A Square A Day for October CAL

Kimgoodie

Kim, that's gorgeous!

I just finished my first square and love the look. I want to make two more, using the other colors I have, and then I'll post!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am red-faced. I think I'm going have to drop out before I even begin. It sounded like a fun and useful CAL, but I just have too many projects already going. Maybe another time.

However, I'll definitely watch the thread to see all the pretty squares you come up with.  Kimgoodie, that's a really nice square you posted. I'm sure I'll find lots of inspiration. 

Kim, I love that square! What size is it? 

Here's my first square... Well, I finished the hooking last night but didn't get the ends in until tonight so I'll pretend that counts!  :)  It's Square 60 from Annie's attic 101 Granny Squares by Darla Sims. It will be going on my comfortghan for craziebunny. 

post-11765-0-95444000-1412208112_thumb.jpg

Its 12 inches....I love yours too. How is her project coming along?

I think its pretty awesome of you to volunteer

Kim, I love that square! What size is it? 

Here's my first square... Well, I finished the hooking last night but didn't get the ends in until tonight so I'll pretend that counts!  :)  It's Square 60 from Annie's attic 101 Granny Squares by Darla Sims. It will be going on my comfortghan for craziebunny. 

attachicon.gif2014-10-01 19.56.29.jpg

I haven't had a chance to make one yet, hope to tomorrow though. My thing is, I can make them but I doubt if they ever get put together for anything, I absolutely hate putting squares together for throws. I'm going to try and find a book with patterns in it to use.

Its 12 inches....I love yours too. How is her project coming along?

I think its pretty awesome of you to volunteer

Just finished another one for it so we're up to 39 for her! I think it'll be a really good sized ghan... I'll probably start putting them all together this weekend.  :)

I haven't had a chance to make one yet, hope to tomorrow though. My thing is, I can make them but I doubt if they ever get put together for anything, I absolutely hate putting squares together for throws. I'm going to try and find a book with patterns in it to use.

Darlene, if you just like to make squares and not join them (I totally understand!! Lol), you should join the Friendship Ghan CAL and become an angel!  :yes

Just finished this one... I had the first 2 rounds done last night but now it's all done and the ends are in! Don't expect this sort of turn out from me every night!  :lol It's Square 79 from the same book. 

post-11765-0-84557900-1412211035_thumb.jpg

Nikki, both of your squares are pretty. I especially like the second one.

No squares for me today. We just got back from taking my son, DIL and their one year old to the airport. There has been no crocheting for a week. But hopefully tomorrow will be a different story even though I have lots of other things to catch up on.

post-8552-0-06342700-1412266449_thumb.jpg

I'm good through day 4...lol! They measure about 8 1/2 inches. The one that looks red is raeally hot pink and all centers have a silver thread running through them. Very festive! The yarn is Red Heart Celebration. I leave the long tails on the white so I can sew them together.

I used the pattern for square 96 from 101 Crochet Squares book by Jean Leinhauser

Just finished another one for it so we're up to 39 for her! I think it'll be a really good sized ghan... I'll probably start putting them all together this weekend.  :)

Darlene, if you just like to make squares and not join them (I totally understand!! Lol), you should join the Friendship Ghan CAL and become an angel!  :yes

Just finished this one... I had the first 2 rounds done last night but now it's all done and the ends are in! Don't expect this sort of turn out from me every night!  :lol It's Square 79 from the same book. 

attachicon.gif2014-10-01 20.44.39.jpg

that sounds like it is a good idea, where do I go to join?

I hope ya'll don't mind me lurking around in here?  I didn't join because I have WAY too many irons in the fire right now but I love looking at all the pretty squares!   There are some really beautiful ones posted here!

WOW LADIES, nice sqaures, Im behind two days already,     sheesh, ok ok, Ill go and download off my camera .. You dont' think I i have been sitting idly by, my hooks at my side collecting dust, now do you,,,,,,one sec, as arnie said, Awl Be bock!!!!

But of course you can darlenecoover.   Most of the squares I am making are to mail off to my friends on that thread.   You will meet a great group of ladies from many states  actually, and several of them are on this thread too.   So make yourself at home on both threads. Katyallen8090 is the moderator of the granny thread, and don't tell her I told you, but she is sweet as peaches.   LOL

here they be, i finsihed them yesterday and today, weaving in ends, (22 ends) to be precise, lol and a final measuring to confirm 12 Inches, lol

These two are made from Kate Jenks free ravelry pattern, listed here,

and with a few alterations on my part, ha ha!! It is my go to square for 12 inchers as it NEVER goes wonky!!

post-40621-0-78743000-1412291697_thumb.jpgpost-40621-0-71001300-1412291719_thumb.jpg

enjoy the eye candy, and ill try to do another for tomorrow......... maybe a couple if they are smaller ones, lol

Archived