Boxing Day CAL 2014

babypoohsmom

You are a busy woman Tam!

I had my 8th ankle surgery today and started another Tezzie hat while waiting to go in. I am in a bit more pain than I had hoped but at least I can use both wrists, right Linda? I guess this is the time for you to use your good hand to search the web and load up on new pattern ideas or order some Get Well yarn!! : )

Omy..... I hope  all went well in surgery for you today!!!

hugs and prayers to you!

:heart

:mug

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surgery went fine. I am in a bit more pain than they promised, but you know how that goes.

I made another Tezzie hat with some mystery yarn and it came out small. So I used the same yarn for my standard hdc, ch1 hat and that came out small too. I guess it was thinner yarn than I thought. These would fit a young teen, but the color is too boring for teens.

I hope I feel well enough to get pictures tomorrow. I also still owe you a picture of the laundry-basket-full-o-cat mats that a wonderful friend of a friend donated to me last week.

I was thinking of trying the Tezzie hat with some variegated Caron yarn. Too busy? Maybe I should save that for the Divine hat I saw over in Darski's Hat Box CAL.

Ok, so here's to waking up tomorrow and being able to put weight on this foot. The crutches are already digging into my arms.

Doc said I could take the splint off and move into the walking boot on Monday after I take the stitches out. I am a little unsure about removing them myself but the doc is over and hours drive one way, so I guess I will figure it out? Anyone got tips on that? I can make some rum available if need be....

.:: Evening everyone................

hope all is well with you all.

Been a bit busy at my house lately!  :whew

Surgery went fine. I am in a bit more pain than they promised, but you know how that goes.
I made another Tezzie hat with some mystery yarn and it came out small. So I used the same yarn for my standard hdc, ch1 hat and that came out small too. I guess it was thinner yarn than I thought. These would fit a young teen, but the color is too boring for teens.
I hope I feel well enough to get pictures tomorrow. I also still owe you a picture of the laundry-basket-full-o-cat mats that a wonderful friend of a friend donated to me last week.
I was thinking of trying the Tezzie hat with some variegated Caron yarn. Too busy? Maybe I should save that for the Divine hat I saw over in Darski's Hat Box CAL.
Ok, so here's to waking up tomorrow and being able to put weight on this foot. The crutches are already digging into my arms.
Doc said I could take the splint off and move into the walking boot on Monday after I take the stitches out. I am a little unsure about removing them myself but the doc is over and hours drive one way, so I guess I will figure it out? Anyone got tips on that? I can make some rum available if need be....

Oh... so glad all went well!  :hug

Here are the cat mats that came from a friend of a friend. There are 46. They are double stranded.
I wonder how long these took her to make.
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Wow!!!! How awesome!!!!

:heart

:mug

I posted my latest finished doll donation outfit on my blog American Girl Pioneer Nightgown.  I have Little Red Riding Hood just about ready to post.  I'm working on an Irish outfit for St. Patrick's Day.  Mom's promised me a knitted heart sweater for Valentine's Day.  That leaves me with holiday outfits for Easter and July 4th.

I'm headed out to AC Moore today.  I had hoped to catch the Springfield dolls not on sale and be able to use my 50% off coupon.  However, I suspect my goal my not be reached as they issued a special holiday coupon for 55% off which almost guarentees the dolls will be on sale.  (The sale price is not as good as the coupon deal.)  I have time.  If not today, I'll find a day where coupon and doll meet at my price before my December deadline.  I like getting the two for one deal.  It stretches my donation dollars.

The colors are beautiful.  I can't imagine making 46 of the same item.  What a great donation.  Glad your surgery went well.  Hope you are feeling better soon.

Here are the cat mats that came from a friend of a friend. There are 46. They are double stranded.
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I got rid of a whole bunch of boxes this weekend.  3 boxes of hats, 1 box of baby sets and a bag of shawls and lapghans for seniors.

I am wondering how y'all keep track of your stuff for this CAL?  I considered warming up my Excell program but it seemed a lot of bother just now.  Could be worth it after 12  months of stuff though :rofl

So happy surgery went well. Hope your recovery is fast, and minimaly painful. Praying for you. Hope all works out with your hats as well.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Such pretty cat mats. It probably took her some time to make that many. If she's anything like me she made a bunch and got tired of it and done other stuff then came back and made more. That was so sweet of her however she did it.

I posted my latest finished doll donation outfit on my blog American Girl Pioneer Nightgown.  I have Little Red Riding Hood just about ready to post.  I'm working on an Irish outfit for St. Patrick's Day.  Mom's promised me a knitted heart sweater for Valentine's Day.  That leaves me with holiday outfits for Easter and July 4th.

I'm headed out to AC Moore today.  I had hoped to catch the Springfield dolls not on sale and be able to use my 50% off coupon.  However, I suspect my goal my not be reached as they issued a special holiday coupon for 55% off which almost guarentees the dolls will be on sale.  (The sale price is not as good as the coupon deal.)  I have time.  If not today, I'll find a day where coupon and doll meet at my price before my December deadline.  I like getting the two for one deal.  It stretches my donation dollars.

Very nice nightgown. I think what your doing is awesome. Can't wait to see your other works. Reminds me of my granny (great-grandma) she crocheted clothing for barbies.

I got rid of a whole bunch of boxes this weekend.  3 boxes of hats, 1 box of baby sets and a bag of shawls and lapghans for seniors.

I am wondering how y'all keep track of your stuff for this CAL?  I considered warming up my Excell program but it seemed a lot of bother just now.  Could be worth it after 12  months of stuff though :rofl

Way to go girl!!! You rocking the donations! The way I keep up with stuff is this...

1. Think of what I'm gonna make to donate.

2. Then I write it in signature.

3. Then everytime I make some, I add it to my signature.

4. If I have a finished number in mind I write that and just keep adding to it. example: hats 0/50 and add to one side till it is 50 or 35 or whatever your number is.

Way to go girl!!! You rocking the donations! The way I keep up with stuff is this...

1. Think of what I'm gonna make to donate.

2. Then I write it in signature.

3. Then everytime I make some, I add it to my signature.

4. If I have a finished number in mind I write that and just keep adding to it. example: hats 0/50 and add to one side till it is 50 or 35 or whatever your number is.

I think that may be the best idea... keep it all in one place.  I'll try that.  I think I will keep a piece of paper at hand to just jot down stuff and post that once a week.

Cute doll outfit Bailey. Seems like a fun way to stay busy and keep the charity items coming.
Darski, seems like a bittersweet goodbye when you send your beautiful items away, doesn't it? I also keep track in my signature like Krazy does, but I don't set a goal. When I post a picture, I usually update my signature, except when I am on my iPad because it eats my signature for some reason.
These are the two hats I made with mystery yarn. Both are very small even though they are made with the same hook as all of my other hats. One is a Tezzie and the other is just a mesh beanie.
post-13802-0-11377500-1390248609_thumb.jpgpost-13802-0-59677000-1390248634_thumb.jpg

Well as I predicted when they have the huge 55% coupon the dolls go on sale for less than the regular 40% off coupon.  So, I'll wait.  I did get a couple of pairs of shoes for the dolls and some yarn to keep the projects going.  I was suprised at how busy it was.  Lots of people stocking up on craft projects today. 

I get that same luck when I need a pricey skein of yarn. I grab my 40% off with visions of Boutique Changes in my head and arrive to find "all yarn" 25% off. Boo. I wait most times. I live very close to Joann's and Michaels so it's not a big deal to stop in another day.

Hope you get better luck next time.

Got some stuff done today but no photos yet because ends need to be tucked. Tomorrow is my last day of pain-med-happiness as they are expecting me back to work on Wednesday. I guess I gotta earn that yarn money.

: ) Denise

attachicon.gif0119142335.jpg

I latest square I made. Its RHSS Aran Fleck. Sorry such a dark picture. I just really want to get a pic. and didn't want to wait.

I remember that yarn.  I loved it but haven't seen it offered for years.

and :ty for you kind words all.

You're a bit like me Krazy. When I get something done, I want to get a picture before I forget, no matter what the lighting. Nice pile of squares you are getting.

I have to go back to work tomorrow, bad foot and all, so I am sure my accomplishments will be coming much less frequently now.

I did get one nice hat done on my addi machine while I could stand for a bit yesterday. No skips or anything. Yay! Picture, picture, guess what I forgot to do?

I remember that yarn.  I loved it but haven't seen it offered for years.

and :ty for you kind words all.

I got it at Hobby Lobby, last Saturday. It was the first time I had ever noticed it. They had all kinds of different colors of fleck yarn. I'm gonna have to go back and get some more in different colors.

Archived