow..

Kimgoodie choose your color and randib82 choose your color and I will post so we all don't do the same. Thank you ladies for helping me..

Just going to do a regular granny square up to three rows.. Thanks heres a picture.. Also she has a king size bed so how many of each do you think we will need?

A King Size mattress is 76 x 80 inches...

My 3-round squares measure about 4 inches... (I use an "I" hook)

You will need about 380 squares (19 x 20) if those measurements are true for you as well.

The picture (which is STUNNING) has 255 squares (15 x 17) so the number of each color square would need to be figured out, too - unless you made the same number as the picture and then just added several rounds of border (you could border in each color as well as black) to make it the right size...

I hope this helps!!!   :manyheart    :ghug    :heart

I used a H hook and its a tad over 3 inches. Three rows.. I started off with chaining 4 made a circle and then chained two (Counts as first double crochet)and double crocheted 2 . chained 2 -3 -double crochets repeat three more times. All the corners I did chain two.

So lets use a H hook and make it 3 inches ( thats 3 rows)....

I used a H hook and its a tad over 3 inches. Three rows.. I started off with chaining 4 made a circle and then chained two (Counts as first double crochet)and double crocheted 2 . chained 2 -3 -double crochets repeat three more times. All the corners I did chain two.

So lets use a H hook and make it 3 inches ( thats 3 rows)....

Three inch squares will require approximately 675 squares for a king-sized afghan (if my math is correct) and it would be about 25 squares on one side and 27 on the other.  You'll need to re-figure the pattern in order to determine the number of each color... :)

Hope this is helpful information!!  :manyheart

There will a black border to is that counting the border?

Here are the colors that will be used in Red Heart Super Saver

Purple---Amethyst

Pink ---Pretty-in-pink

Orange ---Pumpkin

Yellow ---Bright Yellow

Green ---Paddy green

Blue ---Blue

I'm not sure, since I don't know if y'all are doing 3 rounds of the bright color or only 2 rounds and then black for the 3rd round.  In the picture, those squares look like they are two rounds of the bright color and then one of black.  

I don't even know if you're asking me or not - so if I'm jumping in here and should be keeping my mouth shut (well, fingers to themselves I guess, since I'm typing and not actually speaking... :lol ) just tell me to butt out.  :wink

I was just doing the math for a king-sized mattress, and depending on how big the squares are, about how many would be needed... so if you all decide to do 3 rounds of the bright color, and then a round of black, you'd need the final measurement to determine how many squares you'll need all together.  And I love figuring this kind of thing out, so I'm happy to help if you want!!  :hug

I'm not sure, since I don't know if y'all are doing 3 rounds of the bright color or only 2 rounds and then black for the 3rd round.  In the picture, those squares look like they are two rounds of the bright color and then one of black.  

I don't even know if you're asking me or not - so if I'm jumping in here and should be keeping my mouth shut (well, fingers to themselves I guess, since I'm typing and not actually speaking... :lol ) just tell me to butt out.  :wink

I was just doing the math for a king-sized mattress, and depending on how big the squares are, about how many would be needed... so if you all decide to do 3 rounds of the bright color, and then a round of black, you'd need the final measurement to determine how many squares you'll need all together.  And I love figuring this kind of thing out, so I'm happy to help if you want!!  :hug

I'm glad someone likes to figure this out because I'm no good at it..

It will be 3 rounds of the bright then the black.. I'm asking who ever wants to answer. LOL

So with 3 rounds its 3 inches so i'm guessing 4 rounds is around 4 inches. Does that help?

crabby rat will figure out how many we need I believe... So will see what she comes up with... We have 6 colors so hopefully it wont be to bad.. Please weave in the ends too.

Here are the colors that will be used in Red Heart Super Saver

Purple---Amethyst

Pink ---Pretty-in-pink

Orange ---Pumpkin

Yellow ---Bright Yellow

Green ---Paddy green

Blue ---Blue

sandra, i have some of those colors in differing amounts however, I would be able to help doing some of most of those colors, but won't commit to doing all you need of one color, is that is acceptable...

Also, thank you for listing the red heart colors, helps everyone, and do you want your preferences ( on the granny square thread) changed to this size, and those colors, till you get enough? Are you going to keep a running amount for us, so those of us that are might be making some of each color, don't get you too many of one color and not enough of another. Im wondering if it might go faster, if you posted this, from the beginning, on it's own thread, you might get more help that way too...

Are you planning on getting this done before Christmas? Crabby rat is a math whiz, she will get it straightened out Im sure, lol.and doing a new thread, and or spilitting up the colors between more people will help you as well..

So let those of us possibly doing multiple colors  if you ok it, know ok. and certainly if you post in another thread, so we know where to keep up with this one as actually this is an Oct thread, and may not continue past the end of the month, I don't know Kims plans for it. But i certainly think it has enough theme to warrant  it's own thread, and easier for you to keep track of things too, lol, ( and kim as well, probably ) up to you, and Kim,  just my own opinion! lol for what that is worth!

Here's today's square... I had it pinned on Pinterest and it was on a Spanish language website with lots of pretty pictures so that helped a lot! Best I can tell it's called Willow Granny by Jan Eaton. 

post-11765-0-83179700-1412730480_thumb.jpg

I think that gets me to 6 for the month... a little behind, but not too bad! Till this coming week when I get way behind because I'm going out of town. I'm trying!  :D

Archived