Chief Raz Doll

Tampa Doll

Some of you may remember that my brother had asked me to make a doll for my SIL and he insisted on paying for it, as it was to be a Christmas gift from him.

This is what I came up with:post-105-135897767378_thumb.jpg

Since I made this, I thought about making one for my brother in his Navy CPO uniform. I thought I had lots of time. Well, we lost him in February and he was buried in Arlington national Cemetery in March.

I finally decided to stop procrastinating and get this doll done for my SIL. I found this pattern for 16” doll and used size 3 thread and a 6 and 7 steel hook. It was a lot of playing with size and finding a doll. On the new Ken’s, everything bends or moves, even the hands. Well, the hair, we won’t discuss.

I asked my niece for a picture of her Dad’s uniform or him in it when he retired, and luckily she had a close up of the sleeve. We ended up using the copier to make the hash marks and the insignia. Unfortunately, I was unable to duplicate his ribbons.

So without further ado, I want you all to see Chef Raz, before he is packed up and sent to California. Oh and Raz is short for our last name, Razler.

post-105-135897767385_thumb.jpg Side by Side

Oh this is the pattern I used: Military Dolls

You bring tears to my eyes. So sorry for your loss but what a marvelous tribute to your brother and a perfect couple for your sister-in-law to love and treasure. I wish I could see the look on her face when she opens her gift.

You are an amazing lady, Mary Jo! I am very sorry for your loss. :hug Words cannot describe how special this is. They are beautiful. Regal, really. :manyheart

MaryJo- I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug

These dolls are both amazing! What a wonderful tribute to your brother and the love that you put into both of these is so evident.

your dolls never cease to amaze, MaryJo. And Chief Raz is a fitting tribute to your brother. I'm sure your sister will cherish both dolls, always.

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got the Chief Razz doll out to my SIL. The post office delivered it last Wednesday, but she did not find it till Sat. She never goes in or out of her front door, always uses the garage door.

She loved it and she said, she put them both together and says they look perfect.

So I can relax now, knowing the dolls are together.

Thank you all for the compliments, this was a little hard to make and even harder to send.:hook

• 4 weeks later...

Archived