2013 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

How did I get soooooo far behind? I think I've caught up on all the posts. You have all been really busy and all of the afghans are beautiful. I finally finished the chocolate lab afghan I was working on to give to my niece for Christmas.

attachicon.gifDog afghan 009.jpg

Now back to the afghan for my daughter.

This is so awesome!!

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I pulled this one out on Wednesday, but been sick with flu and sinus stuff going on, and started stitching on it last night. 

Here's progress so far - want to do 5 more rows using the dark red and yellow and then a border in white.

IMAG0246_zps48122f68.jpg

This is at 30 rows now, laid out on a queen bed.  

How did I get soooooo far behind? I think I've caught up on all the posts. You have all been really busy and all of the afghans are beautiful. I finally finished the chocolate lab afghan I was working on to give to my niece for Christmas.

Wow, that is great!

So I pulled this one out on Wednesday, but been sick with flu and sinus stuff going on, and started stitching on it last night. 

Here's progress so far - want to do 5 more rows using the dark red and yellow and then a border in white.

IMAG0246_zps48122f68.jpg

It's beautiful.

IMAG0246_zps48122f68.jpg

It is beautiful. I hope you'll share another picture when it's finished.

Thank you ladies for the compliments on the chocolate lab afghan.

Hi Ladies!!

Can I join...haven't been over here in about a year and now im ready to jump back in...Im starting a king size ripple and I need to get back to work on my Experimental Cables...im hoping by joining and having others to work with will keep me going :lol

Decided to use up the rest of the Chinchilla yarn I had. Used an S hook this time and the last 23 skeins I had.

attachicon.gif101_1194.JPG

Braxxi, that turned out great!  Looks really warm and cozy.  

Cshort....I have a special envy for those who can do graph ghans.  That is just amazing and so realistic.  I posted also about this ghan in the show-n-tell thread.

For some reason last night when I posted I didn't see the pics here (in this thread) until today.  

Once I get the border done tonight (hopefully) I will pull out another ghan that has been patiently waiting for 2 years to get finished (I have 5 I think that got put away unfinished).  

Cshort, that is a beautiful lab afghan. I have not tried graphs yet.

Ladibug, that is a pretty round ripple. Love the color combination.

I am out of yarn until tomorrow (payday). Then I plan to finish the border on the baby girl's blanket for my friend adopting and then to complete a lavender and white ripple that I am about half way through.

I teach special needs children, and this is my really busy time of year (getting all the IEPs put together). If I every get caught up, I'll start a new project.

What an outstanding afghan!!!!!! Beautiful!!!!!

Decided to use up the rest of the Chinchilla yarn I had. Used an S hook this time and the last 23 skeins I had.

attachicon.gif101_1194.JPG

Great looking!! I have an S hook-but I've never used it! LOL

IMAG0246_zps48122f68.jpg

Love the colors and I love RR's!!!! Can't wait to see it when you've finished!

Hi Ladies!!

Can I join...haven't been over here in about a year and now im ready to jump back in...Im starting a king size ripple and I need to get back to work on my Experimental Cables...im hoping by joining and having others to work with will keep me going :lol

Hi- jump right in!!!! A king size ripple will be awesome!!!!

I'm also jumping in.  I am trying to get an afghan done for my eldest daughter's wedding this May.  Don't know if I'll get it done by then.  Working a lot of overtime at work (great money), so it does not give me a lot of free time. 

I'll post pictures soon. 

Wow, Carol, that labrador-ghan is gorgeous! Is that afghan stitch? I've always wanted to try a charted afghan like that but if I do regular single or double crochet they don't line up properly; the stitches look all wobbly. I thought maybe afghan stitch would be better for me, since it's supposed to be all nice and even and square?

Cindra that is beautiful! I love the vibrant colors!

Thank you!  I made it with Caron Simply Soft Brites.  The pattern had white for the background, but I think the colors popped much nicer on the black, even though black was rough on these old eyes!!  :)

Thank you!  I made it with Caron Simply Soft Brites.  The pattern had white for the background, but I think the colors popped much nicer on the black, even though black was rough on these old eyes!!   :)

I agree!  White background would look great with pastels, but with the bright colors, black was definitely the right choice!  :D

I finished Tysons, my pics are not good at all, they were on their way out the door and I realized I hadn't taken any pics yet, so me and grandaughter threw everything off my bed, LOL  and put it there. It looks much much better in person without all those humps and bumps. Tonight working on Emmas ripple, have 14 rows in on Noahs batman...excited but nervous, I have never made anything that you just drop the thread and it starts in row 15...my next row. 

post-65480-0-39736400-1361795451_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my chocolate lab.

Wow, Carol, that labrador-ghan is gorgeous! Is that afghan stitch? I've always wanted to try a charted afghan like that but if I do regular single or double crochet they don't line up properly; the stitches look all wobbly. I thought maybe afghan stitch would be better for me, since it's supposed to be all nice and even and square?

It was made using single crochet for the entire afghan.

Well, I did not start this afghan in 2013, but I'm happy to say I finished it in 2013!  

Beautiful, the colors are really fun.

I finished Tysons, my pics are not good at all, they were on their way out the door and I realized I hadn't taken any pics yet, so me and grandaughter threw everything off my bed, LOL  and put it there. It looks much much better in person without all those humps and bumps. Tonight working on Emmas ripple, have 14 rows in on Noahs batman...excited but nervous, I have never made anything that you just drop the thread and it starts in row 15...my next row. 

Very pretty. Is the batman a graph ghan where you have to drop the yarn? If it is, don't worry it will be fine. My biggest problem with the graph ghans is keeping the yarn from getting too tangled while I'm working. Please share a picture when it is finished.

Well, I did not start this afghan in 2013, but I'm happy to say I finished it in 2013!  

Beautiful colors!! I agree the colors look great against black! Especially with how bright they are!! 

Looks great!!

-------------------------

I am still holding at just getting 2 done so far this year - BUT I plan to really get my head in the game & work on more starting now. I am 3 squares into my oldest son's afghan - Need 17 more & hope to get them done today. Chose to get up & crochet instead of sleep in since I didn't have to take him to school this morning, he stayed with my parents last night & will go to school when mom & my brothers go. (She's a teacher.) So it would be great to be able to surprise him when he gets off the bus this afternoon :) 

Nice, love the colors.

Love the bright colors with the black! Beautiful!!

Tysons afghan turned out great! Love all the stitch patterns in it.

Archived