2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finished a divine hat--a pattern I've meant to try for a long time. It worked up very fast. Got a skein down to a tiny ball.

They do work up deceptively fast :D I can do a large adult one in about 2 hours, if that long.

No real stashbusting going on this week so far. I haven't worked on my mother's afghan, and I'm testing a set of patterns the next couple of days that is using very small amounts of different colors so far. Maybe I can use up a ball on one of the patterns. At least I'm not buying more, right?

I keep meaning to reorganize my yarn again, but I never make it. I kinda have to do something tonight because otherwise, the yarn will be sleeping on my bed and not me :lol

I used up 2 balls today on a UBW hat. Took a friend to urologist ... 3 hour drive one way because it was a dr that would LISTEN to her, unlike the dr here locally. This was the dr she saw before and they are going to REMOVE the kidney stone instead of trying to blast it.,.again. This is the 4th time (and hopefully last) they have worked on getting this particular stone OUT. So I'm gonna get some serious hooking time on Friday while it is done.

+2

How sad about the yarn Jennifer. Its always fun to get "new" or "new to you" yarn. Here's hoping the other yarn your neighbor will be giving to you does not have the same problem and ends up in the trash.

I know how you feel. Life comes before fun.:hug

:manyheart

Finished homework in time to sit and crochet a bit last night. :cheer

I finished a divine hat--a pattern I've meant to try for a long time. It worked up very fast. Got a skein down to a tiny ball.

Gonna have to try that pattern one day. But first, there are a couple afghans that must get done. :turtle

Good morning everyone :hi

I also did not have any crochet time in last night :( Well, today's a new day :xfin

I used up 2 balls today on a UBW hat. Took a friend to urologist ... 3 hour drive one way because it was a dr that would LISTEN to her, unlike the dr here locally. This was the dr she saw before and they are going to REMOVE the kidney stone instead of trying to blast it.,.again. This is the 4th time (and hopefully last) they have worked on getting this particular stone OUT. So I'm gonna get some serious hooking time on Friday while it is done.

+2

It sure is hard to find good dr's that you like and are comfortable with. I hope your friend is feeling better :xfin It was very nice of you to go with her :hug

Scratch that. Went through it and something (either mice or bugs) had been eating on the yarn, so it got thrown in the trash. I'm sad cause there was some pretty yarn in there!

Oh, that's just nasty.....AND such a waste :( Oh well, such is life....maybe the next batch will have been spared :xfin

I'm not making much headway at all knitting socks. GRRRRRRRRR (never-ending balls of sock yarn!) - I do think I'm going to move back to my afghan squares so perhaps I'll muster up a +1 this week :)

Working on a baby sweater, on size nine needles. It's working up pretty fast. Hopefully, it will use up a lot of yarn.

:manyheart

I bought a pounder today to use for preemie blankets. So -2 for me so far this week.

Getting so close to being done on the twin size blanket I'm working on. I'm just slowing down because I'm getting bored with the pattern. AND I still have one more to go in the same pattern but in different colors. NEVER AGAIN! I will not do 2 big blankets in the same pattern back to back again. It's gets boring too fast and then I lose my motivation!

I bought a pounder today to use for preemie blankets. So -2 for me so far this week.

Getting so close to being done on the twin size blanket I'm working on. I'm just slowing down because I'm getting bored with the pattern. AND I still have one more to go in the same pattern but in different colors. NEVER AGAIN! I will not do 2 big blankets in the same pattern back to back again. It's gets boring too fast and then I lose my motivation!

I understand completely. I am getting so tired of working on the over sized lapghan I am making to give to a friend's husband. But since her hubby has some serious health problems I want to get it done so he can enjoy it as much as possible and as long as possible. They were very good to my hubby and me last year when I was battling breast cancer so I can't pass up the chance to do something nice for them. Soon and very soon I will be back making my caps and scarves.:hug:manyheart

Once I got home from school last night, there just wasn't enough energy left to crochet. Me and the pooch just sat in the chair and watched TV as the hubby slept on the couch.

I'm just slowing down because I'm getting bored with the pattern. AND I still have one more to go in the same pattern but in different colors. NEVER AGAIN! I will not do 2 big blankets in the same pattern back to back again. It's gets boring too fast and then I lose my motivation!

That's why I listen to audio books while I'm crocheting! That's all that kept me going last night -- weaving in ends on 8 triangles, 42 ends on each triangle. 5 finished!

That's why I listen to audio books while I'm crocheting! That's all that kept me going last night -- weaving in ends on 8 triangles, 42 ends on each triangle. 5 finished!

I'm dreading the ends. Each color pattern has 3 colors, 2 ends per color, and I haven't weaved any in since the blanket was less than 20" long. I've got a TON to do.

Archived