One hour, and one skein of work!

katyallen815

more eye goodies! I got tired of looking for a tank top cover for my ahem, bathroom. I couldn't find one in the right color, nor did I need the seat cover or the rugs and stuff that comes in a set, soooooo sat down the other day, with the meausrements, and my hook, pulled out some red heart that was pretty much the color i needed, and voooo wala!!! This nice and precisely right color tank lid cover emerged from my hook, in about an hour, I measured it on the lid, twice, and that was all, it fits, it is cupped around the tank lid, it's the right color, Im happy! Watch out MOO MOO, lol ! I almost emailed her for tips, but luckily, it came out perfectly in about an hour!! heres a pic..

post-40621-135897685571_thumb.jpg

Ohhhh Ohhhhh i better watch out i have competition here....

You have done a great job and you see its easy .. its as easy as it looks....

I love it...

hugs

Lillibet

thanks all, as for winging it, well, i could see it in my head, done, and worked from that, and yay moo moo, I did it, I was gonna email you for tips, but thought Id piddle around a bit first with it, who knew that I got it the first time, with absolutely no trouble! Dang, Grammie never fails me, I believe she inspires my creations at times! Neccessity really is the mother of invention! If you can imagine it, it can be done!

VERY nice -- in fact I had one I did in the very same color a while back -- it had two pineapples on it, but I lost the pattern. Wish I could find it again as I really liked it. I just recently went with the same color, just a couple shades lighter for the guest bathroom, because I couldn't find the towels to match anymore and mine were no longer "guest-worthy." :) I like your ingenuity though -- if you can't find it, come up with it yourself! I may have to do just that.

VERY nice -- in fact I had one I did in the very same color a while back -- it had two pineapples on it, but I lost the pattern. Wish I could find it again as I really liked it. I just recently went with the same color, just a couple shades lighter for the guest bathroom, because I couldn't find the towels to match anymore and mine were no longer "guest-worthy." :) I like your ingenuity though -- if you can't find it, come up with it yourself! I may have to do just that.

wow isn't that something! I just could not find the color I wanted for that, lol cept in yarn, I guess!And now to find some crocheted fish for decoration, lol

thanks all, nothing much spectacular, but it serves the purpose, you see, anything I would put on there, would somehow get knocked into the stool ,as the surface was too slick, and finding a tank cover, by itself in that particular color, was not successful! Im still working on some "fish" to applique onto it, so when that is done, I show you all a pic!

Very nice! I did something like that for the seat lid a while ago - couldn't find what I wanted, so just made it. What a good feeling! Maybe I should make a tank lid cover too, you inspire me. :)

Be careful adding the fish applique - they might make the surface lumpy.

Archived