Boxing Day CAL 2014

babypoohsmom

I am sitting home feeling sorry for my stupid self because I have the flu, and then Tam drops in with fresh perspective. Thank you dear. And sorry for all you have to deal with right now.

Oh hon....I'm sorry to hear you're sick! ????

Feel better super fast!

????

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hug to all who are having a tough day.

My afghan project seems to be fighting back, I think it's a hint that I'm supposed to be working on my doll projects.  So I finally got the buttons on the nightgown and one sleeve just about finished.  I'm hoping to have that finished soon so I can move forward.

Tam - what a dreadful time you've had of it. I hope the days ahead are much better for you. 

babypoohsmom - I hope you're better. Flu is not a nice thing. Get well fast.

Krazycrocheter - I usually give my friend three or four at a time. I have had more at once but not often. I think I had six when I dropped them off at the center that helps families. I was glad I could send those in a group all at once. 

I just found a place, actually a branch of Catholic Charities, that collects baby items. Their location would be easy for me to get to, so I thought someday I'll give them a call and see if they would like some blankets. I have some brushed nylon yarn that is super soft and would make nice baby blankets. They give them to women who need help, and ask that when they are finished with items, if they are still in good condition, that they wash and return them for someone else to use. That recycling might extend the life of smaller blankets, and I would like to do some smaller projects. I can also check with them to see if anyone in the organization could use hats and scarves. 

I've done about half a row on my afghan this week. At this rate, finding a place to take lapghans will not be an issue until at last 2019 or so.

Donna, we finish afghans at the same rate.

I had to drag myself out for Gatorade today and hit the Red Box on my way out of the store. My hubby likes the comic book movies so I grabbed The Wolverine. I am feeling a lot better but still had to take cough syrup so we could hear the movie. Seems like the cough is going to be the last thing to go. I saw on the news where one city has had 6 flu deaths in a week. Again, a nice shot of perspective.

What does this have to do with crochet? Well I pulled out my cat mat work bag to keep my fingers busy during the movie and found a finished mat! Woo hoo. So here it is...

post-13802-0-29040100-1389414120_thumb.jpg

I need to update my signature but every time I try to do it from my iPad, it gets messed up.

Donna, we finish afghans at the same rate.

I had to drag myself out for Gatorade today and hit the Red Box on my way out of the store. My hubby likes the comic book movies so I grabbed The Wolverine. I am feeling a lot better but still had to take cough syrup so we could hear the movie. Seems like the cough is going to be the last thing to go. I saw on the news where one city has had 6 flu deaths in a week. Again, a nice shot of perspective.

What does this have to do with crochet? Well I pulled out my cat mat work bag to keep my fingers busy during the movie and found a finished mat! Woo hoo. So here it is...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I need to update my signature but every time I try to do it from my iPad, it gets messed up.

Pretty cat mat. I always love the pictures of your animal projects.

I know what you mean about signature. Whenever I do it on my phone it messes you. Every single time. Can't stand it.

⛅ ~ Good morning........

Hope everyone is ready for a nice weekend!

Today I'm going to get some crocheting done...a few chores done and then we're taking my 15yr old out to dinner for his birthday today! I think he picked Red Lobster ....yum!

I should be working on that second comfort'ghan ....But I have a scarf I must finish first! It's a gift for my niece! :hook. I only have a couple rows left on the 'Ghan ...so I'm not worried about getting it done!

Well.... Off to get a coffee refill!

Catch up more later!

????

So, I did manage to finish up a hat. I think it took me 3 or 4 days, working on it here and there. This is just a dc hat (kid size) with a frilly brim. Nothing fancy but I thought it would be cute in this retro yarn.

post-13802-0-97079300-1389582533_thumb.jpg

Hey, wow, I am soooo slow with technology. I have been wondering how people are "like" ing my posts. I was baffled because I associate that with Facebook. (And I don't have Facebook). I just now noticed a "like this" box in these posts. Please tell me that is rather new.

So, I did manage to finish up a hat. I think it took me 3 or 4 days, working on it here and there. This is just a dc hat (kid size) with a frilly brim. Nothing fancy but I thought it would be cute in this retro yarn.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Too too cute!!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Sooo cute!

Well, I suppose I am old fashioned. I still have pen pals with whom I exchange real mailed letters and send actual thank you notes for gifts, so I would say comments are cool. But the young generation has grown up differently. They acknowledge differently.

I still can't get used to the "back up camera" on my new car. I am not even 50 yet!! Is there hope for me?

So yesterday a friend called me and said that her friend had made 50 crocheted cat mats and was looking for a place to donate them, I dashed over and picked them up. I will try to get a picture of them up tomorrow! The woman was like "eh" these are the scraps from the hats I make for the veterans home. I should have asked her about the hats but I was just dumbfounded that she was so casual about making so many cat items.

I guess I'm part of the cross over generation.  I grew up when there were no home computers and you had to get up to change the channel on your TV, but I do appreciate some of the modern technology.  I love having access to tons of free patterns on the Internet.  I don't know any local crocheters so without the Internet I wouldn't have anyone to chat with about it.  I will admit I used to write more letters, but even in those days, I wrote more than I received.  I get more emails now than I ever got letters.  If it is quick people are more likely to do it.

I have to get pictures up, but I completed the doll nightgown and am trying to put together a Red Riding Hood outfit for the 18" doll using a cape outfit DH bought me for Christmas.

I found a very pretty heather green (RH) yarn in a Kg skein.  it is so pretty   I also saw a

on You tube for this pattern and just had to try it.

This will go to a nursing home for a gentleman.

post-4896-0-36368100-1389732484_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-72844800-1389732485_thumb.jpg

works up quickly and is mindless crochet.

I found a very pretty heather green (RH) yarn in a Kg skein.  it is so pretty :dreaming  I also saw a

on You tube for this pattern and just had to try it.

This will go to a nursing home for a gentleman.

attachicon.gifheather01.jpgattachicon.gifheather02.jpg

works up quickly and is mindless crochet.

Omy ... that is super neat!

great job!!!!

:heart

:mug

:sun  :ccompute  ~ Good Morning all...............

Well... I'm off to my moms today to work out and then visit for a while this morning ... then home to do some chores and crochet crochet and then knit!

I need to snap a picture of the 2nd comfort'ghan I made and show you all.. it came out really nice!

I'm hoping to give the comfort'ghans to the families tomorrow night at the Memorial Fundraiser at the Home Basketball game.

Then I need to work on some chemo caps!  

And fill some orders I have!

Well... off to get a coffee refill :mug....

Check back in later!

i'm side-lined,broke my wrist,not my dominate hand, but my crochet hand :yell  :grumpy

I am so sorry this has happened. :yell  It would just about kill me to be unable to crochet.  I have hit bits where I was not well enough to crochet but it was only a few days.  :hug:ghug

Darski, that lapghan is amazing!! I  think I will have to check that out with my feet propped up after my ankle surgery.
You did a wonderful job.

As for Linda - ooooh noooo! How in the world did you do that? Well, I guess you can't type a big, long story.  I sure you you heal quickly.

Darski, that lapghan is amazing!! I  think I will have to check that out with my feet propped up after my ankle surgery.

You did a wonderful job.

As for Linda - ooooh noooo! How in the world did you do that? Well, I guess you can't type a big, long story.  I sure you you heal quickly.

I tripped on a back-pack type purse, that I actually moved,i thought I put far enough close to the table,as to not trip on it, wel; yep klutzy me, found it,surprized I didn't do both arms and my nose in the way I went down,at least I didn't have two black eyes

yes darski it about kills me, not to be able to crochet,as you can see I can't work the capital shift,hey if I get any checks I can still sign it,lol :lol

:sun

:mug ~ Good Morning ................

Hope all is well with everyone this bright and early morning!

I'm off to my moms again today.... super windy out... so if I can drive with the wind I'll save on gas... LOL>>LOL

I had a good day with my mom yesterday... we exercised... I got her all set up on Pinterest....showed her how to turn her phone into a 'hot spot' so she can surf the net with her tablet .. Anywhere.... crocheted a bit and then home to see my beautiful boys!

Today I'm taking more crocheting over and am going to teach my mom how to make a ruffle scarf from sashay yarn. :hook

you all have a fabulous day!!!!

You are a busy woman Tam!

I had my 8th ankle surgery today and started another Tezzie hat while waiting to go in. I am in a bit more pain than I had hoped but at least I can use both wrists, right Linda? I guess this is the time for you to use your good hand to search the web and load up on new pattern ideas or order some Get Well yarn!! : )

Archived