Why are you thankful for Crochetville?

Since Thanksgiving just happened in the US, i thought it might be appropriate to talk about the reasons we are all thankful for Crochetville.  Hopefully Ville denizens from outside the US will want to talk about this also  :lol

I am thankful for Crochetville because it is a great place to converse about crochet, to ask and answer questions, to get opinions and ideas.  It is a great place to see others' creations and get inspired by them.  I am thankful for the good and consistent moderation, and the clear guidelines, that are provided by Amy and Donna.  

Well, i won't ramble on, but will stop and ask, what are the reasons you are thankful forCrochetville?  

I'm thankful for Crochetville because it's given me the opportunity to get to know so many awesome crocheters from all around the world.

I'm thankful for everyone who chooses to visit and participate on this site. You all make Crochetville a fabulous place to be!

I'm thankful for magiccrochetfan for starting this thread!

Ditto.  This is such a friendly place to "meet" fellow crocheters.  This really is a village, like sitting on a virtual front porch where only crocheters stroll by.  :lol  I enjoy giving a hand to struggling newbies but have also learned a lot of nifty tricks here that I never would have on my own.

I'm thankful for a community that is supporting and caring.  I haven't found a local crochet group and since my Aunt passed I don't know anyone who crochets on more than a very rare basis.  While knitters get the general idea of the yarn craft, it isn't the same as sharing the joy of a shared craft.

While I'd still love to have a local crochet group I can't ask for a more caring and supportive online group.

I'm fairly new here. One of the reasons I joined is the attractive site design, so I'm thankful the person in charge of that has some taste.

The people are really friendly, really thankful for that. Not many pockets on the internet like that.

And there is respect to copyright. That's really nice.

I"m thankful for the Ville for all the reasons stated above - but most of all for the support everyone has offered me by donating afghans to the NICU that saved my son.  It means the world to me to be able to give back to the hospital, and the impact of the donation is 1000 times bigger than what I could ever do alone.

This is just the most touching, heart-warming thread. I love knowing that you all have found so much here that is deeply meaningful to you.

Donna and I are so very thankful for all the members and site visitors that make Crochetville such a wonderful little crochet oasis on the internet.

I am thankful for the friendly and helpful crocheters here who will go out of their way to make people feel welcome and cared about.

I once requested to be a recipient of the handmade crocheted rosaries that were being offered to us and not only was I sent the one that I had asked for to keep in my moms' room in the Alzheimers wing in the facility where she resided but I was surprised to find an extra one for me which is something I treasure since it was unexpected. When I finally buried my moms' ashes in the cemetery in the plot next to my dad, her handmade rosary that hung in her room was placed in with the other personal mementoes.

To receive that unexpected gift just shows how caring Crochetvillers are and I thank you.

LI Roe

I am thankful for having a site that is crochet.  I am thankful for all the wonderful people, although I have not met a single person in person, some of my best friends are right here.  No matter how bad your day is someone is always here to listen and cheer you up.   I have been a recipient of some of the most generous, and talented people. I love how the site is monitored and if you have a problem with someone there is Donna or Amy to write to for help.  I am thankful I found Crochetville.

Wow!  You guys have really said it all !!  What else can I add?  I feel every word that has been written in this thread, and more!  We are really a fortunate group, aren't we?  God bless you all!

I am thankful for all the wonderful people that are beyond helpful and friendly.  

I am thankful for becoming a "bag lady" 

I am thankful that I found a place where I could "de-stash" and know that whatever I offered was going to a good home. :yes

I am very thankful for Amy and Donna for starting this wonderful site where crochet friends can meet every day.

I am thankful that I found this place back in 05.  I was new to the craft and was looking for some fellow crocheters.

I know when I am feeling down, I have a place to come to and get a good laugh.

I am thankful that we have such warm and generous people.  I love reading the wish list thank you's and seeing all everyone gets.

I am thankful for all the modirators that keep this a happy place.

I have said it many times, but to me this is the happiest place on earth.

I just saw this thread :)

I joined back in 2005 because I needed advice on a project, and if I remember correctly, it was RoseRed, who helped me out considerably on this project. Had she not encouraged me, I probably would never have finished that project.  Magiccrochetfan also helps many members on a regular basis when they are stuck if she can.

I am thankful for  the  "Ville where I find everyone here to be informative, helpful, and friendly. I am thankful for the super administrators. Once in a while, Amy and Donna, have to step in if there is something posted that doesn't abide by the rules of the forum.  I am thankful for them monitoring this site, in this way-  to keep it a place where only lighthearted conversations take place.

As frustrating as the changeover of the website has been to many, I am thankful that this site has flourished over the years, with many new members joining everyday, making this change a necessary one. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived