Boxing Day CAL 2014

babypoohsmom

Darski, what an adorable outfit. She reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake from when I was a child. You are amazing the way you make up these patterns and the patterns for the hats too. How long have you been crocheting??

Linda, I am sorry you are still having so much trouble. You know everyone on these boards just feel for you.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are quick to whip up.  I usually do it while watching a movie or something.   Just when I think I can take a break from doing them. I hear about another person who could use one.  Being a stay at home mom, I don't have extra money to help others, but for a few dollars, It takes a little over  one  (7oz) skein of yarn for the main color and for the 2nd color, I just use my left over yarn.  I can whip up a shawl in no time.  It's the least I can do.  I have been thinking of starting a prayer shawl ministry at my church.  My previous church had one and I made some to donate. 

Darski, what an adorable outfit. She reminds me of Strawberry Shortcake from when I was a child. You are amazing the way you make up these patterns and the patterns for the hats too. How long have you been crocheting??

Linda, I am sorry you are still having so much trouble. You know everyone on these boards just feel for you.

I'm starting to be able to do things,I couldn't a week ago,so that's progress

MissyAnn, I am afraid somehow when we have a gift to offer, we find a way to give it. Sadly it seems that we always know of someone who could use our kindness.

I wish nobody would ever have cancer or lose a child or whatever it is that causes them to need a prayer shawl, but at least you know that every time you make just one more, you have lifted a spirit.

Linda, we are all cheering you on!!

Hi everyone. I made another Tezzie hat. This yarn is more of an oatmeal color, not off white, but it looks a bit bland in this picture. I need to try some of the ideas that have been popping up over at Darski's Hatbox CAL, but I just keep doing this one because I have the pattern memorized now. I guess I am too lazy to get a new pattern and pay attention!!

post-13802-0-39625800-1392532186_thumb.jpg

And how about that USA hockey today. Wow, we had to get up at 5am to watch the game, but it didn't disappoint!

We saw the game in replay it was fun.

Finally getting back into crocheting after warming up with some looming to get a hat made for DH after getting over being sick last week.

Finished the arms on a baby doll sweater.  Started the matching hat, but today's focus is buttons and snaps to finish off some outfits.  Then I'll get back to crocheting outfits.  I have a 18" doll coat to finish for the Crochetville Games challenge and then the rest of the set to go with the baby doll sweater.

Hi everyone. I made another Tezzie hat. This yarn is more of an oatmeal color, not off white, but it looks a bit bland in this picture. I need to try some of the ideas that have been popping up over at Darski's Hatbox CAL, but I just keep doing this one because I have the pattern memorized now. I guess I am too lazy to get a new pattern and pay attention!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And how about that USA hockey today. Wow, we had to get up at 5am to watch the game, but it didn't disappoint!

Very nice.

Got my buttons, hooks and snaps done while watching the games yesterday.  Hope to get some pictures taken soon.  Finished the baby doll hat and reworked the booties pattern.  Turns out this baby doll has rather large baby feet.  The first pair I made according to directions does fit the hard bodied doll so it appears I'm starting to build items to donate that doll, too. :lol

Reworking the arms on the coat I'm doing for the Crochet games.  Tried doing as written and it was a terrible fit.  Going back to my tradition of crocheting arms on and adding trim. 

Today I want to finish the coat arms and get started on baby doll pants.

Finally starting to get some pictures taken and posted.

Today I have my Crochetville Games of Ancient Greece Project posted.

American Girl Coat

Finished another sweater and pants set yesterday to go with the hat and scarf.  I realized I only made one mitten so I crocheted the other mitten last night and have to sew it together today.

The games are over, but they were a boost in getting some projects finished.  I have a couple more baby doll outfits finished, finally got the baby bunting done for the 5" doll, and got pictures done for some of the other projects so I can post them.

For the most part I don't notice much of a difference between the dolls.  However, this suit did fit the Springfield doll better than this doll.  I don't know which brand she is, but from all the dressing and undressing I do as I fit the outfits, my poor Springfield doll has seen better days when it comes to pictures.  I think the Springfield has a bit more of a chest.  Since the donation doll will be a Springfield I'm not too concerned.

American Girl Suit

Posted another baby doll project on my blog today.  Working on an 18" doll pattern with a rather large hook.  I can tell I'm crocheting too tightly because I have a very sore pointer finger this morning. :yes   Just not used to big hooks with small projects.

Baby Doll Sweater, Pants, Hat, and Booties

Sweet. :manyheart

Finally got the body of the bear outfit for the 18" doll done.  Cute, but was harder on the fingers than I would have liked.  I am not a huge fan of large hooks and small spaces.  Now I just have to do the bear hat and the finishing details.

Today I posted pictures of the winter clothes I made for the 18" doll.  Wrong yarn colors can move you to some interesting projects.

American Girl Winter Clothes

what wonderful outfits

I'm released from the hand doc,he said I was a fast healer,didn't give me any physical therapy,said to crochet and that the other part will just take time,went two nites without the brace,I think I'll wear it tonite,last nite I kept waking up,and I think its because I kept curling my wrist under my chin,and it sure didn't like that

Archived