Help Crochetville Win a $250,000 Grant!

Amy

Crochetville has just applied for one of 12 $250,000 grants through the Mission: Small Business program.

We have to get 250 votes to qualify for consideration. Please click here to vote for us! You'll need to log in with a Facebook account to vote, since this is a social media type of campaign sponsored by Chase and LivingSocial. Just enter Crochetville in the business name box, leave city and state blank, and click Search. When the page refreshes, scroll down and click the blue VOTE button. Thanks for your support!

Updates:

6/16/12 at 4:54 PM CDT: 101 votes received, 149 to go! We've made it 40% of the way there in the first 24 hours!

6/19/12 at 4:17 PM CDT: 230 votes received, 20 to go! We're 92% of the way there!

6/19/12 at 8:37 PM CDT: 255 votes received, 0 to go! We're 100% of the way there! Thank you, everyone!!!

If we win, there are so many fabulous things we could do for all our members and visitors here at Crochetville. We're facing some stiff competition from others in the fiber arts industry: Lorna's Lace and Jimmy Beans Wool just to name two.

MSBposter.jpg

Remember, please click here to cast your vote and help us qualify for our application to be reviewed and considered for the grant!

If you don't have a Facebook account and don't want to create one, you can still show your support. Just tell us in this thread how you'd like us to spend the money to improve Crochetville if we win!

Thanks so much for your support,

Amy and Donna

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25 votes down, 225 left to go!

Feel free to share our Facebook post about the grant on your own page. Help us spread the word.

If Crochetville were lucky enough to win $250,000, how would you want us to spend that money? What could we do that would make Crochetville an even better place for you to hang out?

The money will go to make Crochetville bigger and better, not line our own pockets! :hook

Try Crochetville, Harvest, AL.

EDIT: Just found out, you can search just by entering Crochetville and leave the city and state blank.

34 down, 216 left to go! And 15 days left for voting. We'll make it, I'm sure.

Thanks to everyone for your support. And please don't forget to let us know how you'd like us to spend the money to make Crochetville better. Post your ideas right here!

Just went and voted....I was number 47. Very easy to do.

The grant money would be awesome for Crochetville. I encourage all members to take a few seconds to show their support. I enjoy coming to Crochetville every day even though I don't post alot.

Thank you Amy and Donna for all you do.

JILLfromWI

Amy,

I wanted to vote and went to the link you provided but there is no place to type in Crochetville and submit it. I tried viewing the page in both Mozilla Firefox and Explorer.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. There is something about logging into Facebook. Does one have to be a Facebook member / log into Facebook first?

Yes, I just found out that you do have to be logged in to a Facebook account in order to vote. When I clicked the link earlier, I was already logged in to Facebook, so saw the search page right away. I'm going to go edit my instructions.

This whole thing is part of a social media campaign through Chase and LivingSocial.

We're now up to 50 votes! We're 20% of the way there in only 3 hours, and we have 15 days left to qualify.

Thanks so much for everyone who has voted, shared the post, or is trying to vote. We appreciate your support so very much!

When you've logged in to your Facebook account you have to click "home" to go back to the voting page. Scroll down to the bottom of that page and you'll find the search field.

Everyone, thanks so much for voting for us! Your support means so much. We're up to 84 votes now!

We are very excited about this grant. We have our own ideas of how we could use the money to add all sorts of cool new features to Crochetville. But we still want to hear from you all. Some of you may have wonderful ideas that we haven't thought about yet.

With $250,000 to spend, you can dream big!

I don't have a Facebook account (nor do I want one,) but I DO hope that Crochetville gets the grant! :)

I don't have a Facebook account either, but I hope you get the grant!:cheer

Archived