Cup Caddy

Well I finally bought Carlinda's Cup Caddy pattern a week or so ago; and yesterday I finally got around to crocheting one. :hook I just love it, it's so cool. And it''s an organizer (something I definitely need.) I made this one in "monet" by Red Heart. I hope to make a lot more. :yes I made this one for a gift for someone. :manyheart

Side note: I went to the thrift store to buy a cup in a "matching" (or as close as I could get) color. A girl asked me if she could help me find anything. I said "Oh I'm just looking for a coffee cup." She helped me find one in a matching color. :P It was wrapped up like a gift w/ candies inside it. When I took all that off, I saw it was a cup from Detroit, Michigan: "City of Detroit.... Kwayme M. Kilpatrick, Mayor". (Okay it must be an old cup. lol) But I am from Michigan (not from Detroit, but..).. so I thought it was kinda neat to find a Michigan cup in a thrift store in Nevada... :think:P

post-20-13589774438_thumb.jpg

post-20-13589774439_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897744396_thumb.jpg

I think the idea of covering up a thrift store cup is the best part of the cup caddy! Well, maybe second best thing since the first should be the utility of the caddy itself! But it makes something useful out of a cup you might otherwise toss! That is always a winning idea to me! Love your choice of monet. I made a poncho for one of my granddaughters in monet a couple of years ago.

Isn't this pattern fantastic? I've already made 3 caddies and 2 of them were gifts :hook The yarn you used is sooo pretty - I wish I could find it in my country...

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Nira. I didn't see angelsmiths question; I should have put the pattern link right in my first post. :blush I think I will still do it, though.. Thanks! :)

Archived