2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

I'm working on that "Simple Sweater" from the Crochet for Dummies book (I've always wanted to make it and never did), so I'm going through skeins quickly with it:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD -38

:c9

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to try and catch up after about a month of not posting........I have surprised even myself with these totals I knew it would be negative.....but at least this is not just one week, lol.  I have been doing lots of work... I entered several items in the county fair this year that used up some yarn.  I have and afghan that completely covers and slightly drapes the sides of my queen size bed,  have a second afghan that is almost a full size bed, I did a throw for the family reunion raffle last weekend, a few more ruffle scarves for my booth next month.  Still a few more things for the booth going on but those will be on next weeks totals as they are still in process.  my fingers should be sore from all that stitching.  I have also acquired lots more yarn.  I just keep finding sales online as well as in the stores.......I love a good yarn clearance, lol.  I also purchased a large quantity of yarn for specific projects I am planning on a knitting a sweater and the skeins are small so there are a lot of them, also purchased yarn for a mystery knit along on ravelry, a small skein of yarn I needed to finish a baby blanket.  Yarn for a commissioned baby blanket........so here it is......

yarn purchases:  -210

yarn used up in projects  +80 

so......WTD:-130   YTD:-152

I am FINALLY finished enough on my galaxy afghan that I have started using yarn again!! It took me FOREVER to deal with all those pesky ends and to stitch the circles together. I have now started crocheting the stripe sides and hope to have those done in less than 2 weeks! I only have a month left to finish this blanket completely and I have a LOT left to do!! Procrastination struck me, per the norm. Lo

The circles all stitched together:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And the start of the striped sides against the circle section:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That is gorgeous, wow!! When you're done, can you make me one, too? :lol

Score for W/E 8/24/13:

Gold Medal Winner: pineknott +22

Silver Medal Winner: BigPinkPolkaDot +4

Bronze Medal Winner: Shining_Star +3

Using Up Stash:

Addicted2patterns +2

PBLKNP +2

prettywoman030981 +1

Holding Steady:

VikingRunnerGirl

tnkycrochetnut

New Stash to play with:

greyhoundgrandma -18

beccalovely -34

Braxxi -38

Shoot the Moon Winner (accumulated during an absence): mva5493 -130

Congratulations to all of our winners!!!!  To the winners of stashbusting and to the winners of stashbuilding.  I know very well how hard it is to resist a pretty new color, a weight of yarn you have never used, a new brand of yarn, a good markdown, or just any yarn in a store that says your name and jumps right in your shopping cart.  Then there is a good online sale with little or no shipping charges.  

Next Saturday will be the last Saturday of the month so we will need to post our YTD scores as well as our WTD scores.

Let our crochet hooks fly this coming week.

I thought that accumulated total would send me to the moon, lol. I have a bit more yarn coming but I have slowed down considerably so I think next weeks totals will be a bit different. I am finishing up an afghan now so have already used one skien today. I am going out of town on friday (8 hour car trip) so lots of stitch time. I am going to a wedding/family reunion so i maybe a little slow with the scores. The wedding is on sunday, but i will post when i get a chance. Have a good week!

Don't worry about it. I'll be around this weekend and have no problem with posting the scores. I'm probably heading to the moon again anyway!

Used up two skeins, but 11 from Joann put me back in the hole......

WTD -18

Thank you! You're so sweet! :)

Love checking in to see how everyone is doing!  I was very busy this weekend, and didn't have a chance to post my big fat ZERO score... :lol  That Galaxy afghan is coming out simply beautifully!!  You're doing a wonderful job on it!!  Can't wait to see it completed (in PLENTY of time for entry into the fair, by the way...)

:hug

I am going to post my score now.  I just don't think I could use up enough yarn between tonight and tomorrow to alter my score.  You see I have to make a confession.  Last Saturday I received an email from Joann.com saying all of their yarn was on sale up to 40% off with "Free Shipping" for an order of at least $25. I checked the Red Heart Super Saver (7oz) but it was only marked down 20 cents.  I wanted some more blues(my favorite color any shade) but at just 20 cents off per skein that just was not enough of a markdown for me even with "Free Shipping."  Plus that sale was for one day only.  For some reason I checked Joann.com the next day and lo and behold the Red Heart Super Saver was now $2.09 a skein with the same "Free Shipping" deal with a $25 order.  I made a quick inventory of what blues I had on hand and made out an order.  I just knew it would not arrive this week so I could end this month with just a WTD score of my usual 0.  Boy was I wrong!!!  The box hit the porch a couple hours ago.  I didn't hear the box so much as I heard the UPS truck pulling away.  So now my score for the week ending 8/31/13 is:

WTD: -32  YTD: -1

That Galaxy afghan is coming out simply beautifully!!  You're doing a wonderful job on it!!  Can't wait to see it completed (in PLENTY of time for entry into the fair, by the way...)

:hug

Thanks! I had to take a break from it this week to work on some small baby items, but come Monday ill be back working on it every day!

I actually used up quite a bit of yarn making baby things this week!! Using skeins of sport weight yarn make it go fast!! I rolled 5 balls!!

WTD: +5 / YTD: +13

Archived