Hope You Won't Judge Me - I Have a Confession

I started a CAL on the Sweetheart Ripple Afhan - 2 years ago! I've had mishaps and misadventures along the way and the afghan ended up in a UFO collection. Please don't take it personally, Ms. Guzman. It's a beautiful pattern, and it's bothered me that I haven't finished it. I came across the afghan last week when moving my stash, and I retrieved it from limbo and I'm working on it again. (Some crochet-a-long, with emphasis on looooooooooonnnng!) Anyway, I should be finished this weekend and hope to post some photos when it's done.

Anyway - that's my confession. It's actually my second-oldest UFO. I have another afghan started and it's sitting in a container in the attic. Coincidentally, it's also a heart afghan. I am hoping that I still have the instructions stashed away with that one, because I'd also like to finish it one day. That one is probably 3 years old.

What's your oldest UFO? Or am I the UFO queen?

I have an afghan UFO at least 5 years old if not 6. It is a simple ripple...and very boring. I work on it while camping and on long car rides since i don't need the pattern and use my lighted hook. It is a simple repeat stripe pattern. I like a challenge and it is not. so it sits in a uge ziploc bag to be taken on long trips and camping. I hope ti finish it this year on vacation since i would like to gift it at christmas but well we will see.

Nope, sorry you are far from the queen.

I am working on an afghan I started TEN years ago. I don't even know why I didn't finish it but it was bothering me a lot lately so I dug it out and have sewen the squares together. I'm working on the edging now and then I have ends to weave in.

Also I have one in storage that got damaged in the wash so I was recrocheting it from the good parts. I don't know how old that is but it's more than ten years. LOL

I wouldn't be surprised though if there are others out there who have projects older than mine.

Geeez.......thanx for reminding me about those darn "UFO'S"!! I have two!! #1. A box of granny squares that I never put together, still had to make more squares.....this project is about 17+ yrs. old(dh and I have been married 18 yrs.) & project #2. It's also a crochet squares afghan......it's a McCalls or Simplicity pattern(remember when they had crochet patterns in their sewing books???? I was going to make this afghan for someone I worked with...........and that's been :think :think 16 yrs!! They are still at the old house in one of our shed's. I guess when we empty out that shed, I'll have to check to see how they're doing!! :lol :lol

You are so not alone. I have many things in limbo at the moment... I love that stitch pattern though and used it to make a jacket, a couple of totes, a guitar strap, but not the afghan...glad you are working on it again. (Side note and off topic, but I won 2nd place at the state fair for my jacket...)

I have a granny square blanket that I started when I lived in Ireland, using scraps of different yarns. I was young, I didn't really know a whole lot about what yarns (sport, laceweight, worsted, bulky) actually go together so it's rather... odd.

Lets see... that was in 1988. Soooo, 24 years in the UFO pile??

Do squares that were given to you count :think? My aunt gave me a box of squares (4 or 5 inch) after a church rummage sale (they were headed for the trash bin :eek). I never assembled them. It was a few years after I moved, 18 - 20 years ago :lol.

Ellie 13

• 2 months later...
I started a CAL on the Sweetheart Ripple Afhan - 2 years ago! I've had mishaps and misadventures along the way and the afghan ended up in a UFO collection. Please don't take it personally, Ms. Guzman. It's a beautiful pattern, and it's bothered me that I haven't finished it. I came across the afghan last week when moving my stash, and I retrieved it from limbo and I'm working on it again. (Some crochet-a-long, with emphasis on looooooooooonnnng!) Anyway, I should be finished this weekend and hope to post some photos when it's done.

Better late than never. :hug

I have a grannie-stripe afghan that I've never completed, because I need more yarn and one of the colors is no longer produced! What I should do is just frog it and use the yarn for something else...

:blush :blush :blush

The longest UFO I ever had was only a few years --maybe 3 years. It was a kit I bought from Mary Maxim. It was a charted afghan with a train scene.....Although I crochet ALOT and give almost all away, I had never made my hubby anything. He loves trains so......

The afghan was such a burden as the way the directions said to join new yarn and end off was not correct. :(There were so many color changes, it was a mess! :eek So I put it away for a few years. I finally got it out again and completed it....

Not long after it started to unravel--so I threw it away.:angry

It is very pretty, but as for unfinished project?? I have an afghan that is all packed up and out of sight. It is in a sealed bag, but I hear it screaming. Getting to hot now to work on it.:sigh Maybe this winter.:hook

I have a confession too! LOL. I had started in the Fendi Knockoff crochet-a-long and moved several times so I had forgotten all about it. That was like in 2006! I found the pattern again last year and started over, finally finishing it in 2011. I probably have crochet patterns I started even longer than that I have yet to finish! I'm gonna have to have my sister go through my stuff and mail them to me since they are in Indiana and I am in Louisiana now!

AUUGH!...Now you are reminding me of the vest I started in 2005 that is half done and in a zippered bag at the bottom of my closet. Every now and then I hear it calling. Maybe I will pull that out and finish it. Then again, Maybe Not:blush

Archived