2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid I need to somewhat modify my stash totals... you see, there was a tag sale... the good news is that I found yarn for my sister's sweater.  The bad news is that I picked up a BOX of yarn (although I only had to pay $12 for the entire box)!

So, my totals are:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -62 YTD -42

The SHAME... :eek  :devil  :2spin

:eek PBLKNP, the shame of it.  A whole box of yarn for $12. :faint  I give that a :tup.  Okay, I know this is suppose to be a "Stashbusting" CAL but sometimes we just can't resist doing a little "Stashbuilding." :shrug  Because of mobility problems I do most of my yarn shopping online now.  Joann.com is a favorite spot as they have "Free Shipping."  Of course most of the time you have to have a minimum order for free shipping but this weekend (until Sunday night 11:59 pm)  they are offering shipping at 70 cents and no minimum order.  These offers are hard for me to resist also.  I am trying very hard to talk myself out of ordering. :2nono:rant:think  

Scores for week ending 08/03/2013:

Gold: homesteadingwife   +8

Silver: Tie: MamaWNaNa +3 and BigPinkPolkaDot +3

Bronze: Tie Addicted2Patterns +2, Bailey4 +2, Braxxi +2, Shining_Star +2

Using up Yarn

tnkycrochetnut +1

Holding Steady

greyhoundgrandma

prettywoman030981

pineknott

Just-in

Adding to Stash

Ellie13 -2

crochetlady2012 -8

Shoot The Moon:  PBLKNP   -62

Finally I've had some crochet time today!! After 3 weeks of NO crocheting and 4 weeks with a 0 score, I hope to make some progress this week.

I am hoping to be able to stop adding to my stash for a little bit & like you start subtracting from my stash hopefully! I have a lot of crocheting planned now just to get it all done.

I'm making a baby granny ripple in pink, light blue and lavender. I used a ball and rolled down a 3.5 oz. skein (+2), but haven't used enough of the 7 oz. skeins to roll yet. I hope I have enough lavender. The ball and skein were old and I haven't seen it in stores lately. Looks like I'm going to be on the plus side this week :) .

WTD: + 2  YTD: + 83

Ellie 13

I had to have hubby taken to the hospital Monday Afternoon, so I didn't get as much crocheting as I would of liked done :blush . I plan on trying to do a little more crocheting today. Our 4 yr old son is playing w/ a cousin of his (he's one of 86 for his 90 yr grandmother) at his aunt's house. Not sure how long he will be gone though.  :D

I was all confused, wondering why nobody had posted for this week but one or two, but I just remembered today's only Saturday. Guh. :lol

I gave away three skeins this week, so plus six for me yaaaay! I doubt I'm getting anything more done tonight as Little Viking woke up with croup at midnight (just as we were going to bed) and we spent all night at the hospital with him. Not sleeping. He's sleeping peacefully now, though, and hopefully we'll be joining him soon! (We had to get up to care for the animals...durn pets and their needing to eat and go outside and such :rofl )

Oops.ETA: WTD +6!! YTD: I'll count later when I'm not on my phone. @_@

I had to have hubby taken to the hospital Monday Afternoon, so I didn't get as much crocheting as I would of liked done :blush . I plan on trying to do a little more crocheting today. Our 4 yr old son is playing w/ a cousin of his (he's one of 86 for his 90 yr grandmother) at his aunt's house. Not sure how long he will be gone though.  :D

Is your husband okay?  Hopefully, he's feeling better.  I bet your little guy had a blast with his aunt.  Y'all must have a wonderful time when your entire family gets together!  His grandmother is indeed blessed!

Is your husband okay?  Hopefully, he's feeling better.  I bet your little guy had a blast with his aunt.  Y'all must have a wonderful time when your entire family gets together!  His grandmother is indeed blessed!

My husband has a really bad seizure a couple nights ago & his blood pressure is high. So, I am watching him very closely.

Archived