Boxing Day CAL 2014

babypoohsmom

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had forgotten how boring the diagonal box stitch is! It does make a very attractive blanket though.

I find this interesting.  It is the mindless nature of the c2c that I like.  It is major thinking-time for me. It is also beautiful when it is done. :wlol

Glad to hear all of the updates on your accomplishments. And the "every day" doll clothes are just as cute as the others.

I finally put the brim on this hat that came off the knitting machine. I like the colors.

post-13802-0-53663900-1391657677_thumb.jpg

It is amazing to me how the same yarn can look so different when used in different patterns. I love to see how variegated turns out. In this case, it looks very nice. It is the same yarn I used earlier to make the little hat with the ruffle. Totally different looks...

post-13802-0-46477600-1391757058_thumb.jpgpost-13802-0-23415800-1391757083_thumb.jpg

It is amazing to me how the same yarn can look so different when used in different patterns. I love to see how variegated turns out. In this case, it looks very nice. It is the same yarn I used earlier to make the little hat with the ruffle. Totally different looks...

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

It has a lot to do with the fact that crochet uses yarn 1/3rd more quickly than does knitting. 

Most vari's are designed for knitting so you see the lines . Crochet creates the lovely blotches.

ETA sorry about the yelling.  Didn't check my message .

I find this interesting.  It is the mindless nature of the c2c that I like.  It is major thinking-time for me. It is also beautiful when it is done. :wlol

I am always excited to start them, because they seem to grow so fast. By the time I get to the halfway point, Though, I get bored. I do agree that it makes a beautiful end project, and it certainly is simple. I'm sure I'll use the pattern again.

Hi everyone.  I now have the skirt and the body of the jacket completed on the doll suit.  The suit jacket needs arms and snaps or hooks for closure.  I also have to make a dickey for the shirt portion. 

I started my Crocheville Games challenge project making a coat and think I finally have an understanding of how the body is coming together.  Once again though they want the arms crocheted and sewn on.  I am going to read through it and see if crocheting them from the arm hole will make a significant difference.  Not a huge fan of having to fit the arm into the slot and sewing it in.  I think I'm going to add a muff to this outfit.  I don't know if it will be done by the end of the challenge, but it will make a cute addition.  I have a Fibre craft pattern that I made before that has a cute muff.

Well Darski, now you have me very curious. I am going to have to pay closer attention when I use the same yarn for crocheting vs knitting a hat.

Bailey, it is nice to hear that you are flexing your crochet muscle during the Olympics. I watched a bit of the games tonight while working on cat beds.

Here is my final hat using up all but a tiny bit of the cheap Michael's yarn. I need to see if I can compare knit and crochet for that yarn as it was also variegated.

post-13802-0-87574100-1391924749_thumb.jpg

I just realized that the hat part is knitted and the brim is crocheted. Not as drastic a difference as with the blue and orange yarn, but I do see the difference...

Love the colors!!!

Got the shoulders sewn together and all the loose ends tucked in on the doll coat.  Still need to tackle the arms and trim.  Got the dicky done for the suit, it just needs hooks or snaps.  Finished one suit jacket arm.  Hope to get started on the second one watching the Olympics tonight.

I finally got the 5" Doll Cradle Pics up on my blog.  Moses 5" Cradle Basket

The doll still needs clothes but I'm pretty sure I can get there before the end of November.  Got the arms on the 18" doll suit competed last night and started a 15" baby doll sweater.  I'll need to have a button, snaps, and hook day to finish off some items this week.

I just can't seem to get the ripple magic everyone else does,yrs ago someone worked patiently with me,and she kept shaking her head,she had never seen or couldn't even duplicate what I was doing, the blanket kept growing off the side,instead of being a straight side.

added another three chains,I guess I'll have to wait till they do the strength training exercises,thats in two more weeks-- sigh

Bailey, very nice cradle purse, I have never had luck with them. So I am always envious when I see nice ones.

Linda, my friend at work couldn't do a ripple either. She brought hers to work once for some help, with about 20 rows and it actually had a 90 degree angle at the end. Poor thing. She tried several more times and finally has one one the works that is perfect. Maybe I need to keep trying cradle purses!!

Do your therapists know you crochet? About 6 surgeries ago when I was rehabbing my ankle, I told the therapists that I was a gymnast and about 20 minutes later they were dragging a floor beam out to the gym. They know you will work harder when you can work toward something you want to do.

Hi all,

Here is another hat with the hat done on the knitting machine and the brim crocheted. This is simply soft. Are you guys sick of looking at these yet? They are good for charity. They take about 30-45 minutes to make, so of course that is a plus.

post-13802-0-90678300-1392262978_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Here is another hat with the hat done on the knitting machine and the brim crocheted. This is simply soft. Are you guys sick of looking at these yet? They are good for charity. They take about 30-45 minutes to make, so of course that is a plus.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

How could anyone ever get tired of hats!?! :eek

:rofl  but then I am biased.

Bailey, very nice cradle purse, I have never had luck with them. So I am always envious when I see nice ones.

Linda, my friend at work couldn't do a ripple either. She brought hers to work once for some help, with about 20 rows and it actually had a 90 degree angle at the end. Poor thing. She tried several more times and finally has one one the works that is perfect. Maybe I need to keep trying cradle purses!!

Do your therapists know you crochet? About 6 surgeries ago when I was rehabbing my ankle, I told the therapists that I was a gymnast and about 20 minutes later they were dragging a floor beam out to the gym. They know you will work harder when you can work toward something you want to do.

we are not at the therapy stage yet, not till I go back on the 24th of this month

I must have mentioned it to the hand Doc at least three times,maybe layed it on a little thick,about being one who does charity crochet,who does between 50-100 for the local homeless,and at this time of month I'm usually at 15-20 hats

he said  I could try,still working on that chain,its at 15 chains,every single painful one of them,lol

we are not at the therapy stage yet, not till I go back on the 24th of this month

I must have mentioned it to the hand Doc at least three times,maybe layed it on a little thick,about being one who does charity crochet,who does between 50-100 for the local homeless,and at this time of month I'm usually at 15-20 hats

he said  I could try,still working on that chain,its at 15 chains,every single painful one of them,lol

I am so sorry you have this to deal with.  I think we all know how dependent we are on our hands to keep us felling like we are in the land of the living :wlol

For the first time since early last summer I have been able to design and write a pattern.  it is just for an 11" doll named Patti.  She is a 'character' from something or other.

The outfit is in question unless I donate the doll as well.  But then my patterns are all "charitable".

post-4896-0-85078500-1392327527_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-22312500-1392327529_thumb.jpg

Darski,

I think a lot of times we just take things for granted,at least that's how I felt the first two weeks,I'd try to do something one handed and it just didn't work,finally this week( today marks one month since I fell) I can open (already opened) jars,unless someone really tightly caps them,my hubby hovers trying to help,sometimes too much.I say let me try it on my own first,if it doesn't work I'll call you

For the first time since early last summer I have been able to design and write a pattern.  it is just for an 11" doll named Patti.  She is a 'character' from something or other.

The outfit is in question unless I donate the doll as well.  But then my patterns are all "charitable".

attachicon.gifca01.jpgattachicon.gifca02.jpg

She is adorable!

Darski,

I think a lot of times we just take things for granted,at least that's how I felt the first two weeks,I'd try to do something one handed and it just didn't work,finally this week( today marks one month since I fell) I can open (already opened) jars,unless someone really tightly caps them,my hubby hovers trying to help,sometimes too much.I say let me try it on my own first,if it doesn't work I'll call you

That is the best way to go and hubby goes along with this. :manyheart  Good on you both.  Men like to be helping so it says much that he is willing to watch and see.

Archived