2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, crap. Instead of crocheting I went SHOPPING!!! lol. And now my score is shot. lol. I bought 2 cones of cotton, one skein of SS, one ball of some type of chunky yarn, and one skein of ILTY that I needed for the next blanket I'm going to start soon. (random, I know....but they all have a purpose) I did buy a skein of homespun as well, but it's one that my daughter had asked for last week and I was too broke to get it at the time, so I got it now to surprise her when she gets home from her grandma's house tomorrow!

SOOOOOO..............

:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

For the week ending 2-4-12

WTD: -9 YTD: -5

I think I only see 3 so far who are in the negative, and of those, two are currently tied for the shoot the moon at -9 :lol Did ANYBODY get a really good haul this week? I see our resident turtle had a 0 for the week :D

Went to Michael's today with a 40% coupon and a $5 off a purchase of $5 or more coupon (e-mail)..... and I left with 4 skeins of Sugar 'n Cream cotton and a skein of RHSS. I only spent $1.79. :devil

I also bought 4 skeins earlier in the week for a project and used 1.

WTD: -16; YTD: -86

I'm not sure what time I'll be posting scores tomorrow as I might end up working extra hours, but they should be posted before the Super Bowl starts.

The good news is that I went through 2 skeins this week. The bad news is that I forgot that I received 2 skeins from my coworker to make a baby sweater, so...

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD +12

:crocheting. :manyheart.

Can yarn_geek get it two weeks running? Anyone taking bets on if she's gonna be a medalist in the STM for 2012 as well? :lol

Yes, I'm tired and making stuff up :lol

Finished the star shell blanket I've been working on, but didn't use up the last ball.....The ball will be gone in a few weeks, though when I send off the blankets since I plan on sending the little bit of each color left with the blankets in case a repair needs to be made. I figure the few feet left will be good to have just in case! And the border turned out FANTASTIC!! It really makes the blanket! :cheer:clap

post-55092-135897733781_thumb.jpg

post-55092-135897733785_thumb.jpg

Finished the star shell blanket I've been working on, but didn't use up the last ball.....The ball will be gone in a few weeks, though when I send off the blankets since I plan on sending the little bit of each color left with the blankets in case a repair needs to be made. I figure the few feet left will be good to have just in case! And the border turned out FANTASTIC!! It really makes the blanket! :cheer:clap

That is absolutely STUNNING!!! Great job!

:cheer:c9

Pretty busy crocheting week:

WTD +6

Here's what I've been working on. Also I've gotten the afghan triangles joined and I'm working on the two border rows. Then just the tassels to finish it.

Those are gorgeous!! Love them!! :hug

:oops Duh! I told you it would be blindingly obvious! By the way, isn't there a smilie for a headslap? I could have sworn there was one, but I can't find it for the life of me. (Probably another flash of the blindingly obvious.)

It looks great! I'm sure you'll do great on the border! Good luck on finishing that next ball! :crocheting:yarn:yarn:yarn

:rofl Looks like you found the headslap smilie!! :hug

Finished an afghan yesterday so I'm actually in the positives!!!

WTD +23

YTD +19

had two full bags of assorted balls,happy to say from those 2 quart bags,I have one small cream color and one coral,all others have been used for hats for the homeless

wtd +18 ytd +54

Yippie! :clap I had a great week of crocheting! :woo I don't think I'll get any additional full skeins finished tonight; if I do, I'll just add them to next week's numbers.

For the week ending February 4th, 2012:

WTD: +44, YTD: +174

There goes more of my stash! :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn :waving Bye stash! :manyheart

I'm working on a double stranded ripple, and that uses up the stash. WTD+18

Kudos to all of you double digit stash busters!!! :nworthy Great job!! :cheer

Finished the star shell blanket I've been working on, but didn't use up the last ball.....The ball wilhl be gone in a few weeks, though when I send off the blankets since I plan on sending the little bit of each color left with the blankets in case a repair needs to be made. I figure the few feet left will be good to have just in case! And the border turned out FANTASTIC!! It really makes the blanket! :cheer:clap

Wow!! What a beautiful afghan!! :manyheart

Thought I might finish another skein on the tassels, but it didn't happen. But I am through with the afghan now.

I love this! I've been wondering all along what the heck a triangle afghan was, and I think I'm in love! :heart It looks like a pinwheel!! :manyheart

I did get some hooky time in this week, however I didn't manage to finish up any balls or skeins... so I get to join the BIG FAT ZERO club this week, too!! :rofl

WTD 0 / YTD +12

I love this! I've been wondering all along what the heck a triangle afghan was, and I think I'm in love! :heart It looks like a pinwheel!! :manyheart

That's the name--Pinwheel Afghan--from Annie's Attic's 2010 Crochet Calendar.

Finished the star shell blanket I've been working on

Very pretty. That stitch is on my to-do list!

Really love this!

Those are gorgeous!! Love them!! :hug

:rofl Looks like you found the headslap smilie!! :hug

DUH! :oops Unbelievable, the "oops" smilie is the headslap! :laughroll I need to preview the post before submitting it! :hug

So, how many people are going to crochet through the entire super bowl tonight?

The shell afghan finished up great! You did a great job on the border!

DUH! :oops Unbelievable, the "oops" smilie is the headslap! :laughroll I need to preview the post before submitting it! :hug

So, how many people are going to crochet through the entire super bowl tonight?

The shell afghan finished up great! You did a great job on the border!

I think I'll be screaming thorugh most of the game with the occasional pacing, while spending the commercials crocheting. Go PATS!:cheer:cheer

Can yarn_geek get it two weeks running? Anyone taking bets on if she's gonna be a medalist in the STM for 2012 as well? :lol

Yes, I'm tired and making stuff up :lol

Why, yes I can and have in past years. :lol

I'm just starting to make the list, so it'll be awhile before scores are posted.

I didn't get back in time to post for last week. I only had +1, so I'll add it to this week (if I'm not too late). I made 35 heart pins, used a small skein of cotton and rolled down a skein of red (+3) :cheer. I used a ball of pink for another heart door/wall hanging (+1) :clap. I did good this week.

WTD: + 5 YTD: + 8

Ellie 13

me me me! :waving I might even watch the game occasionally :lol

I think I'll be screaming thorugh most of the game with the occasional pacing, while spending the commercials crocheting. Go PATS!:cheer:cheer

I'm not a fan of either team (actually, I can't stand one of them, the other I don't care enough about to have feelings for either way), but I do LOVE football! Plus, watching the Super Bowl is my reward for limiting my television time since New Years. I hope everything is ready before kick-off! :clap

The commercials really are one of the best parts of the game. Halftime, I'll run around grabbing the rest of the snacks, food, drinks, etc. Hopefully, I'll also need to grab more yarn! :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Hooks were flying this week! Great job everyone!

Way to Bust that Stash!

Joyfulghans +44 Gold Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

Braxxi +23 Silver Medal Winner!!! :cheer:clap:cheer

lhasaapsolady +18 Bronze Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

pineknott +18 Bronze Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

dragonpuck +9

greyhoundgrandma +8

marpan79 +8

cshort +7

Ellie 13 +5

fc1123 +5

Needle Arts +4

tnkycrochetnut +4

Amibel +2

sahm2g1b +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1

CLLinda +1

cris +1

Holding Steady!

Cathoms 0

crabby rat 0

FrLopLaday 0

HollyzHobbyz 0

kiwikitti 0

kraftynkrazy 0

MouseCLP 0

PBLKNP 0

Ravenaier 0

shannart 0

Stephanie 0

TurtleLvr 0

walker1021 0

New Yarn!

Abigail1280 -9

prettywoman030981 -9

yarn_geek -16 Shoot the Moon Winner!!! Looks like I'm it, again! :devil

If I missed anybody or made any mistakes, let me know and I'll fix it.:)

Way to Bust that Stash!

Joyfulghans +44 Gold Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

Braxxi +23 Silver Medal Winner!!! :cheer:clap:cheer

lhasaapsolady +18 Bronze Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

pineknott +18 Bronze Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

Wow! Those are some impressive numbers. Lots of crocheting going on!

Archived