2013 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

Back in January I posted - "yeah, me too, go, go, go!" Sort of. And immediately went awol. I churned out so much crocheting last year I was suddenly just completely burned out, so I've taken a nice long vacation. I said I had two started. If I remember, I finished one and frogged the one I had just begun. 

I took up crocheting again a couple of weeks ago. I have a scrap granny in progress that I hope won't take too long to finish, and a 14 point round ripple that's maybe 1/3-1/2 finished. And, of course, dozens in mind that I want to do.

So here I am, back again. I hope I'll have something to post soon. I brought the squares to work with me since I have plenty of downtime I can use. I have two rows of it completed and sewn together, and the remaining squares are done except for the final round of black. So I'm nearing the end on that one.

I make all lapghans, all donated to a local hospital for their hospice or abused children's center. This year though I intend to make one for myself as well. After a lifetime of crocheting, I have nothing I have ever made. I just ordered some yarn from Deramore's and when that arrives, will start sampling patterns for that. I'm thinking I want it made of small solid color hexagons, but that's subject to change. So I'm officially back to crochet-land.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been working on toys and doll dresses, but my Mom sold her house and moved to a smaller place.  I'm working on a granny ripple for her new place.  I figure it will be a house warming if I finish it before the fall when I see her next or a Christmas present if I don't.

I have been missing from this forum for a couple months. But my dad is in the hospital and I have used the waiting around time to craft a light pink v stitch blanket and two airs of booties. I plan to strt another afghan soon.

Hope that your Dad will be ok, Tanya!

I have been working on a knit baby blanket (which will take forever :lol ) and also a long standing WIP- The Sunny Spread. I saw a picture last night of a corner-to-corner blanket, and that may be the next thing that jumps on my hook!

This one took a while, but I was working on other stuff too. This is the Lavender Waves blanket from Herrschners. The yarn is soooo soft and fuzzy. I did a longer beginning chain and a different last edge round than the pattern called for.

post-21933-0-13520600-1370824376_thumb.jpg

This one took a while, but I was working on other stuff too. This is the Lavender Waves blanket from Herrschners. The yarn is soooo soft and fuzzy. I did a longer beginning chain and a different last edge round than the pattern called for.

attachicon.gif101_1280.JPG

That turned out great!

attachicon.gif101_1280.JPG

Oooh, pretty!

I'm working on another Marcelle afghan (Mary Maxim kit). I have 2-3 that will be Christmas presents (I haven't decided if the last one will be a present or if I'll keep it).

I've still got one afghan that needs to be put together and two others that I have the yarn for, but haven't gotten done.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the picture of the pink v-stitch baby blanket that I made last week while my dad was in the hospital and a picture of the pink corner to corner blanket that I started last week and finished today.

Last Saturday I bought a huge bag of yarn from a yard sale. It had some baby yarn in it and other kinds that I plan to make some scarves and blankets to donate.

post-46668-0-43103800-1371573980_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I've been working on baby blankets and have 3 more to share.

post-21933-0-44692000-1372869573_thumb.jpg

post-21933-0-31517500-1372869622_thumb.jpg

post-21933-0-81288200-1372869688_thumb.jpg

The round one is the Sugar Spun Blanket kit from Mary Maxim. It comes with their Baby Stripes yarn and they have 6 colors available. The kit came with 3 balls of yarn, but I only used 2.

http://www.marymaxim.com/sugar-spun-baby-blanket.html

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently working on a large granny square afghan of mixed colors that I am going to donate to the homeless shelter. It won't be my prettiest afghan, but it will be warm. Hope to finish in the next couple of days.

Hello everyone. Just wanted to post a picture of my latest afghan.  The pattern is nothing fancy. My only goal was to use up the yarn from my stash.  This afghan will be going to the Ronald McDonald House here in St. Louis.

post-14703-0-75850800-1374144265_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone. Just wanted to post a picture of my latest afghan.  The pattern is nothing fancy. My only goal was to use up the yarn from my stash.  This afghan will be going to the Ronald McDonald House here in St. Louis.

This looks great! And what a great cause you are donating it to.

Here is what I'm working on at the moment. (No, I haven't finished any if those other afghans I have going). I'm using up yarn left from other projects on this one. I'm hoping it ends up to be suitable for a baby boy blanket.

post-6189-0-48588000-1374160535_thumb.jpg

Have a couple more to share. I had to make a football cocoon for my son's boy doll... Then I found this doily pattern on Ravelry that I thought would make a beautiful baby blanket. I tried to get the pattern (from a 1995 Finnish magazine) and had no luck, so I printed the pictures and wrote the pattern out. I did have to make some adjustments to get it to lay almost flat.

post-21933-0-62677400-1374194370_thumb.jpg     post-21933-0-87397200-1374194406_thumb.jpg

Braxxi, I love that Mary Maxim baby blanket. I should remember to check their site once in a while.

I have finished up the projects I mentioned when I posted some time ago, and others. A round ripple, two granny type (I almost never ever do squares and when I do, I remember why), and three baby blankets.

My goal for the end of the year to use to ALL of the huge Caron One Pound stash I have, since I have decided I don't like working with it, and their color range makes me crazy. Some really nice individual colors, but a lot of them don't seem to play well with others. Planning how to use it all together is going to be a challenge. Most of them I only have a single skein, or a skein and a bit. Other than white, I probably only have enough to do solid color ones in the darker rosy color, ocean, and peach.

Anyway, here's what I've finished. I also added a picture of my newly decorated bird flight. I don't have tv - this is what I watch while I work.

post-39480-0-49750300-1374199165_thumb.jpg

post-39480-0-08377200-1374199180_thumb.jpg

post-39480-0-95261900-1374199189_thumb.jpg

post-39480-0-37209100-1374199203_thumb.jpg

post-39480-0-79230400-1374199222_thumb.jpg

Archived