Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bubbe

thank you for my square,the colors are great

Katy

we had one cat that thought it was her own personal grooming device,the others not so much,and would steer clear

You are very welcome

hi all, new comer, but info is not in yet, name Kriekie from S. Africa! WOW! I will post when more info is known, thanks...

Edited to add.

Kriekie is now a new member, and is collecting bright cheery colored 4 inchers,the scrappier the better! Soo those of us that enjoy doing the smaller ones, now have a great outlet!! South Africa is a long way away, I might advise on the overseas ones, to send it certified, confirmed delivery, or whatever you call it. Going that far, as well as to the other overseas members, it's a good idea, i learned the hard way, lol

So lets give KARIN a BIg Granny WELCOME TO THE GROUP... You are now officially considered a "square!"

hi all, new comer, but info is not in yet, name Kriekie from S. Africa! WOW! I will post when more info is known, thanks...

Edited to add.

Kriekie is now a new member, and is collecting bright cheery colored 4 inchers,the scrappier the better! Soo those of us that enjoy doing the smaller ones, now have a great outlet!! South Africa is a long way away, I might advise on the overseas ones, to send it certified, confirmed delivery, or whatever you call it. Going that far, as well as to the other overseas members, it's a good idea, i learned the hard way, lol

So lets give KARIN a BIg Granny WELCOME TO THE GROUP... You are now officially considered a "square!"

Welcome!!:cheer

Edited to add.

Woooo!!! It's hip to be square!

Just checking in, hi all! ANother hot one today, pushnig 100 again, no rain for over a month, things are drying up, wild fires now in north east Ne. hopefully will get that under control before it spreads into S. Dak. Burning bans, watering restrictions and air conditioning woes for some, not to mention what the fires, the heat and the lack of rain is going to do to all of our food bills in a few months!

On a lighter note, having company today, but won't be all day, so will be back on again after while, so if you need anything, pm me, Ill get it asap when I get back! Have a great and creatively productive day!!!!!!!:manyheart

I got a rather large puffy today! A gorgeous bunch of flowers from katyallen8090!!! I love them! Thanks for thinking of my girlies :manyheart

post-54070-135897769966_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to post this as well. I posted earlier the square I received from Aussie Paula for my little 6"er ghan but I wanted to share the 2 8" squares I got from her in the KISS Swap. I haven't put them with the rest of the squares I have because I keep looking at them... they are very touchy feely.

post-54070-13589776997_thumb.jpg

Hi, everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome. Appreciated.:hug I'm very excited to be part of this special group and have started with my first squares to send out.

Thank you!! I was the same. I couldn't stop touching them! They are so gorgeous. The patterns for both are on Ravelry.

Have you all seen the freeform crochet square Crochetville posted a pic of on Facebook? I looove it!!! It would look gorgeous on my afghan. 'sigh'

For those who dont have facebook.

http://leblogdemarie.fr/2012/04/02/crocheter-en-liberte/

Thank you!! I was the same. I couldn't stop touching them! They are so gorgeous. The patterns for both are on Ravelry.

Have you all seen the freeform crochet square Crochetville posted a pic of on Facebook? I looove it!!! It would look gorgeous on my afghan. 'sigh'

Oh yeah! I saw it and drooled! Unreal! I tried free form once...looked like some carrots and peas...I was going for an underwater theme. :lol

wow. I don't have facebook, and that by choice, as my daughter has burned through 3 or 4 laptops from all the junk that comes in on facebook she thinks. so it is by choice, so thanks so much for the link Bubbe!

I looked at it, and although unusual and unique, and truly loved those colors they used, so compatico! The planning and time and talent it takes, wow! Unfortunately, not my cup of tea, either to try or to use much, I guess I am a more of a Symmetrical type person, and like all my peas and carrots in rows or rounds,. lol:)

ohhhhhhhh and the bigger new of the day, I have randomly chosen an August Biggest Square!! I am setting up now to contact her, and it is a her, and ask if she wants to accept that honor, then it will be hush hush till the first when I will announce it and pledges will be opened! I will also try to pry amounts of squares needed, and update any color and or size preferences with her as well...

Before I contact her, is there anything else I am forgetting to find out?? If anyone can think of anything else, let me know . I won't email or pm her till later this afternoon or this evening, so you have a little window open just a crack to get any and all questions in, he he....

Well Lee, we are waiting to hear your progression, and how the puffy's have been treating you as well!! How many you have recieved so far, how many more you might need, and if you will have a pic for us at the end of the month, we would be excited to see what you recieved, not mandatory, but those pics are sure coveted here!! We drool over them, you know!!

And Ms. Cindy,, did i miss your post of what you have gotten altogether yet, i think last i read on your siggy was 51! What wonderful Puffy Goodness from Yarn Hill, huh!!

I love the first of the month!! LOL, and it takes all the patience I might possess, with is precious little in the first place, to wait now till the first to announce HER HIGHNESS for August, a month most usually warm here, with hints of summer pulling up her skirts, and beginning to pack up to move on shortly, clearing the path for Ms. Fall, the lady with the golden leaves in her hair, and her gown of orange and yellow

Its my favorite season!

So, let me know, Ill email or pm her late this afternoon or early eveing, I will say this, she is a REGUALR poster, so that will be your first, and ONLY HINT, he he he......have a great day everyone, find the time to make your hook happy by using it for a while today!!!! Happy hooks, are the best hooks!!!!!!:hug:hook

That square is gorgeous! I could see it in all turquoise, black and white!!! Wish I had the talent to do "freeform" like that!!!

Emma the package with 2 squares for Felicia and 4 squares for Isabel is now in the hands of the USPS. I said a little prayer over the puffy for safe arrival as I handed it over.

Woo that time of the month again! I can't wait to see who the lucky lady is! I have a small stash of cotton yarn and RHSS ready to go. We had a new store open up in the past week and it has some very pretty yarn. I picked up some variegated colours. Can't wait to use them!

Has anyone heard from Crochetlady2012? I sent out four squares to her the same time I sent out Immafreak and Snowflake's squares and I haven't heard back from her. No reply to my pm. I am hoping they have made it safely. Lee should also recieve his some time this week!

We have a confirmation! She accepts the honor with pride, and joy at being chosen the next Biggest Square! Look for announcement on the first, as to her colors, and sizes, oh and her name!! you might need that, huh! Have fun everyone!

Archived