Choker

Michelle Myers

Here's a choker I made following the pattern in the new Interweave Knits Crochet magazine. Has anyone else tried it? It called for hemp, but I used #10 cotton thread, doubled. I have a ton of 10/2 tencel scraps laying around from weaving projects, and I may try making one with that as well. Let me know what you think! Perhaps I'll cross post to the accessories show & tell...

i like this one! i've seen others and wasn't really diggin' them. maybe it has a thing or two to do with the yarn substitution. and i like it much better in black~* good job. it doesn't look bulky around your neck or out of place. (like some of the others i've seen)

Not bulky at all. In fact, it's so light and airy that you forget you have it on. The only problems I have with it are (a) I put the middle motif on slightly askew, so the button in the back isn't centered (I really should stop eyeballing and start measuring) and (b) it's a little loose so the center motif moves around and I have to keep centering it. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to work the clasp in the back so that it's adjustable? The pattern calls for just a button loop and button, but it occurs to me that people have different neck circumferences.

i like this one! i've seen others and wasn't really diggin' them. maybe it has a thing or two to do with the yarn substitution. and i like it much better in black~* good job. it doesn't look bulky around your neck or out of place. (like some of the others i've seen)

Archived