Boxing Day CAL 2014

babypoohsmom

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi ladies, I have been locked out of the vile for a week and a half. Amy had to do some finagling to bring me back. Evidently the site host decided that I was a spammer.

I can't really catch up, but I skimmed through and some some really great projects. Several hats, a lovely lap ghan,moll clothes and a giant stack of cat pads. Probably more stuff too, but I have forgotten.

I finished a knit scarf and hat recently and am almost done with a baby blanket.

Hi ladies, I have been locked out of the vile for a week and a half. Amy had to do some finagling to bring me back. Evidently the site host decided that I was a spammer.

I can't really catch up, but I skimmed through and some some really great projects. Several hats, a lovely lap ghan,moll clothes and a giant stack of cat pads. Probably more stuff too, but I have forgotten.

I finished a knit scarf and hat recently and am almost done with a baby blanket.

So sorry you were locked out. Glad to have you back.

Glad you got back in. 

Hope to catch up with pictures next week.  I finished my St. Patick's day outfit for the 18" doll, along with the pants and sweater set I wanted to complete.  Also got a simple sundress done for the 15" baby doll.  Almost have the bumper set done for the 5" doll cradle set.  I have the skirt on a business suit almost completed for the 18" doll so I'd like to get that outfit done before the Crochetville Olympic challenge starts.

That happened to me a while back - it took some doing and some time to get it right.

I'm still slogging away.  I am working on pocketbook slippers for a seniors residence this week.

Oh Gardner, don't you just "love" technology some days? Grr.

Bailey you have been busy. A little here a little there and eventually your dolls will be fully dressed.

Sorry you are still on the sideline Linda.

Anyone watching the Super Bowl today? I can relax and watch because I don't have a dog in the fight. Just hope it's a good, close game. Blow out are boring.

????

☕~ Evening everyone .......

Hope you are all well!

I made this hat today ... And have decided that I'm going to make more in several different sizes for the Cancer Center!

~ TrèsChic Hat~

Size 6-12mo.

post-18634-0-47573200-1391394920_thumb.jpg

????

Finished the bumper and the blanket and got it all assembled so the 5" doll cradle is complete.  I just need to make some baby clothes for the doll.

I made a an 18" doll scarf during the super bowl as I wanted something I didn't have focus too much on counting during the game.  It took me forever to sew in all the ends from the color changes, but I like the way it came out. 

Tam, is that a free pattern? Do you have a link? It is absolutely lovely.

Bailey, did you enjoy the game? What a disappointment. I asked for a good, close game and look what we got. Good thing the kitten bowl and the puppy bowl were on too.

Seeing Manning get walloped was fun.  Didn't need it to be close.

I finally got one picture up and posted on my blog.  Today we have the American Girl Emerald Isle

Didn't work out quite as well as I hoped for my St. Patrick's day outfit, but it did make me work on my skills to work my way through it.

That is so cute.  I remember when I was working on my "Top 'O the Morning" outfit last year that it was a challenge.  I am very pleased with it but it took some doing to get that cute factor.

Thanks for letting me know about this one.  I seemed to have missed it when you posted it last year.  I have it printed now. :)

That is so cute.  I remember when I was working on my "Top 'O the Morning" outfit last year that it was a challenge.  I am very pleased with it but it took some doing to get that cute factor.

back from Ortho,I'm now in a Velcro brace,finally no digging from fiberglass splints

He said I could do things in moderation,drive,shower,and that I'll know if its too much or not.still no heavy lifting

I go back in 3 wks and start therapy

I tried hook and yarn,who knew getting two chains on a hook would be a chore!!

I like the outfit Bailey. I was never any good at small things like that. My great aunt made my Barbie some colonial clothing and an American flag when I had to write about the first American flag in the 2nd or 3rd grade. I still have them and they still amaze me. Anyway, yours is very cute. And it looks challenging to make.

Linda, sorry to hear that "chain two" is just too much for you right now. It must be tough to stare at your yarn and see the hat you want to make in your mind. But take it from the girl who has had 8 ankle surgeries. You can't rush and you can't cheat. Your body knows.

Also got another Tezzie hat done. I can make them without looking at the pattern now. This one is made from a slightly thinner yarn, so it is a bit smaller. I am working on an oatmeal colored one now that is going to be gorgeous.

post-13802-0-06006200-1391452977_thumb.jpg

Barbie's are tough because she is so small.  My nieces have outgrown that stage and I've been too busy with the 18" and the baby dolls to put any effort into returning to making the Barbie clothes.  I have a couple of dolls that I picked up on clearance, so I know I'll get there at some point. :)

I like the outfit Bailey. I was never any good at small things like that. My great aunt made my Barbie some colonial clothing and an American flag when I had to write about the first American flag in the 2nd or 3rd grade. I still have them and they still amaze me. Anyway, yours is very cute. And it looks challenging to make.

Linda, sorry to hear that "chain two" is just too much for you right now. It must be tough to stare at your yarn and see the hat you want to make in your mind. But take it from the girl who has had 8 ankle surgeries. You can't rush and you can't cheat. Your body knows.

Tam, is that a free pattern? Do you have a link? It is absolutely lovely.

Bailey, did you enjoy the game? What a disappointment. I asked for a good, close game and look what we got. Good thing the kitten bowl and the puppy bowl were on too.

Thank you sweetie! No it's not free....but can be found here...

TrèsChic Hat~ http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tres-chic

Beautiful!

Thank you my dear! ????

Also got another Tezzie hat done. I can make them without looking at the pattern now. This one is made from a slightly thinner yarn, so it is a bit smaller. I am working on an oatmeal colored one now that is going to be gorgeous.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Too too cute!!

????

The baby doll dress picture is finally up and posted.

15" Baby Doll with Sundress

I read your blog post and I agree about the cloth body dolls.  I agree that they are 'warmer' for the little ones to hold but I have a 21" MM doll that has arms that are so fat it is almost impossible to dress the doll in a pleasing sleeve pattern.  I suppose that is why God invented Puff Sleeves". :wlol

Your sun-shiney sundress is so sweet.

Posted another pic last night.  I like doing the holiday and the fun outfits, but every doll needs some basics.

American Girl Mock Turtleneck Sweater and Pants

I can't believe they want you to sew in sleeves.  I once started a post here about the fact that with crochet we don't need to sew much of anything.  I do hate sleeves but at least i don't have to sew them in. :rofl

I found a cute doll yesterday that may just inspire me to design something. :heart

Archived