2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't had anything to post the last 2 weeks, what with working on that beaded dress and some doilies. This week I took a small break and did a granny square baby afghan, now I'm back to my doilies and doll dress. WTD+10

used up 8 more balls of yarn on bootie & hat sets for newborns, dishcloths for gifts, and squares for charity. However, had to buy 2 skeins of cotton as there wasn't quite enough left for my projects.

Previous number this week -5

This week's total: WTD -1; YTD 27

Used up 14 balls of yarn, turned 1 into a ball, but bought a total of 8 skeins this week. -1 just doesn't seem like a fair reflection of my work this week. :think

Like many others, I am expecting 2 shipments of new yarn next week. Happy Hooking everyone!

I haven't used up too much this week, just a ball and a skein working on my granny square afghan. I have my daughter's "shocking pink" afghan assembled and I've started the border, but I don't have enough of that used up to count yet. :lol

Week ending 5/12/2012:

WTD +3 / YTD +57

The Asheville area yarn stores are having a yarn crawl this weekend. I showed extreme restraint and came home with two skeins.

WTD -4

YTD +48

Good Morning Everyone & Happy Mother's Day! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Gold Medal goes to: cris +12

Silver Medal goes to: lhasaapsolady +10

Bronze Medal goes to: pineknott +9

Runners-up: greyhoundgrandma +5

crabby rat +3

walker 1021 +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +2

Yarn Geek +2

Holding Steady at 0: cshort

tnkycrochetnut

prettywoman030981

HollyzHobbyz

Losing some ground: Shanaart -1

MouseCLP -4

And "Shooting for the Moon":

FrLopLady -42

I am shocked! :rofl ok not :D

Well...you may be giving it back to me next weekend! :blush My daughter sent me a package with instructions not to open it until Mother's Day. When I opened it, there was a beautiful afghan she had made for me...and a box full of scrap yarn...40 little balls of it! :eek I've already used up four of them making yo-yo's and I'm going to keep at it this week! School's done for the semester, so I'll have some crocheting time!

I have not been around much over the last few weeks so nothing is getting crocheted.

Hopefully all the mayhem has now settled down and I can get back to the fun. I did work in the afghan booth @ my church festival this weekend so I was surrounded by much inspiration. Maybe I'll use up a few skeins this week. :blush

Once again I am late posting .........

WTD = a big fat ZERO

Well, I missed this week again BUT since my score was a big fat ZERO I guess it doesn't much matter :think

I haven't had any hook time for about 3 weeks :eek But yesterday was a relaxing day for me and I was able to get one whole round of border onto my mcal ghan :lol So with that I used a ball and can get a point for this week :clap

I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday :ghug:manyheart

Well...you may be giving it back to me next weekend! :blush My daughter sent me a package with instructions not to open it until Mother's Day. When I opened it, there was a beautiful afghan she had made for me...and a box full of scrap yarn...40 little balls of it! :eek I've already used up four of them making yo-yo's and I'm going to keep at it this week! School's done for the semester, so I'll have some crocheting time!

Two more little of balls of yarn down! :hook

14 skeins are scheduled to hit my doorstep today!! Problem is, I have no idea where I'm gonna put them. Finishing up the wedding afghan, then I need to start on an afghan for a dear, dear friend of mine :turtle who has been waiting forever for her afghan to be made. Yes, I am slow. lol But all of that still doesn't give me the stash room needed this week. YIKES!!

Thanks Mona!!! lol I was really hoping you would get your shipment this week so I wouldn't look so bad. hehehe 14 skeins were at the house yesterday as expected. Anyone want to try and do better??? :rofl

Thanks Mona!!! lol I was really hoping you would get your shipment this week so I wouldn't look so bad. hehehe 14 skeins were at the house yesterday as expected. Anyone want to try and do better??? :rofl

With the post office you can never really be sure, so there's still hope. Or maybe Holly won't use up too many of her little balls.

Or maybe Holly won't use up too many of her little balls.

I'm trying! :devil I started a baby afghan last night, and even though I didn't finish the two skeins...I did turn them each into a "little ball"! So, good for one point each! :hook

I am tired. I was up most of the night with friends. Marilyn has been battling cancer. Had her last chemo 2 weeks ago. Her body was tired and stopped working. The spirit was strong, but the body was not. Marilyn went to heaven at 4:30 this morning. I was one of a couple of friends that went to be with her while she went through chemo. It is because of her that I started to make chemo hats. I was able to almost finish 2 hats with my last time with her. I told her all about them. Please pray for strength and peace for her husband Ron and the rest of the family.

I had gone to walmart to get yarn to make sure I had enough to make hats with her last night. Have to go find the bag to remember what I bought. I think it was 7 skeins

Archived