Cotton Scrap Tote

Elle

I had collected a number of small skeins of different colors of cotton over the years. Some came from swaps, some came from the grab bags that Elmore Pisgah used to sell on their site and a few came from my last trip to WalMart when I spotted a bunch of different colors on sale for $1.50 a skein. I didn't have enough to make a large project like a beach towel (now THAT I would LOVE to do!) but I figured if I did it in stripes, I would have enough to make a tote bag. As it turned out, I had enough for this tote, a drawstring bag that my friend asked me to make for her husband to tote his medications around in, and PROBABLY enough to make at LEAST another tote like this one, with POSSIBLY enough for another! :lol

Anyway, this is from my own pattern. It's single crochet with a size G hook so it's quite tight, so I haven't lined it. Unless I'm going to use it to carry around a crochet project, I don't think I'll have to line it, and the only reason I would line it for a crochet project carrier is so a hook didn't poke through. The colors look kind of washed out in the one pic, so I apologize for that. My camera is new and I couldn't figure out how to turn the flash off! :lol

post-10342-135897679321_thumb.jpg

post-10342-135897679324_thumb.jpg

WOW!!!

That is just gorgeous. :clap:clap:clap. I love it.

You did a great job on this tote. I wish single crochet didn't bother my hands so much, I'd attempt to make one. I have lots of cotton that needs to be used up.

Thanks, everyone, for the compliments! I don't make many bags, so it's nice to hear nice things about a bag that came from my own imagination! :c9

I think I will go through my cotton stash and start another one. I KNOW I have enough to make at least ONE more of these, so I think I will and make that be a giveaway for the near future. :)

Your tote is beautiful! You're doing exactly my favorite ~ single crochet in stripes, and you don't have to line it. A lot of people won't do it because they think it's too tedious and there's all the ends to tie off and weave in. I don't mind doing it because the bags come out gorgeous and are very sturdy.

love it, it turned out great, hmmm that maybe just the ticket for the scrap I have around

Archived