Sock Monkey messenger bag :)

saint6811

Great Job was the bag made by crocheting the bag folding in half then whip stiching it up the sides with red..? and creating the flap from top part of the bag as you fold it over? Do you have a pattern to share? thank want to make my mom one

Great Job was the bag made by crocheting the bag folding in half then whip stiching it up the sides with red..? and creating the flap from top part of the bag as you fold it over? Do you have a pattern to share? thank want to make my mom one

I made the body of the purse all in one piece, as a long rectangle...I folded the bottom edge up towards the top, leaving about 3-4 inches of the top edge to fold over for the flap. I did a sc join down both sides. The red trim on the flap was done seperately. If I can recall correctly, the bag is about 11 inches wide, and I made the body rectangle about

26 inches inches long before I folded the bottom edge up to 'assemble' it. I used a J hook with double strand ww yarn, done in all hdc. You could make it any size you wanted, I basically just doubled the width plus a couple inches for the length. The strap is just dc rows back and forth, 3 stitches wide. I attached to the top edge of the bag where the flap would fold over (on the side edge) where there was 3 stitches unworked. I just kept going til the strap was the length I wanted, then ss to the opposite side......HTH! :)

Joy

Archived