2013 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

LadiBug329 Where can I get a copy of Rose Reds 12 point ripple pattern? Thanks!  Lorraine

Lorraine, you can get it right from RoseRed's blogsite...  

http://inspiredcrochetdesign.blogspot.com/2009/05/rosereds-12-point-round-ripple-free.html

its very easy to follow!! 

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished assembling and bordering the afghan I was putting together to comfort a little 4 year old boy who had a lawnmower accident and lost 4 toes... :(  Several ladies from a group I am in sent me squares, and here is the finished product:

post-25611-0-00511700-1367640568_thumb.jpg

Here is the back:  (I put a pocket on the back, so he can put his feet in it <OR> the blanket can be turned into a pillow...)

post-25611-0-57553600-1367640650_thumb.jpg

and here it is, looking like a pillow.  :D

post-25611-0-76926400-1367640678_thumb.jpg

I've been on a shawl making kick- and finished 2 of them and an infinity scarf. Now it's back to afghan making- my stepdaughter is expecting in October- so time to start a baby blanket soon,

I really need a kick to get my projects going and finished! I have several I need to do and several more i want to do.....LOL! 

I want to do this sunflower granny...

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/sunflower-throw

and this shamrock...I was hoping to have it done a few months ago... 

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/crochet-shamrock-afghan

and I have to do this angel one for Christmas for my sister, I was thinking of doing it in ivory sparkle yarn...

http://www.crochetkim.com/patterns/angelafghan.html

Sad thing is I still need to finish my Christmas afghan from last year and my Christmas tree skirt.... :reyes

I also am finishing one baby blanket, need to make a girl baby blanket and an unkn baby blanket.....

Help! I thought I was doing well on my baby afghan, but I am still mastering not decreasing on one side. Could I just weave in the ends or single crochet along the side to fix it?post-67075-0-39603400-1367972110_thumb.jpg

Hey Alaska Mommy, did anyone offer advice?  I am wondering if the blanket is for your adorable baby?  If so, I would weave in the ends and let her drag it around the house in all of it's glory.  It's good to have a reminder of where you started.  When you start another one, you just have to count carefully after each row in the beginning!  You will get the hang of it.  

I am sure there are people here who know how to fix miscounted edges with a border, but I am not one of them. 

Braxxi sweetie can you post a link for me of the pattern for these lovely round afghans you made... thank you

LIllibet

I finished another baby blanket this morning. I'm posting two pics because the first shows the color better and the second shows the stitches better.

attachicon.gif101_1171.JPG       attachicon.gif101_1173.JPG

Dear Crissie :

I love yiour afghan can you tell me please which pattern you used for it can you post the link please

Thanks

Lillibet

So I pulled this one out on Wednesday, but been sick with flu and sinus stuff going on, and started stitching on it last night. 

Here's progress so far - want to do 5 more rows using the dark red and yellow and then a border in white.

IMAG0246_zps48122f68.jpg

This is at 30 rows now, laid out on a queen bed.  

HI everyone:

Remember me its just lil ole me Lillibet..

I want to jump in on this CAL cause I am currently working on 3 Drop In The POnd Afghan

So this will  be fun for me..

I wanted to say I am speechless at all the beautiful afghans every one is working on...

I will try and remember how to post photo here of 2 of the three I got started...

hugs

Lillibet

post-6956-0-02208000-1368980697_thumb.jpgpost-6956-0-47021000-1368980743_thumb.jpg

I finished assembling and bordering the afghan I was putting together to comfort a little 4 year old boy who had a lawnmower accident and lost 4 toes... :(  Several ladies from a group I am in sent me squares, and here is the finished product:

attachicon.gifLittle John comfortghan.jpg

Here is the back:  (I put a pocket on the back, so he can put his feet in it <OR> the blanket can be turned into a pillow...)

attachicon.gifLittle John comfortghan back.jpg

and here it is, looking like a pillow.  :D

attachicon.gifLittle John comfortghan pocket pillow.jpg

How clever of you to add the pocket. What a sweet thing to do for that poor little boy.

Help! I thought I was doing well on my baby afghan, but I am still mastering not decreasing on one side. Could I just weave in the ends or single crochet along the side to fix it?attachicon.gifIMAG0121.jpg

You could try doing a sc border all around, and increasing the size of the stitches to HDC or DC where the blanket gets narrower, but even if that makes the edges straight, it probably won't make it look even to you. Someone will love it either way.

finished up a couple  more Daisy Blankets, I have almost used up the bag of variegated scraps- now on to the single skeins

attachicon.gifpictures 262.jpg

attachicon.gifpictures 263.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_0293.JPG attachicon.gifIMG_0290.JPG

Finished this morning, made for a friend per her request.  Hometown USA yarn.

HI everyone:

Remember me its just lil ole me Lillibet..

I want to jump in on this CAL cause I am currently working on 3 Drop In The POnd Afghan

So this will  be fun for me..

I wanted to say I am speechless at all the beautiful afghans every one is working on...

I will try and remember how to post photo here of 2 of the three I got started...

hugs

Lillibet

attachicon.gif001.JPGattachicon.gifNEW YEAR 2013 001.JPG

Both the daisy and the striped afghans are gorgeous.

Lilibet, your afghans are looking great. Looks like you've got some work ahead of you!

Lots of eye candy for me to catch up on! I haven't gotten much afghan-ing done at all lately so I don't have pics to share for now, but everything here looks amazing!

Lillibet, I am going to have to look up that afghan pattern. That construction is so intriguing!

Sorry I've been missing in action for a bit. Have had a lot to do with taking care of thinks for my grandmother. Anyway, I have some more to share!

post-21933-0-99449800-1369503322_thumb.jpg

post-21933-0-96734600-1369503395_thumb.jpg

post-21933-0-11267900-1369503487_thumb.jpg

I was working on my rainbow-ghan on Friday. I'm really eager to get to the next color. Then yesterday morning, the dog ate my hook.

My one of a kind, hand-turned, Jimbo hook.

That dog is lucky she is not pâté right now.

And I can't find any of my aluminum I hooks, either.

She just wanted another chance to chew up something wooden, is what she wanted! (Our little boy's train track pieces are also frequently attempted-murder victims.) My husband found it before she managed to create many splinters, but the hook portion is completely detached from the handle, so there's no using it now... and both the broken ends are shredded, so they couldn't be repaired if I tried.

'Course, neither of them came close to the rage I felt when I discovered her chewing the corner on the heirloom child's rocking chair made by my great-great-great-grandfather. She got crated for that, since I actually caught her in the act.

Dogs. You give 'em all the chew toys in the world, and they still want to chew up your stuff just because it's made of wood!

She just wanted another chance to chew up something wooden, is what she wanted! (Our little boy's train track pieces are also frequently attempted-murder victims.) My husband found it before she managed to create many splinters, but the hook portion is completely detached from the handle, so there's no using it now... and both the broken ends are shredded, so they couldn't be repaired if I tried.

'Course, neither of them came close to the rage I felt when I discovered her chewing the corner on the heirloom child's rocking chair made by my great-great-great-grandfather. She got crated for that, since I actually caught her in the act.

Dogs. You give 'em all the chew toys in the world, and they still want to chew up your stuff just because it's made of wood!

:(  I'm pretty sure I'd be beside myself if I were you... sort of :rant  and :angry  with a little bit of :irk  and :thair  tossed in for good measure... and I'd probably be sorely tempted to do something other than crate... such as :tryme  if you catch my drift...

She isn't part beaver, by any chance, is she??

Your hook sounds like Harry's magic wand.  You've tried, but it can't be repaired.

Sorry to hear about that rocking chair.  

My cats chew the paper in the shred bin, but what's wrong with that?  They are helping! 

What is it with dogs and wood. Our dog doesn't usually chew furniture but she is always dragging sticks from the woods into the yard to chew on. Last year dh bought a small tree late on a rainy Saturday. He set it out in the backyard still in its pot. Next morning it was laying on the ground and was covered with teeth marks. I guess the dog thought it was a new toy. (It survived)

Archived