2013 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

I wish my husband would so in some ends. Or even take notice of my crochet. He tends to ignore it and call it knitting. :reyes

That sounds familiar. I think mine's finally learned that it's crochet!

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished the baby ripple I was working on. So now the two blankets for my 2nd grandson are ready for his arrival--he's due Mar 14th..

This morning I started a baby blanket for my co-worker- her shower is the 29th- she's having a girl and I'm making the Tiramasu blanket

I am interested to see the Tiramisu blanket. I love the look of that pattern, but have not made one yet. Love the colors in the ripple too!

great work ladies

LadiBug329 we need to clone your hubby :devil

I've been busy

first a "wonky Square afghan  ( free bernat pattern)

post-13221-0-39423000-1362691554_thumb.jpgpost-13221-0-85481000-1362691576_thumb.jpg

then 3 baby blankets

post-13221-0-03236300-1362691620_thumb.jpgpost-13221-0-60543700-1362691638_thumb.jpgpost-13221-0-53906500-1362691656_thumb.jpg

baby blankets to the Pine Ridge OB unit

I think I will send the wonky square and a couple of other lager 'ghans to the Night Night Project!

now I have two half done shawls to finish before I get back to some planned afghans :2spin

I am still diligently working on this afghan.. I have no orders or requests right now so I am going to get this done this weekend!! 

The picture was taken at about 3 skeins in (you can see the remainder of the 3rd skein on the floor by the couch) that is now gone - and I'm on the 4th now. I get so bored with doing afghans of the same color with no color changes but this is what the lady gave me! 

I believe I've decided I'm going to do a rsc (crab stitch) border - again - same color.

post-46820-0-37111000-1362696763_thumb.jpg

great work ladies

I've been busy

attachicon.gifpictures 251.jpgattachicon.gifpictures 250.jpg

then 3 baby blankets

attachicon.gifpictures 253.jpgattachicon.gifpictures 254.jpgattachicon.gifpictures 255.jpg

I think I will send the wonky square and a couple of other lager 'ghans to the Night Night Project!

now I have two half done shawls to finish before I get back to some planned afghans :2spin

Those look great.

great work ladies

I've been busy

then 3 baby blankets

attachicon.gifpictures 253.jpgattachicon.gifpictures 254.jpgattachicon.gifpictures 255.jpg

These all look wonderful!! Love that wonky square one!!

Lynn...they all look great....i especially like the wonky square one!

Jessica...your is looking good too...but i am the same wY...need color or stitch changes to keep my interest to get it done. And sometimes thT doesnt work either!

I'm gettin a long pretty good on kaits black and red ripple....put it on a brief pause bc i needed more white....got that yesterday. Meanwhile I pulled angels out and I just didn't like it....so I frogged most of it and completely started over. I'm now using patrons stained glass pattern which is basically a rectangle granny square. The center is a strand of multi purples w aqua and black mixed in and 1 strand of white baby yarn...needed 2 strands tobe close to the weight of the remaining colors. I'm doing 3 shades of purple, aqua, and black as the other colors. It looks good so far.

great work ladies

I've been busy

then 3 baby blankets

Wow- what lovely blankets!!! Great work!!

I am still diligently working on this afghan.. I have no orders or requests right now so I am going to get this done this weekend!! 

The picture was taken at about 3 skeins in (you can see the remainder of the 3rd skein on the floor by the couch) that is now gone - and I'm on the 4th now. I get so bored with doing afghans of the same color with no color changes but this is what the lady gave me! 

I believe I've decided I'm going to do a rsc (crab stitch) border - again - same color.

attachicon.gifDSCN0687.JPG

Looking good!! I'm feeling the same way about the Tiramasu blanket- although I'm using two strands of DK weight yarn held together- and one is solid color and the other a variegated--I'll be glad when it's done. With that being said, time to go pick up the hook!

great work ladies

I've been busy

first a "wonky Square afghan ( free bernat pattern)

attachicon.gifhttp://www.crochetville.com/community/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=63437]pictures 251.jpg[/url]attachicon.gifhttp://www.crochetville.com/community/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=63438]pictures 250.jpg[/url]

then 3 baby blankets

attachicon.gifhttp://www.crochetville.com/community/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=63439]pictures 253.jpg[/url]attachicon.gifhttp://www.crochetville.com/community/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=63440]pictures 254.jpg[/url]attachicon.gifhttp://www.crochetville.com/community/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=63441]pictures 255.jpg[/url]

These all look great! That wonky square is interesting looking. I don't recall seeing that one before. Actually, I've made quite a number of wonky squares, they just weren't planned!

attachicon.gifhttp://www.crochetville.com/community/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=63443]DSCN0687.JPG[/url]

It's coming along very well, and is going to be a very attractive afghan. I like the yarn your customer picked, neutral, but not boring. I also find one color afghans a bit tedious, but they are often very effective when finished.

So right now I have three afghans that I can think of that are in progress, two of which have been in progress FOR YEARS (one of those was supposed to be a gift!), and one car blanket that I also started years ago and haven't finished yet, so what did I do tonight? That's right, I started A NEW ONE! Because that's how I roll. And I've always wanted to try a really big granny square project and a rainbow project, and as I've been working on friendship-ghan squares I realised whoa, I've got lots of rainbow yarn scraps now, and when I use these up I can just GET MORE, I should totally do this thing, two birds with one stone, sort of deal.

We shall see how many years this one takes. ;)

I finished the Tiramasu blanket which is on the small side- more of a stroller sized or car seat sized iMO. Started a RR last night to give along with it. Will take pictures when I finish the RR....

That variegated looks great in that pattern, Shining Star!

I've done six colors on my mega-granny rainbow so far, though for the first two I only did one row of each color because it wasn't until I'd started color 4 that I realised it would do better with two rows of each. I could undo what I'd done on color four and add a second row of color 3, but since I'd already woven in all the ends (figures this would be the blanket where I start weaving in as I go!) I couldn't add more of 1 and 2 without a lot of work and/or cutting things, so I just left them as is. I'll try to get an in-progress picture up sometime in the next few days! :D

Finally got a picture of the pink camo & white RR I made for my friends mom to give to her at her baby shower :) LOVE how it turned out - I think the white really pops!

post-46820-0-72228400-1364055161_thumb.jpg

Archived