2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Didn't finish enough of any skein of yarn to count this week. However, when the box of yarn arrived today, I discovered that in addition to my Mom's afghan yarn, I had ordered 2 skeins for toys. :eek So, I have to count them.

WTD: -2 YTD -4

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of snow and icy rain, then came two days of power outages. Alas, no 'Ville to check in with.

Week ending 1/14: +16 mailed to another 'Viller, + 3 from stash

Weak ending 1/21: +5 for NICU 'ghans, - 3 from friend to trims

Week 1/14: +19 (as these are last weeks number, please do not count for this week...just adding to my YTD

WEEK 1/21: WTD: +2, YTD: +23

Finished off 2 skeins tonight working on a round ripple

So +5 but there may be a HL trip tomorrow

oh yeah there was.... :think:think :eek:eek:eek :cheer:cheer:cheer :hook

26 skeins of yarn jumped into my cart. So that is a -52, less the +5 += -47 and I used up a partial skein making a hat and the rest is a ball so +1 for a score of -46. It is quarter to midnight, but I drove home from my dd (3 hours) and had my fill of sweet tea to keep me awake..which it usually does until 3am..so maybe there is hope.

But I will post my score for now and hope to change it in the morning :rofl

WTD -46 ytd -56

:eek It can go back after it gets into the cart?!?!?!? I thought that was a permanent exile from the shelves!!! :lol

see above :lol:lol:lol

Well, I didn't get anything used up or even into a ball today, plus the cotton actually did arrive today so the (most likely) shoot the moon score...

Week ending 1/21/2012

WTD: -44 | YTD: -23

oh no..you will have to do better than that :lol:lol:lol

Finally finished another skein!!! :clap:bounce Still, I'm not happy with my weekly output! :angry Well, I'll have to do better next week.

WTD: +32, YTD: 94

I'm not sure what to say... I'm afraid any smart alec remark on my part might come across as snide :think.. :think it probably would be :lol:lol not happy with a +32... :eek do you know that hurts my feelings??? :P I don't think I've EVER done a +32..shoot it's hard enough to stay in the + :lol:lol

Finally finished another skein!!! :clap:bounce Still, I'm not happy with my weekly output! :angry Well, I'll have to do better next week.

WTD: +32, YTD: 94

And I thought I did well with a +9 this week. Keep up the good work!

:manyheart

I'm not sure what to say... I'm afraid any smart alec remark on my part might come across as snide :think.. :think it probably would be :lol:lol not happy with a +32... :eek do you know that hurts my feelings??? :P I don't think I've EVER done a +32..shoot it's hard enough to stay in the + :lol:lol

I'm happy when I can stay in the positives! Usually I can get a +1 or 2....

oh yeah there was.... :think:think :eek:eek:eek :cheer:cheer:cheer :hook

26 skeins of yarn jumped into my cart. So that is a -52, less the +5 += -47 and I used up a partial skein making a hat and the rest is a ball so +1 for a score of -46. It is quarter to midnight, but I drove home from my dd (3 hours) and had my fill of sweet tea to keep me awake..which it usually does until 3am..so maybe there is hope.

[snip]

I guess I should explain why I'm not happy with my score. And, you're not being snide at all. The second half of last year, I was using up an average of twenty-three skeins per week. Only using up sixteen is a disappointment when compared to what I was used to. :blush

Now, this will sound strange on a thread dedicated to stash busting: I'm jealous of everyone who's able to buy new yarn. :yay I watch my stash disappear and literally dream of getting to buy more yarn to replace it! :yes Deep down, I don't think I really want to bust my stash; I want to build it up even more! :clap

Still, this is supposed to be about busting our yarn stashes :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn. You can't bust a stash if you don't have one! So, just think of having a negative score as "building that stash you get to bust"! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer Three cheers for building your stash! :lol:lol Or am I completely off my rocker right now? :think

Happy crocheting! :hook:crocheting:hook:crocheting:hook

And I thought I did well with a +9 this week. Keep up the good work!

You were in positive territory! Keep it up!

Picked up a bunch of cotton at Michael's. :devil Bought 23 and used 2, so I'm at:

WTD: -42; YTD: -56

[sniffle] I love that number! Buying yarn is one of life's greatest pleasures! :manyheart Do you already have plans for all that wonderful yarn?

I'm happy when I can stay in the positives! Usually I can get a +1 or 2....

I'm convinced that both sides of zero are good. If you're in positive territory, you're giving yourself an excuse to buy more yarn; and if you're in negative territory, you're building your stash and giving yourself an excuse to use more yarn! :devil Umm, does that sound like a rationalization? :think I'm not sure what zero means though. I guess it means that you balance your building with your using? :eek Whoa! That's the best of both worlds!

:hook It's a new week! So, we all get to bust our stashes or build them, but whatever we get to do, it's all good! :manyheart

So, just think of having a negative score as "building that stash you get to bust"! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer Three cheers for building your stash! :lol:lol Or am I completely off my rocker right now? :think

Happy crocheting! :hook:crocheting:hook:crocheting:hook

thank you :bow thank you :bow...

and if you are off your rocker you are definitely in the right group with the rest of us! :cheer:cheer:lol

Wahoo! Looks like Mary is the shoot the moon winner by 1 skein :lol I barely scraped by :D

You are just soooo lucky I was to tired when I got home and more interested in starting my heirloom stitch afghan rather than busting a few balls of yarn :lol

I took advantage of the time extension to improve my score! :cheer This week, I wound 5 partial skeins into balls (+5); then I used a skein completely (+2); then I used up two other balls (+2)!! :clap Soooo.... my score for

Week ending 1-21-2012 is: WTD +9 / YTD +12

I'm very happy with my score! :yes

I hope our score announcer had a safe trip with her grandma, and everything went well getting her all settled back in to home!! :hug

Yarn_Geek, I think you hit shoot the moon again.... :D

Actually, for the week, I'm 3rd in line for shoot the moon. :devil As for the ytd score...:think? Yeah, I probably have that! :lol

Out of curiosity, I looked at my stashbusting notebook; three weeks into last year's game, I was already at -112!:faint So, I'm only half as bad this year? :shrug

[sniffle] I love that number! Buying yarn is one of life's greatest pleasures! :manyheart Do you already have plans for all that wonderful yarn?

No concrete plans, but I'll probably make dishcloths/washcloths out of the cotton. I was stocking up a bit since the Sugar 'n Cream was on sale for $1; the price rarely goes that low these days. Even if the global price of cotton drops this year, the regular retail price is unlikely to go down.

No concrete plans, but I'll probably make dishcloths/washcloths out of the cotton. I was stocking up a bit since the Sugar 'n Cream was on sale for $1; the price rarely goes that low these days. Even if the global price of cotton drops this year, the regular retail price is unlikely to go down.

That is a terrific price. And there is nothing wrong with stocking up. Might as well get it on sale, especially if you use this kind a lot.

thank you :bow thank you :bow...

and if you are off your rocker you are definitely in the right group with the rest of us! :cheer:cheer:lol

:clap:clap:clap Yippie! I'm in the right group! :manyheart

Actually, for the week, I'm 3rd in line for shoot the moon. :devil As for the ytd score...:think? Yeah, I probably have that! :lol

Out of curiosity, I looked at my stashbusting notebook; three weeks into last year's game, I was already at -112!:faint So, I'm only half as bad this year? :shrug

Wow! Fifty-six new skeins of yarn would be a wonderful thing! No reason to faint over that!

Cool! One can always use more dishcloths and washcloths. I wish we had a Hobby Lobby nearby because that is a fantastic price! :clap:clap:clap

Global prices won't matter as long as the value of the dollar keeps losing real value against other currencies. Until we get that under control (maybe with gold-backed money, end the fed-type thing), our prices will keep on increasing. I can't believe the fed's talking about printing even more "money". Haven't they inflated enough already to figure out that Keynesian "economics" doesn't work? :angry (I'm sorry if this borders on political, but studying economics is a passion for me and the stupidity that is preventing a recovery is a pet-peeve. :()

Archived