2013 Any Afghan CAL

Braxxi

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  I really like it. With him being born in March, I'm sure his mom will like the greens (my daughter is a March baby).

I finally finished an afghan that I have been working on for about a year and a half. It is made with yarn that I bought at a yard sale and then didn't like. It is going to the homeless shelter on Saturday, and hopefully will find an owner who won't be picky about the colors.

I like it, but sometimes I have the same issue, I buy yarn because I like the colors and when I finally use it, I wonder what possessed me to buy it.

I'm sure it will find an owner who likes the colors.

These are all great!! I haven't made progress with the RR but I started my 6 year old an afghan that'll be made out of 20 8" squares in his colors of choice!!

Red black & White.. 

Once again - the colors don't show well, The lighting in my house was bad that day..

attachicon.gifDSCN0598.JPG

I will be alternating the squares.. There will be 10 that are red, black, red, white and 10 that are black, red, black, white.

That is going to be gorgeous.

This is the lapghan for my parents. My camera didn't pick up the colors well.

The pattern is the Drop in the Pond pattern on ravelry.

attachicon.gif20130210_090826.jpg

This is the baby afghan I am working on now.

attachicon.gif20130215_210609.jpg

That drop in the pond afghan is beautiful. I love the very graphic look of it. Thanks for the pattern info.

Baby blanket looks so pretty. What is the name of that pattern?

I'll jump in here! I've got an Intarsia Wedding Afghan to get busy with...plus...a grandbaby coming from that union due in July!  It would be nice if they could get their wedding ghan before the baby! 

I think it's going to be a little of a challenge for me. I might need you all's great support to get this one done!

I wanted to add a pic of the charted pattern but couldn't find the option to add one? 

I finished 3 doll-ghans for my friends daughter (only counting these as 1 afghan though...lol).

post-21933-0-83795800-1361415021_thumb.jpg

Then I decided to use up some of my stash and made this one today - 20 skeins of Chinchilla yarn and a Q hook! Came out to 48" square.

post-21933-0-70228300-1361415056_thumb.jpg   post-21933-0-11886000-1361415085_thumb.jpg

I finished 3 doll-ghans for my friends daughter (only counting these as 1 afghan though...lol).

attachicon.gif101_1190.JPG

Then I decided to use up some of my stash and made this one today - 20 skeins of Chinchilla yarn and a Q hook! Came out to 48" square.

attachicon.gif101_1191.JPG   attachicon.gif101_1192.JPG

Nice looking blankets. WTG on finishing that entire afghan in one day

I've often wanted to make doll blankets, but don't know what I would do with them. Guess I could make premie blankets, though.

Here is my latest afghan, inspired by Lucy @ Attic 24.  Shown on a queen sized bed.

That is really nice. I love Lucy's eye for color. Unfortunately I don't have it at all.

You're having another grandson?!?!  Since the Tote CAL fizzled, I haven't been in the same threads as you, so I hadn't heard the news - CONGRATULATIONS!!!  :hug

Hi Melani!!! Yes, I'm very excited- another grandson should be making his appearance in a few weeks!!! My DD is due 3/14, but she had my first 10 days early so who knows??? How are you and your kiddos?

I've been super busy at work- crazy long hours and recently had to work some weekends (oh, the joys of being a salaried employee and not getting extra $ for the hours- NOT) :lol  But things have calmed down a bit- and will get busy again in a few weeks. But I'm taking some time whenever DD needs a helping hand!

I really like it. With him being born in March, I'm sure his mom will like the greens (my daughter is a March baby).

I finally finished an afghan that I have been working on for about a year and a half. It is made with yarn that I bought at a yard sale and then didn't like. It is going to the homeless shelter on Saturday, and hopefully will find an owner who won't be picky about the colors.

Thanks!! My middle daughter is a March baby too- and she is going to be the godmother! She's hoping that he arrives on her birthday- 3/11- LOL.

Love the afghan and I'm sure whoever receives it is going to love it!!!

This could be inspiration to get out the 5 afghans I havent touched in 2 years... 3 round ripples a granny style I got stumped on and a wavy ripple.

:cheer  Cheering you on to work on those 5 afghans!!!! Can't wait to hear about your progress !!!

The baby blanket pattern is the 2 Sided Baby Afghan. It is a free pattern on ravelry.

Thanks!! I really like it- and funny thing is I was talking to a co-worker who is expecting and asking her what colors she's planning to use for her baby girls nursery- and she said she's liking pink and blue together. She likes more of a light tealish and rosy pink- so off to look through stash to see what I have- this pattern would be perfect to put the two colors together!!

But first I have to finish the 2nd blanket I'm making for my soon to be grandson!

attachicon.gif101_1190.JPG

attachicon.gif101_1191.JPG   attachicon.gif101_1192.JPG

Love them- and I say count them as three!!! ;)

Here is my latest afghan, inspired by Lucy @ Attic 24.  Shown on a queen sized bed.

I love it!!! I've made two granny stripes- one given to one of my DD's and the other I kept for me- but neither is queen sized- I would say they were more a little bigger than twin size! Great colors!

Decided to use up the rest of the Chinchilla yarn I had. Used an S hook this time and the last 23 skeins I had.

post-21933-0-74053700-1361638832_thumb.jpg

Hi Melani!!! Yes, I'm very excited- another grandson should be making his appearance in a few weeks!!! My DD is due 3/14, but she had my first 10 days early so who knows??? How are you and your kiddos?

I've been super busy at work- crazy long hours and recently had to work some weekends (oh, the joys of being a salaried employee and not getting extra $ for the hours- NOT) :lol  But things have calmed down a bit- and will get busy again in a few weeks. But I'm taking some time whenever DD needs a helping hand!

We're great - the younger two are in basketball and keeping me hopping, as a matter of fact we had a tournament to go to this weekend, but luckily all the games (each team plays 3 games) were crammed into this morning ~ back to back to back to back to back to back... started at 8:00 and finished up at 1:00.  Arielle's team won 2 and lost 1, and Dmitri's team didn't win any of their games.  They had fun, though, and are learning a lot.  :hug  I'm glad to hear things are going so well at work for you - I mean, yeah, the long hours are not exactly fun... but you wouldn't be in the position you're in if you didn't do a bang-up job, so there has to be a certain level of satisfaction, right?  :D

What all have you made for your newest little man?  And how is everything else going???  Mine all came at different times, my first and my third were late, my second and last were early... so it's hard to tell - maybe you'll end up with a St Patty's day baby!!  LOL

Great to re-connect!!  :hug

How did I get soooooo far behind? I think I've caught up on all the posts. You have all been really busy and all of the afghans are beautiful. I finally finished the chocolate lab afghan I was working on to give to my niece for Christmas.

post-4459-0-56667800-1361711433_thumb.jpg

Now back to the afghan for my daughter.

Archived