• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

189 votes------61 to go!

Thanks, Janet!!

Edit to Add:

6/18 at 5:13 CDT: 191 down, 59 to go!

I HAVE A PERFECT ANSWER Amy n Donna..

Amy Shelton n Donna Hulka, how about this?

CROCHETVILLE can make a

"CROCHETVILLE CROCHET MAGAZINE"

with CHARTS.

Like Magic Crochet & Decorative Crochet had, and name it of course

"CROCHETVILLE ".......

And the 1/2" inch or 1" inch border of the CROCHETVILLE magazine Front and Back page would have to be of course the back ground design on Crochetville has--that blue crochet look.

So what does Amy n Donna think?

sunnywolfgar aka Terry Devine on Crochetville for pretty much since you guys started it.

I HAVE A PERFECT ANSWER Amy n Donna..

Amy Shelton n Donna Hulka, how about this?

CROCHETVILLE can make a

"CROCHETVILLE CROCHET MAGAZINE"

with CHARTS.

Like Magic Crochet & Decorative Crochet had, and name it of course

"CROCHETVILLE ".......

And the 1/2" inch or 1" inch border of the CROCHETVILLE magazine Front and Back page would have to be of course the back ground design on Crochetville has--that blue crochet look.

So what does Amy n Donna think?

sunnywolfgar aka Terry Devine on Crochetville for pretty much since you guys started it.

A Crochetville magazine is a great idea! All of us could both subscribe to the magazine and contribute to it !:)

How many times can you vote? is it a 1 time vote..or

1 time a day vote?

Just one vote per Facebook acccount.

Oh, we're up to 194 votes now. Just 56 to go!

A magazine would be a cool idea, wouldn't it?

What would you want to see in a magazine that would make it different from all the other magazines on the market now?

What would you want to see in a magazine that would make it different from all the other magazines on the market now?

Maybe the ability for crochetville users to submit their original designs or advice tidbits. A magazine would be awesome!

I do not buy the magazines on the market now, I just do not like them at all. Every now n then I'll buy some charted ones from another country here and there meaning 1 or 2 not a subscription. I have some from Japan with charts, Germany charted. Mexico Charted. Russia Charted. Italy charted. I used to subscribe from Magic Crochet n Decorative Crochet for years, then we started moving again and that got intruped. SO I do have some missing here and there still working on and getting those 2 collections completed. I truely miss going to the mail box to get a new magazines. I know its weird but I call it moment in time. lol......

What would I want to see in Crochetville Crochet Magazine. I know Crochetville is made up of all kinds of crochet, clothes, kids, blankets, afghans, doilys rugs, anything crocheted. But since we have Yarnies, and Threadies here. I would say make 2 magazines have them set up as a yearly subscriptions. One as a Yarn and one as Thread.

Defentily put in Charts like MC and Dc had. I don't crochet clothes. I would be the Thread subscriber, as I lean towards to Doilies. Yes, I do yarn Afghans,and a few other stuff and I crochet with Fabric but I miss the doilies charted magazines. I would enjoy those way more....

As most other countries still has Thread Crochet Magazines with Charts but USA does not. It would such a great idea if Crochetville Crochet Magazine did. YES, I would be a paid subscriber, I would love to get a charted Thread magazine in the mail again.

I would like to see a section in a magazine (if that's what you decide to do) for seriously experienced patterns. Even a section on vintage patterns (like before 1960's...)

Just a section though, don't want to intimidate anyone from wanting to crochet because they thought the magazine was more than they could handle...know what I mean?

And sure charted would be nice. I don't use charts for regular crocheting unless it's a really challenging pattern (ironically, I want big pictures though so I can see the stitches...) Anyway, charts are great to be able to refer to if needed.

What else...hmmmmm...have to give it some thought.

We're now over 80% of the way to qualification! We have 205 of the 250 votes needed. Just 45 left to go!

UPDATE: We have 212 of the 250 votes needed; just 38 left to go! 6/19/12 at 8:02 AM CDT.

Thanks to much to everyone who has voted for us!!

Keep those ideas coming about how we should spend the money.

As long as we're dreaming about magazines, I'd love to see really in-depth articles on techniques, crochet artists, designer profiles, crochet in different parts of the world (Russia, Japan, Brazil, just to name a few), a humor column, crochet fiction (like the old serial installments in older magazines). I could really get into a magazine that was more articles than patterns. An issue could focus on one technique, with lots of articles and tutorials supporting that technique, articles on how that technique was being used in other places around the world, a resource listing of lots of patterns using that technique, etc.

I would love to see a crochet mag in the USA/Canada with charts! and stories. almost a combination of the recent piecework crochet special, and Magic Crochet. I'd definitely pay to subscribe to a thread magazine with patterns (charts!) and stories--history, humor, crochet around the world, etc! There's so much more than doilies, to thread. (and I love doilies, too). Would love to see a "Crochetville-ager" pattern section. though I'd also like to see this mag expand beyond the 'ville over time :U Inclusion of a vintage pattern in each issue or in alternating issues would also be nice--or "challenging": one issue vintage, next issue a modern challenging pattern...if that makes any sense.

I can see where having two mags, one for thread and one for yarn would have it's advantages. There are some already that focus primarily on yarn, and include the odd thread pattern. ( I used to subscribe to CW, but dropped it after several successive months of patterns that weren't to my taste. nothing wrong with the mag itself...I do appreciate the picture index on the last interior page--that's a great idea...just haven't seen enough patterns to subscribe to. (and I can always pick up individual issues locally, when there is something) )

Oh, I couldn't access on the computer here at work as FB is blocked, but I got on the phone. Says I am vote 222, but not sure how when Amy said we already had 222. Oh well, as long as my vote is counted!!!

As for the magazine, I am LOVING this! Stuff for beginners, advanced, yarn, thread, I even like the vintage pattern ideas! I would definitely subscribed to this magazine, even get extra copies for friends of mine that I am going to be teaching how to crochet and those that already know how to!!!

This is really exciting!!!

I can see where having two mags, one for thread and one for yarn would have it's advantages. There are some already that focus primarily on yarn, and include the odd thread pattern. ( I used to subscribe to CW, but dropped it after several successive months of patterns that weren't to my taste. nothing wrong with the mag itself...I do appreciate the picture index on the last interior page--that's a great idea...just haven't seen enough patterns to subscribe to. (and I can always pick up individual issues locally, when there is something) )

Yes Momcrochets, that is what I was or trying to say. but yea, the ones today has just to many clothes in it for me so I just Do not buy them. So many Threadies won't buy them either cause they do not crochet with yarn. as in reverse a yarnie is not going to buy a Thread Magazine cause they do not crochet with thread or not into Doily type of work.

Work Baskets just a blue moon here and there I would like looking thru and doing, but wasn't worth it for me to subscribe to. Years ago what few I was given to I sold them cause she didn't want them back. I even had a hard time selling them on Ebay finally let them all go to someone who bought some and just put the rest of them in the box extra for free. She was very surprised.

Then there is Crochet World its a so n so magazine but I just couldn't get excited about it. There was one other thread magazine I liked beside the ones I love the MC n DC, it is White thread Crochet or White thread or was it Crochet White I only got my hands on a few then they quit making them.

Why make it a all in one and most people won't buy it. Threadies won't like it, then you got the Yarnies don't liking it. Then the magazines do not sell.

I think having 2 magazines is a good idea!

So if there was 2 Crochetville Magazines.

Crochetville Yarn magazine and a Crochetville Thread Magazine everyone is happy and you will sell more magazines this way. Its a win win!

A mag is a great idea!!! But to make it really different, one that has patterns that really work, you know, patterns were tested and tried prior to printing, and proof read carefully for typos and other errors. Wouldn't it be great to have a reputation for being a totally dependable mag???

Instead of a hurry up and print monthly version, a quarterly one, giving more time for quality??

Yes Momcrochets, that is what I was or trying to say. but yea, the ones today has just to many clothes in it for me so I just Do not buy them. So many Threadies won't buy them either cause they do not crochet with yarn. as in reverse a yarnie is not going to buy a Thread Magazine cause they do not crochet with thread or not into Doily type of work.

Work Baskets just a blue moon here and there I would like looking thru and doing, but wasn't worth it for me to subscribe to. Years ago what few I was given to I sold them cause she didn't want them back. I even had a hard time selling them on Ebay finally let them all go to someone who bought some and just put the rest of them in the box extra for free. She was very surprised.

Then there is Crochet World its a so n so magazine but I just couldn't get excited about it. There was one other thread magazine I liked beside the ones I love the MC n DC, it is White thread Crochet or White thread or was it Crochet White I only got my hands on a few then they quit making them.

Why make it a all in one and most people won't buy it. Threadies won't like it, then you got the Yarnies don't liking it. Then the magazines do not sell.

I think having 2 magazines is a good idea!

So if there was 2 Crochetville Magazines.

Crochetville Yarn magazine and a Crochetville Thread Magazine everyone is happy and you will sell more magazines this way. Its a win win!

I kind of have to disagree with what you're saying here that a "threadie" wouldn't buy a magazine with a lot of yarn project and visa versa...some might, because they might see a stitch pattern that they might try out in thread for some thing else. Believe me, that's what I do. I've used stitch patterns associated with afghans to make wearables...I've used stitch patterns associated with thread and doilies to make wearables or other things...I've taken knit patterns and converted them to crochet...the possibilities are endless...maybe there could be such a section in a Crochetville magazine...

Archived