2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well,I dug mtself out of the hole I was in from a Michael's excursion that was -5

right now I'm at +3,but I better keep working at it,cause I don't know how many hubby's boss is going to send

Yep such a good deal we have,I send meals to him up at the school,and he thanks me with Yarn,works for me,lol

I am beginning to think I am going to have a permanently negative score, lol.  Needed a skein of yarn to finish up an afghan, but of course hobby lobby had lots on clearance so I couldn't just pick up the one I needed.  picked up 4, my order from patternworks came in thats another 16 skeins, some yarn I forgot about from herrschnerrs also came in another ......I have a feeling I will be going to the moon again.  

I have used up 2 full skeins and one partial and rolled  6 balls of plarn...does that count?? lots more stitching in the next 24 hours, I have a craft fair this weekend.  Lots more ruffle scarves and dishcloths to do so that may help a little.

I rolled up my skein from the post office so +1

And I finished a skein of DK making squares so +2

(Edited to up date score slightly as I rolled another skein into a cake this afternoon, +1)

Saturday for me here, so will post my weekly score: 

Week ending 7/9/13 score = -3

YTD= -32

Had to buy a skein of black because I realized I wasn't going to have enough to finish up my galaxy afghan. So that's another -2.

I just rolled the 6 colors of yarn I'm using in the galaxy afghan to balls finally, so my score is now:

And one more edit since I finished a ball of black off. Lol. I'm done crocheting for the day, so my final weekly score is:

WTD: -4

Edited to change score. And again.

I had a sneaking feeling I was going to be the "Shoot the Moon" winner for last week.  So I will be posting this week's scores tomorrow afternoon (Central Time).  I had been wanting to add to my shades of blue collection of RHSS.  So when Joann.com had RHSS at $2.09 a skein and "FREE SHIPPING" on orders of $25 or more I just could not resist any longer.  I originally planned on waiting until near the end of the year before adding to the shades of blue collection, but decided if I add now I may have a good chance of finishing the year with a plus score.  At least I hope so.

Week ending 9/7/2013

WTD: 0

my weekly damage.........

finished up the afghan I was working on using 3 skiens/ +9  made 1 ruffle scarf using another, did a hat and a couple of dishcloths using another skein. +1  made yarn cakes out of three hanks of yarn for the mystery knit along I am starting next week +3  now on to the new stuff.......

5 skeins at hobby lobby, -10   4 skeins from hershnerrs, -8. 3 skeins from michaels -6. 5 skeins at meijer, -10  16 skeins from patternworks  -32......

WTD:-66 YTD:-232  

Wow - I completely MISSED last week!  I'm not exactly sure how that happened... I'm blaming the holiday.  Does that work for all of you?  :lol

I haven't used any yarn in so long that my score is probably permanently burned into my signature line... the only thing that changes is the date (when I remember to update it) but I'm hoping that will change soon - I can almost feel my mojo coming back... aaaaaaaaany minute now... :lol

So, my score is...

WTD 0 / YTD +65 week ending 9/7/2013

Have a fabulous Sunday everyone!!!

:hug

Scores for September 8, 2013

Gold  Shining Star +12

Silver Pineknott +4

Bronze BigPinkPolkaDot +3

greyhoundgrandma +2

Bailey4 +1

PBLKNP 0

crabbyrat 0

tnkycrochetnut 0

Brenda Rolfe -4

prettywoman030981 -4

beccalovely -3

SHOOT THE MOON - mva5493 -66

I thought i would be over the moon again.......oh well at least I have pretty yarn to pet.  I have been working already today so I am at +2 so far.....I have to make some hats and finish a baby afghan so maybe I will get something going this week.  Also starting a mystery kal on the 13....but I am also expecting the last shipment of yarn I have purchased online......gotta get to work that ytd is a bit intimidating.

I've been working since Sunday to build up my score,had it to + 6 last night here came a pkg. of yarn from his boss put me at - 6 really quick,have now I have managed to be at-4

good thing I've gotten back into my groove,-12 would have made me a contender for shoot the moon

so far -4

I might be trying for shoot the moon three in a row, lol... found a deal on ebay 21 skeins, but I to take 8 of them to my knit/crochet groups tomorrow night.  I also found some yarn on sale at Tuesday morning so that's another 19 skeins.    

Once again I think it time to say my name is Valerie and I am a yarn addict.  I have been working a little bit this week I did finish up a bag, a hat and currently working on a baby afghan.....still a few more days before it all has to be counted....back to stitching/

Archived