Two New Dishcloths

PAndrus

Those are very pretty! They look like store-bought dish cloths. That is supposed to be a compliment but after I typed it I wasn't sure if it sounded right. I mean they are so perfect! Very nice!

I really like those. They seem longish, do you use them as dish cloths or towels? I would love to crochet kitchen towels, but am afraid that they might be heavy or non-absorbent.

Does anyone crochet dish towels?

Nice!! I made the red one a while back....have it hanging on my oven door handle. Was going to make more but after the one, I guess I got bored with the pattern!!:think :think

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you ever tried using microfiber yarn in place of cotton for dishcloth patterns? Cotton is sort of the gold standard...

but the other day someone (not a crocheter) suggested that they might like microfiber.

Curious to see what you all think...:crocheting

Have any of you ever tried using microfiber yarn in place of cotton for dishcloth patterns? Cotton is sort of the gold standard...

but the other day someone (not a crocheter) suggested that they might like microfiber.

Curious to see what you all think...:crocheting

Haven't tried, bt it might be very absorbent. I sure like my microfiber towels and dishcloths from Pampered Chef. I actually use the dish cloths to clean my glasses. Have one color that is used for only that purpose so as not to get anything else on it. I may pick up a skein or two of microfiber next run into town and give it a try! I do love my cotton dishcloths but I have never crocheted a dish towel either, but with microfiber..... hmmmmmm... You got my mental gears turning and that is not always an easy task these days!

Those look great. I have that pattern saved to use. Now I really want to do it! :)

hannie's grannie - I have only made one with cotton yarn for my Mom (it was FULL of errors - I was still new to crochet) and she uses it and likes it (bless her heart). She said it worked better after the first wash.

As a total newbie to crochet I was a bit :think at the thought of making a dishcloth to use from yarn. Is it a special type of yarn you use? Are they good for washing dishes with?

They just look so fab, I LOVE the colours you've used, it's something I would never even have thought to do, but I would love to do something like this myself for our kitchen and what great presents they'd make as well.

:)

As a total newbie to crochet I was a bit :think at the thought of making a dishcloth to use from yarn. Is it a special type of yarn you use? Are they good for washing dishes with?

:)

You can make dishcloths from any absorbent fiber. Cotton, bamboo or rayon of any kind, linen. Acrylic won't work, and neither will wool. they will not absorb much at all :yes

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived