Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good Morning Everyone.

I'm enjoying my coffee and my grandson is watching TV, everyone else is still sleeping.  I will be heading home this afternoon. I'm sure the cats have missed me and I have things I need to to do at home. 

Hope everyone has a great day.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The afghan is a huge granny square for a 72 year old lady who we adopted a few years ago as our grandma. She lives in PA so we dont get to see her much but she found out last month she had breast cancer and had both of her breast removed and she is going to start radiation on Monday. I wanted to finish it way before now for the surgery but as you all know I messed up my fingers and couldn't . Now i'm much better and finished it last night. Now i just need to mail it... I hope she likes it.

The next picture is of a cinnamon rolls I cut up into pieces and put in a buntt pan. Pretty cool. Its there breakfast this morning.

Good morning all.

post-73065-0-30511900-1420211666_thumb.jpg

post-73065-0-25448600-1420211936_thumb.jpg

owlvamp, pretty afghan and the cinnamon roll bunt cake looks yummy

yarn_monkey we try to stop at botanical gardens and zoos when we get out and about

katy,  we want to get up your way and see the zoo but something always seems to come up.  My mom used to take us to the KC zoo when were little.  Then I took my nephew and nieces when they were little.  That's when I started buying the yearly passes.  There have been so many major changes through the years so it is so much better for the animals and they have tiimes scheduled so you can talk with the trainers.  I was so sad when the old bull elephant, Casey passed away as I remembered him being there most all my life.  For many years you looked at the elephants from above.  They were down in a huge dug out area.  Their newer exhibit puts them at ground level and at times not to terribly far away.  Sometimes I stop and watch them for quite sometime.  I always liked watching the sea lions.  The polar bear and penguin exhibits are pretty new and I like watching them a lot.

I am hoping pineknott is doing okay since the last time she was on she had the flu.  sopo I hope you are doing okay too.

kuddles I hope you come back soon and fill us in on your and  kiddles' Christmas.  I'm excited that I heard from Sue this year.

It sounds like we  might be in for some freezing rain/snow tonight and tomorrow.  I hope it's not too bad because we were supposed to get together with the ladies I used to work with tomorrow evening and I have really been looking forward to it.  It will be 100 miles round trip and I don't want to do it at night in bad weather.  

It's looking like we could be in for some freezing rain tomorrow. Looking into next week, though, I see a couple of days where they're predicting low enough temps that my Alicia could have time off school. Ugh. As far as snow goes, we seem to be in the less than an inch area.

the zoo and botanical gardens hold special places for me,in Brooklyn there is a Park called Prospect Park,and the had both features just a stone's through from each other,I don't remember how big that zoo was,I do remember both other zoos I have gone to were quite big the Bronx zoo and the National Zoo in DC,so when we went to the zoo in Japan it seemed quite tiny

The afghan is a huge granny square for a 72 year old lady who we adopted a few years ago as our grandma. She lives in PA so we dont get to see her much but she found out last month she had breast cancer and had both of her breast removed and she is going to start radiation on Monday. I wanted to finish it way before now for the surgery but as you all know I messed up my fingers and couldn't . Now i'm much better and finished it last night. Now i just need to mail it... I hope she likes it.

The next picture is of a cinnamon rolls I cut up into pieces and put in a buntt pan. Pretty cool. Its there breakfast this morning.

Good morning all.

That is a beautiful afghan, I know your friend will love it. My mouth is watering over the cinnamon rolls.

I made it home safe and sound and already miss my babies. I've unpacked and started laundry, so I figured I'd play on the computer and do some crocheting.

Have a great evening.

well how has day two of 2015 go for everyone!! Baking goodies, beautiful ghans, all nice on the eyes, thanks for that ladies!

I hope all that is not well, and sopo comes to mind, and I think there might have been a couple others not feeling their best, I hope recover quickly, and things get back to normal for you all, Glad your fingers healed owlvamp, and both ghans, the one you did, and the one you are putting black on, delish looking!!

Gonna get really cold here, snow, and wind with it, so tomorrow night in my parts anyways, is an no brainer for not getting out and about, least for us.Hope you get your trip Bgs, and it misses you!

Got pics, but camera in other room so will load them up tomorrow, of the hot pot sitters, one bgs made for me,and then I made a few cause they do sure come in handy!!

oh, finished that ocean ghan, I decided to quit at lapsized ghan , and put them together! I edged it too, will snap up that pic tomorrow, when the light is better! gotta remember to take that off my siggy now, thanks all that contributed,I know a lil lady at the nursing home., that will adore the colors, and remind her of her "california girl" days, lol 

I think now, i will collect for any size, any color for the next one, so will get that changed before my birthday rolls around, and oh,jessicali is on the birthday bash too, good to have you back jessica!!

Owl, that afghan is gorgeous! I love how you just did one round of the white each time, it gives it just the right accent. I'm sure she'll love it!

My mom makes the best cinnamon rolls, from my great-aunt's recipe... I tried to make them once and they came out awful. I don't remember exactly how anymore, but I remember they were bad. I really do have to learn how to make them!

Katie, when I came over here to check the 'ville I realised I need to update my signature now too! :lol Going to go do that next and then off to either read or crochet, one or the other.... I've been bingeing on Discworld lately and have no intention of stopping anytime soon. :D

Happy new year, everyone! Let's face this one with a good will, knowing we can always stop in here for an encouraging word!  :party 

Good morning all.

The Afghan is beautiful and I'm sure she'll love it. I know it will bring her a lot of comfort. Those cinnamon rolls are making me hungry! They look so good!

owlvamp, pretty afghan and the cinnamon roll bunt cake looks yummy

yarn_monkey we try to stop at botanical gardens and zoos when we get out and about

katy,  we want to get up your way and see the zoo but something always seems to come up.  My mom used to take us to the KC zoo when were little.  Then I took my nephew and nieces when they were little.  That's when I started buying the yearly passes.  There have been so many major changes through the years so it is so much better for the animals and they have tiimes scheduled so you can talk with the trainers.  I was so sad when the old bull elephant, Casey passed away as I remembered him being there most all my life.  For many years you looked at the elephants from above.  They were down in a huge dug out area.  Their newer exhibit puts them at ground level and at times not to terribly far away.  Sometimes I stop and watch them for quite sometime.  I always liked watching the sea lions.  The polar bear and penguin exhibits are pretty new and I like watching them a lot.

I am hoping pineknott is doing okay since the last time she was on she had the flu.  sopo I hope you are doing okay too.

kuddles I hope you come back soon and fill us in on your and  kiddles' Christmas.  I'm excited that I heard from Sue this year.

It sounds like we  might be in for some freezing rain/snow tonight and tomorrow.  I hope it's not too bad because we were supposed to get together with the ladies I used to work with tomorrow evening and I have really been looking forward to it.  It will be 100 miles round trip and I don't want to do it at night in bad weather.

Brenda I hope your weather isn't too bad so you don't have to travel in it for your get together. I don't see well at night anyway, so you throw in bed weather and I just can't manage itand make DH drive.

We didn't get into a whole lot today. We went out for brunch (well, lunch but we had omelets so I figure that counts as brunch, right? Lol) and then went into Augusta to go to Costco and then stopped at Publix for groceries for dinner. We took the groceries over to the family friend's house and made taco salads and visited with her and her corgi puppies. They're about 10 or 12 weeks old and just super sweet ball of fluff sisters. Once we get home and I get pictures put onto my computer, I'll have to share. They're just too cute for words!

Not sure what we'll get into tomorrow, but dad's girlfriend has a holiday party for the people at the barn where she keeps her horse so Dad, DH and I are on our own for dinner. Generally that means we'll have something my dad doesn't usually get for dinner so we'll see what we come up with.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday!

Good morning all. Been a good year so far. My lil man spent the night with me last night. FIsrt time his mama has allowed him to. We are eating breakfast and watching Daniel Tiger right now.  Tonight I will be going to Winter Jam in Louisville.  I actually have 3 days off in a row. I was also accepted to take over the store in August when the Manager leaves. I willl be stepping into her spot.   

The afghan is wonderful.  I bet she will love it.

:oops Annnnd I forgot - thank you for the compliments on "my" quilt! It may have taken me forever, but it did come out looking nice at least. My favorite moment was when I spread the quilted but unbound project on the bed and asked Little Viking for his thoughts, and he said "Oh! It's so beautiful!"  :manyheart

Dragnlady, congratulations on the job!! That's wonderful news!  :clap  :yay

katy, glad you liked the potholder.  Someone gifted me one and I thought it was a clever idea and the options are limitless on what patterns you could do.  People seem pretty happy to get the larger ones and those are the ones my family grab first to use. They really like the "magic" ones because they are so thick. And ince they are cotton I figured they might shrink a bit when launder.

Well after checking the forecast this am we decided we are not going out this evening to see my friends.  It's gong to be okay all day and then about the time we would get there is when the hazardous road conditions will start.  I would be worrying all evening about getting back home.  We are just too far away to chance it-----even if we were not in an accident what would normally be an hour drive easily turns into a 2 to 3 hour drive.  

dragn--congrats on your promotion

yarn_monkey, the puppies sound adorable,

lets see, since my l last visit, i will say hello to howieann, Kim, viking, yarnmonkey, cshort, owlvamp, bgs, dragnlady, and any and all i may have missed! getting the cold weather here tonight, with wind chills expected of -30, now, that has got to be a record of some sort, oh yeah, probably in the Antartic. ;p

didn't feel like doing much today, so laid in bed a couple hours, just watching history channel, and dozing, then got up and had something to eat this evening, and feeling  bit better. im still working on those hot pot sitters, as some call them, it take two per hot pad set, so that's four, two apiece to make it thick enough, I have several pairs done though, working on one or two more at the least, and then call it quits.

Then Tomorrow, I will try to photo that ocean colors lap ghan, it turned out great, and I have only tw0osquares left over, lol but will use them in another one, Im sure!! I got all yours in though, these two leftover, I think I made. 

so pics tomorrow ladies!!

I am after the hot pot holders,between projects, so ... am thinking what next! I missed my first saturday donation to the open door mission, but you know i bet if I called them, they would come out and get them, he he he, ill try that on monday, as i never or almostnever and hate,,,,going downtown!!

There are only two ghans for them this month, so won't hurt to hold them another month, cept for those tht could use them to stay warm TONIGHT, i guess, drat!!

Turned out nice,

I hit post,wasn't quite ready yet, anyways,,,, am washing my bedding now, and some towels, then will make up the bed, fold the towels, and think about what else i need to accomplish, so I can say i did SOMETHING today, lol so as not to feel totally useless today!! lol

That's about al i got for now, congratz on the job promotion dragnlady!

Hope sopo, and all else that weren't feeling quite up to snuff, are recovering and will be bck with us soon.. Take care, stay warm......And bgs, glad you decided to stay home, looks like nasty weather for you too, sorry you will miss your get together though.............

Hi everyonr. Sorry i was MIA for a few days. Blame it on my brain. It jumped out a window somewhere along tge the way. I have managed to completely mess up our bank account, figuring in money we didnt have, overspent, and now are trying to get all of our rent $ together. I think (using that loosely) we will be ok.

:hug to all

katy, glad you liked the potholder.  Someone gifted me one and I thought it was a clever idea and the options are limitless on what patterns you could do.  People seem pretty happy to get the larger ones and those are the ones my family grab first to use. They really like the "magic" ones because they are so thick. And ince they are cotton I figured they might shrink a bit when launder.

Well after checking the forecast this am we decided we are not going out this evening to see my friends.  It's gong to be okay all day and then about the time we would get there is when the hazardous road conditions will start.  I would be worrying all evening about getting back home.  We are just too far away to chance it-----even if we were not in an accident what would normally be an hour drive easily turns into a 2 to 3 hour drive.  

dragn--congrats on your promotion

yarn_monkey, the puppies sound adorable,

I'm sorry you all had to cancel your get together, but better safe than sorry I guess. Will you be able to reschedule?

Drgnldy congratulations on the promotion!! I can't believe I remembered because I forgot to quote you! Lol

And Katie I think we all have days like that! Sometimes I think you need that Nothing Day to get back into doing things. Especially after busy times like the holidays!

Didn't get into a whole lot today. We went out for Italian for lunch ND ordered pizza for dinner. I went to the local all this afternoon so I could go to Belk. They're generally too expensive for me but they had some great deals today. Also went into Penney's and found myself a sweater and 2 outfits for Peanut that I just couldn't pass up. They were only $6 each for a 2 piece top and pants set. The mall here is mostly closed now expcent for a couple small stores inside and the big anchor department stores, so it's a little creepy. You walk through the mall and it's all dark and really empty and it seems like you're in a scary movie. Apparently it's been bought by someone new and getting a new life. I hope so!

We're doing Christmas with my dad and his girlfriend tomorrow finally. Everybody has just been busy and it hasn't worked so far. I know what I'm getting because I went through a catalog circling things for my dad but DH has a big ole box sitting in the living room and it's driving him crazy because he was just expecting a gift card! Lol! Then tomorrow evening we'll go back to the friend's house for dinner and puppy visiting.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

I'm sorry you all had to cancel your get together, but better safe than sorry I guess. Will you be able to reschedule?

Drgnldy congratulations on the promotion!! I can't believe I remembered because I forgot to quote you! Lol

And Katie I think we all have days like that! Sometimes I think you need that Nothing Day to get back into doing things. Especially after busy times like the holidays!

Didn't get into a whole lot today. We went out for Italian for lunch ND ordered pizza for dinner. I went to the local all this afternoon so I could go to Belk. They're generally too expensive for me but they had some great deals today. Also went into Penney's and found myself a sweater and 2 outfits for Peanut that I just couldn't pass up. They were only $6 each for a 2 piece top and pants set. The mall here is mostly closed now expcent for a couple small stores inside and the big anchor department stores, so it's a little creepy. You walk through the mall and it's all dark and really empty and it seems like you're in a scary movie. Apparently it's been bought by someone new and getting a new life. I hope so!

We're doing Christmas with my dad and his girlfriend tomorrow finally. Everybody has just been busy and it hasn't worked so far. I know what I'm getting because I went through a catalog circling things for my dad but DH has a big ole box sitting in the living room and it's driving him crazy because he was just expecting a gift card! Lol! Then tomorrow evening we'll go back to the friend's house for dinner and puppy visiting.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

No it wasn't cancelled.  I just didn't go.  I live a lot farther away than the rest of them, close enough that I can make it in to things but not close enough to always make it easy to get there.  I try to go because I always think this will be the last time we get together.  It's been 17 years since the hospital closed and everyone has dispersed.  Then each year fewer and fewer people show up and several have lost their husbands.  If we would have gone I wouldn't have enjoyed it as the whole time I would have been worried about the drive back home but I am still bummed out none the less. 

Good morning or After noon.

Heading up to get boys for they spent the weekend with their mother. Under great protest but my hands are tied. So need to get them and back home and finish some stuff up and get them ready for school tomorrow.

Archived