A Square A Day for October CAL

Kimgoodie

Are you interested in trying some new technique, or a new pattern. Come join me in A Square A Day Challenge. Dig out all those patterns you have been wanting to try and share some patterns, & eye candy. This challenge will begin October 1-31 giving you a chance to dig out those patterns, and scrap yarns. Post a comment if your IN.

KEEP IN MIND THE ONLY REQUIREMENT FOR THIS CAL IS TO SHARE PICS AND PATTERN LINKS. YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO 31 SQUARES..I PROMISE...

participating

lynnf2012

**a.creative.mrs

howieann

darlenecoover

*************Kimgoodie

dragnlady5

crabby rat

Avon Lady

****judianne

**Randib82

**Greyhoundgrandma

*************Katyallen8090

Ddc

**********Yarn_monkey

**Sopo

********crochetaddict85

For those of you looking for a home for your squares...Katyallen8090 hosts a Friendshipafghan CAL that you are welcome to join.....Search Crochet A Long forum for more details.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds like a good idea, some questions please, lol, I might not use a diff pattern every day, or even every other day, ha ha, and what are we to do with these squares at the end of the month, and is there any particular size we should be doing, and for me, I just wing it most times, I won't want to have to write things down, lol is a pic ok. 

Do whatever pattern, size, color you like. This is just a way to get some squares done, see some you may want to make. I will use some of mine to mail for the friendshipafgan. Share new patterns. Id even be willing if someone has a charity to donate. Let me know

Ok--I'm in!  But, like some of the other gals--I won't promise to make one each day!  I still have that Sampler Afghan in my WIPs!!  Maybe I could do some for it!!!   :P  ;) 

This is a great idea!! I'm like the rest of you....I will try to keep up. I have so many odd bits of yarn all over the place just dying to become a patchwork blanket! Not to mention some I've Lready started that aren't made from odds and ends and are just WIPS!

Ok--I'm in!  But, like some of the other gals--I won't promise to make one each day!  I still have that Sampler Afghan in my WIPs!!  Maybe I could do some for it!!!   :P  ;) 

I'm in. I actually have two afghans in my to-do list that are made of squares, so maybe this will get me started. Not to mention all the great separate patterns around.

I'm in. Im determined to learn no chain foundation stitches and front and back post stitches.

Once you learn the no chain foundation stitches--you'll never go back to the plain chain, unless you just HAVE to!!  I personally had problems learning the no-chain, but I stuck with it, and with some You Tube help finally figured it out!  And I'm SO glad I did!!!

hey all, can't wait to get started on the first!! which coincides as well, with the announcement of Biggest Square on the granny thread, see listing below, (shameful plug, forgive me, lol)  thanks Kim, I love colors, and working with them, but I am not good at writing things down, when i do by chance invent something, lol 

Im uber  excited too, dusting off some old patterns and grabbing some new ones...spent way too much at Joann Fabrics today, making sure I had every color I didnt have before, after all I needed it, right?   lol   .hoping to make this an interesting 31 days......

Oh, I have to pull out my favorite square pattern book! I have so many little balls of color I won't need to raid a real skein of yarn for a while. I just need to decide what color to border them in. I think I'll stick with white so I have options for where the finished ghan will go.

Once you learn the no chain foundation stitches--you'll never go back to the plain chain, unless you just HAVE to!!  I personally had problems learning the no-chain, but I stuck with it, and with some You Tube help finally figured it out!  And I'm SO glad I did!!!

The last time I tried to learn them, I just couldn't get it but I'm going to keep practicing.

Archived